If you are abnormally short, and trying to increase height : You should check your TSH, T4 before doing anything

S

Slyfex8

Sphinx
TSH is the thyroid stimulating hormone which is correlated to the levels of T4: T4 is really important when it comes to the the RESPONSE to GH stimulation. It means if you have normal GH and abnormally low T4/T3 levels, you will likely end abnormally short. It's already unlikely for the TSH levels to be above 2 on the average individual and even more unlikely to be clinically defined as "hypothyroid" (TSH at like 5 and above which I'm not even at 3.7TSH).

Anyways, T4 is critically important for height and general developement and the higher is your TSH, the lower is your T4, the worst is your response to GH stimulation. IMO 3.7TSH is critically high for a growing individual and will definitely affect developement in a bad way, especially height.

So admitting you are currently trying to increase your height, you take a bloodtest and your TSH is at like 3 (Get also Free T4 levels checked if you can it's the ACTUAL factor implicated in GH response, but anyways if your TSH levels are high, you are supposed to have low T4, but anything is possible...)

So there is thyroid medications: Levothyroxine being the one mostly used, the actual goal behind taking Levothyroxine is to elevate your T4 levels, if your TSH is not above 5 it's unlikely that any doctor will prescribe you levothyroxine, but try. But you will likely need to get Levothyroxine on internet, it's a relatively cheap drug, like 10eur for 30 tablets I think a fair "blind dose" of levothyroxine for non-hyperthyroid elevated TSH patient should be 50MCG, it would definitely put your low T4 levels really higher and is really unlikely to fuck you up, if it does, reduce the dose or stop taking it.

Some studies showing increase in height velocity/catch-up growth in childrens,teenagers being hypothyroid/subclinical hypothyroid for years:

TLDR; HIGH T4 levels are important to have a great response to growth hormone, elevated TSH is the result of understimulated thyroid stimulating hormone which leads to LOW T4 levels and so a inefficient response to GH.

Anyone who try to increase height should put Levothyroxine at various dose into is routine ESPECIALLY if is TSH levels seems to be elevated without actuallt being considered as "hypothyroid".

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 15854, FreakkForLife and 8 others
im 20, it's over for me

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 1973, The giga incel and 1 other person
Any studies of this shit helping anyone grow who doesn't have hypothyroidism? Or are you pulling it from your ass buddy?

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22
Likely, the average tibial and femur growth plates are closed at this age.

They are entirely closed on average by 18.5 I think.
yeah i know, im not trying to looksmaxx anyway lol, just got bored of .co so i came to shitpost a little bit

• So Sad
Reactions: MentalistKebab
Any studies of this shit helping anyone grow who doesn't have hypothyroidism? Or are you pulling it from your ass buddy?

If your TSH levels are not elevated at all, taking this drug will not help at all.

But there is Hypothyroidism, and subclinical Hypothyroidism like I seems to have, the subclinical hypothyroidism is elevated TSH without obvious symptoms and likely not elevated enough to be prescribed on drugs by the average doctor.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
If your TSH levels are not elevated at all, taking this drug will not help at all.

But there is Hypothyroidism, and subclinical Hypothyroidism like I seems to have, the subclinical hypothyroidism is elevated TSH without obvious symptoms and likely not elevated enough to be prescribed on drugs by the average doctor.
My tsh is above average but my t4 is normal and despite having all the symptoms of hypo my endo said "it's not your thyroid". I had an ultrasound the other day so we'll see if it's hashimotos.

Tbh I just hope my growth wasnt fucked up. It probably was.

How did you get medication with subclinical hypo? Most doctors wouldnt give medication to teenagers without low t4 or evidence of hashimotos antibodies.

• +1
Reactions: Slyfex8
Slyfex, what if a person is 18 years old 5'2, big head, small body, & has hair on their legs and arms, can they grow from this?

• +1
How did you get medication with subclinical hypo? Most doctors wouldnt give medication to teenagers without low t4 or evidence of hashimotos antibodies.

Basically I bought a legit brand one on the darknet, Empire Market if you wonder, it's a good website TBH

I pay 10eur for 30tablets of levothyroxine and it's 10eur for the delivery in my country.

Slyfex, what if a person is 18 years old 5'2, big head, small body, & has hair on their legs and arms, can they grow from this?

As everoyone, I can't tell, I haven't did it myself but checking your legs growth plates could be a good idea?

I'm 5'6.5 on my own and at 5'2 I'm pretty sure you were growing with a strong disorder somewhere:
- HGH defiency?
- Hypothyroidism?

The good thing is that hypothyroidism is supposed to delay the growth plate closure, at 5'2 you can absolutely go to a doctor and get something prescribed depending of the disorder, and if your growth plates are open

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife, BigBoy and Deleted member 1973
Why havent you gone to the doctor yet? Youve been asking this question for a year.
Basically I bought a legit brand one on the darknet, Empