I want to start lifting but i have no concept of what to actually do.

Deleted member 1212

Deleted member 1212

what exercises should i do?
what do i do if im skinny and look like an aushwitz survivor?

• +1
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel and Hero of the Imperium
Just start with 3x5 or 5x5 routine that adds in some accessory lifts for vanity. Maybe Jason Blaha 5x5.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680, to_stop_da_cope, Unbound and 1 other person
Just start with 3x5 or 5x5 routine that adds in some accessory lifts for vanity. Maybe Jason Blaha 5x5.
i have no idea what any of that means, 5 sets and 5 reps?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914, PYT, Baldingman1998 and 2 others
Google it bro. Or better yet, type in "blaha 5x5" on youtube, he has a video explaining everything. Whatever you do, don't neglect compound lifts. Us skinny fucks have to do that shit.

• +1
Reactions: Unbound

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680, SPFromNY914, Baldingman1998 and 3 others
Do this:
Monday: Deadlift, Pull-ups, barbell row, seated close grip cable row, face pulls and biceps curs.

Wednesday: Bench press, Over head press, incline dumbbell press, cable fly, triceps extensions.

Friday: Squat, leg extensions, leg curls, seated/standing calf raise, leg press, whatever abs exercises you like.

Do this for either 3*8. Feel free to remove one exercise or add one if its too easy or too hard. Don't sweat the reps and sets too much just get the work in and don't get bogged down in to the minutiae of lifting science.

Try to add more weight on the bar every or every other week.

Profit.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: nonserviam, NeanderthalMax and Deleted member 1212
Then stop being retarded and use google
fucking retards just go and train and eat more
0 iq

• +1
Reactions: Schönling, sytyl, PrisonMike and 4 others
0 iq
agreed, also username kinda checks out lmfao

• +1
Reactions: Madhate
0 iq
also mirin alucard avi, i just finished that anime like a week ago that shit was so god damn good

• +1
Reactions: sytyl and Madhate

There's like a gozzilion fitness channels on youtube bro. Watch guys like Jeff Nippard, absorb as much info as possible and you'll figure out a routine.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: sytyl, johncruz12345 and RoundHouse
  • +1
Reactions: cutecel and Baldingman1998
it's been on my bucket list for quite a while now but now that you've said it i will, also ima drop u a follow ngl
damn u a lucky nigger
I wish I could watch overlord for the first time again
If u liked Hellsing you'll love overlord
I watched hellsing ultimate 3 times
But I watched Overlord 5 times jfl
It has 3 seasons gl

• Love it
Reactions: RoundHouse
it's been on my bucket list for quite a while now but now that you've said it i will, also ima drop u a follow ngl
Bro overlord is the shit. You have to watch it.

• Love it
Reactions: RoundHouse
0 iq
i dont trust any site that isnt blackpilled

• JFL
Reactions: mulattomaxxer and Madhate
Do calisthenics to get some basic strength tbh

Then hop in PPL routine

just go to the gym and get a routine theory

That's very good for strength but for looks i'd do higher reps. Calisthenics is good for beginners, pushups, pull ups and dips.

Or 6-12 reps in the gym basic moves. You can still add some low rep training to get more strength in addition to muscle.
You'll get both regardless as a total beginner.

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
That's very good for strength but for looks i'd do higher reps. Calisthenics is good for beginners, pushups, pull ups and dips.

Or 6-12 reps in the gym basic moves. You can still add some low rep training to get more strength in addition to muscle.
to be fair there are quite a few accessory lifts in the program as well. Curls, shrugs, something for tris etc. I just think its good to get this foundation before moving into BB only stuff

high reps for size right? im doin this for looks only idgaf about strength

mostly compound lifts 8-12 reps 3-4 sets per exercise if you want the most muscle growth (hyperthropy), throw in some accesories like curls extensions and shoulder lateral raises facepulls anything above is going more towards endurance, low reps heavy weight 3-5 reps for strength

mostly compound lifts 8-12 reps 3-4 sets per exercise if you want the most muscle growth (hyperthropy), throw in some accesories like curls extensions and shoulder lateral raises facepulls anything above is going more towards endurance, low reps heavy weight 3-5 reps for strength
low reps for size?

6-12 reps is ideal for maximal size.
The rep range doesn't actually matter, it's a myth that 6-12 reps is better. You can't separate strength and size as a natural unless you are an intermediate lifter doing 1 rep maxes (1RM).

The problem with high reps is that as a beginner who doesn't know proper form, it will be too difficult to maintain perfect form throughout high reps and with shit form, you'll make shit progress, which is why it's much better to use 3x5 or 5x5 instead of 3x12, and if you do lower volume, it's easier to recover from it so you can do it more frequently and make faster progress as a result since protein synthesis lasts only for 48 hours when you are not using steroids.

• Hmm...
Reactions: EckhartTollemaxx
Do jasnon blaha icf 5 * 5 2.0 for about 8 months eat spaghetti eggs chicken breast and rice and do that till you get up to 3500 calories

high reps for size right? im doin this for looks only idgaf about strength
Unless you take steroids, you'll never have a big chest if you can only bench 135 lbs, and it's the same with every other lift, so if you want to get really big, you'll have to become really strong too. And, you'll never see a skinny guy benching 315 lbs, or squatting 405 lbs or deadlifting 500 lbs, however you will see a lot of big guys who can only bench 135 lbs, and that is because they are on large amounts of drugs.

Do jasnon blaha icf 5 * 5 2.0 for about 8 months eat spaghetti eggs chicken breast and rice and do that till you get up to 3500 calories
2.0 isn't actually 5x5, it's 3x5 but it's better because 5x5 isn't doable after a certain point and on the version 2.0, the exercise selection and frequency is better, instead of wasting your time with shrugs, you'll do overhead press and bench press twice as much as before (so 3 times per week instead of 1.5 times per week), and since you're only doing 3 sets of 5, it will be easier to make progress so you won't stall as much.

That's why Blaha's ICF 2.0 is far better than his first version of the program (which was just a ripoff of Stronglifts with accessory lifts added to it).

The rep range doesn't actually matter, it's a myth that 6-12 reps is better. You can't separate strength and size as a natural unless you are an intermediate lifter doing 1 rep maxes (1RM).

The problem with high reps is that as a beginner who doesn't know proper form, it will be too difficult to maintain perfect form throughout high reps and with shit form, you'll make shit progress, which is why it's much better to use 3x5 or 5x5 instead of 3x12, and if you do lower volume, it's easier to recover from it so you can do it more frequently and make faster progress as a result since protein synthesis lasts only for 48 hours when you are not using steroids.
Pretty sure it doesn't work like that but you'll make some gains regardless, as a beginner it may not even matter really.

If it didn't matter then low reps would be superior in every way as high reps definitely don't build as much strength in my experience.

High reps and manual labor, tested bench press, got fucking 80kg. Then i did low reps and got to 100kg.

Same with squats, using leg strength all day at work but low 1rm, started doing low reps and got it much higher.

Some people have such good genetics or steroids that anything works for them but that isn't the norm.

Only faggots do 5*5

I also was one of these faggots

I used too much weight and injured myself
Just do 3 sets of 8-12 reps to start

TSqERUX
Lb5GgMsf4PFN 640x360

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: NeanderthalMax and sensen
2.0 isn't actually 5x5, it's 3x5 but it's better because 5x5 isn't doable after a certain point and on the version 2.0, the exercise selection and frequency is better, instead of wasting your time with shrugs, you'll do overhead press and bench press twice as much as before (so 3 times per week instead of 1.5 times per week), and since you're only doing 3 sets of 5, it will be easier to make progress so you won't stall as much.

That's why Blaha's ICF 2.0 is far better than his first version of the program (which was just a ripoff of Stronglifts with accessory lifts added to it).

Pretty sure it doesn't work like that but you'll make some gains regardless, as a beginner it may not even matter really.

If it didn't matter then low reps would be superior in every way as high reps definitely don't build as much strength in my experience.

High reps and manual labor, tested bench press, got fucking 80kg. Then i did low reps and got to 100kg.

Same with squats, using leg strength all day at work but low 1rm, started doing low reps and got it much higher.

Some people have such good genetics or steroids that anything works for them but that isn't the norm.
Yes, like I said, once you are intermediate (when linear progression ends), if you focus on 1 rep maxes, you'll focus mostly on strength. And if you only train the squat, bench and deadlift, then you're training specifically for powerlifting, since those are the only 3 lifts that powerlifters do in competitions.

But 3x5 or 5x5 are far better than 3x12 because the lower volume allows you to perform the same exercise more often and to do more exercises in the same workout without overtraining. Because the more reps you do for a given exercise, even with lower weight, the more your muscles will be tired.

My point is that, as long as you're not training 1RMs, if you put your muscles under the same amount of stress at 3x5 than you would at 3x12, then the result is the same, but only if you can maintain the same good form on all your reps. The reason why the best novice programs tend to be 3x5 or 5x5 and not 3x12 is because, the more reps you do, the more likely your form is to break down and get worse with each rep.

Also, you can't compare manual labor to doing squats, because when you do manual labor, you are mostly doing partials, you are not doing a max effort lift through full range of motion through a similar movement pattern so of course it requires much less strength doing manual labor than heavy squats, which is why the average construction worker is way less muscular than the average intermediate lifter (people who did 1 year of serious training). So what I said still stands, your manual labor didn't build a lot of strength but it didn't build a lot of muscle either because it's easy shit because you aren't carrying the most weight you can handle through the longest distances.

And yes, some people with good genetics can pack on lots of muscle mass without gaining a lot of strength but when they focus on becoming as strong as possible, they become even more muscular. My best friend is like that, he started training with wide lats, then his lats became extremely wide when he got strong at weighted chin ups and he became so muscular overall that my parents started to say that he was "too muscular" which doesn't make sense since he is a natural lifter. So even those outliers prove my point, a stronger muscle is a bigger muscle when you are a natural lifter.

• +1
Reactions: NeanderthalMax and EckhartTollemaxx
Download StrongLifts5x5 app, it’ll tell you everything. Only do it for 6 weeks I say. It’s a beginner program only

Download StrongLifts5x5 app, it’ll tell you everything. Only do it for 6 weeks I say. It’s a beginner program only
No, stronglifts 5x5 is a program that lasts 6-12 months or more depending on how well you train. Most people will take longer than 1 year because they don't know what they are doing. Every person who has not finished linear progression is still a beginner even if they have been going to the gym for over 10 years. Even though I started lifting in 2016, I am still a beginner, the difference is that I know how to train, and I have mastered perfect form on all the compound movements, but because of my low level of strength I am still a beginner.

Usually, linear progression ends at around a 135 lb overhead press, a 225 lb bench press, a 315 lb squat and a 405 lb deadlift (all for 5 reps) but it can be a bit more or a bit less than those numbers depending on your genetics. The vast majority of people in the gym are beginners, even the guys who are very muscular, that is because they used steroids to achieve their physique, but they didn't have access to their drugs, they would lose all their muscle mass really quickly because they cheated.

Only faggots do 5*5

I also was one of these faggots

I used too much weight and injured myself
Just do 3 sets of 8-12 reps to start
I like it at the beginning, if you dont go too hard you can really make solid strength gains and solid hypertrophy. Thats the issue though, looking at it like a powerlifting routine and getting hurt

That's a very old picture, Blaha doesn't look like that anymore, you should check his youtube channel, he is very strong and muscular, especially for a guy who is in his 40s:

View attachment 754152

Blaha memes are my favorite. I fuck with him, i dont care if everyone else hates him lol

OP. First of all, what is your goal with training?
Im assuming first of all it is to get girls, and at second to look more intimidating to them?

For the love of god dont follow people like jason Blaha. He has been in the gym for what, 5-10 years now? and looks like a subhuman who dont even lift.

So assuming you want the first your most important excercises are
OHP
Bench
Pullups
Curls and skullcrushers for arms

Skip leg day or do some light leg work like lunges. For the love of dont dont get caught in the squatting philosophy.

• +1
Reactions: NeanderthalMax
Whole body 2-3x a week. Keep the volume low in the beginning. Compound movements over isolation exercises.

OP. First of all, what is your goal with training?
Im assuming first of all it is to get girls, and at second to look more intimidating to them?

For the love of god dont follow people like jason Blaha. He has been in the gym for what, 5-10 years now? and looks like a subhuman who dont even lift.

So assuming you want the first your most important excercises are
OHP
Bench
Pullups
Curls and skullcrushers for arms

Skip leg day or do some light leg work like lunges. For the love of dont dont get caught in the squatting philosophy.
which of those exercises should i do on which days

which of those exercises should i do on which days
You can start with something like
Day 1
Bench press 5x5
Overhead press 3x8-12
Skull crushers 3x8-12
Lateral Raise 3x 15

Day 2
Pullups. If you cant do one, google exercises that can be replaced and build up to pullups, like negative pullups.
Barbel row/inverted row/dumbell row, any kind of row. Do 5x5
Farmers walk/rackpulls/shrugs (you can skip these if you want but it will build your upper traps and back for a more yoked and dominant look) 3x5
Bicep curls 3-4x8-12

Day 3 and 4 will be the same as day 1 and 2 but you can do slight adjustments like doing your overhead press first 5x5 and benchpress after 3x12
On these days you can also switch out the triceps variation with a pushdown instead of skull crushers.
If you wanna do a leg exercise, add it to day 3 and remove one of the back workouts. Do something light that wont kill your recovery like a bodyweight squat, lunges, reverse lunge,pistol squat or something.

This will build the most important muscles for pure aestethics. Deadlifts and squat are completely unnecessary for aestethics and will drain alot of energy from your upper body training.
Id also recommend adding leg raises( a super easy to do and probably the most effective ab exercise there is). You can simply do these on the offdays or structure them in to the end of your workout.

Compounds Compounds Compounds
Make sure to do Cardio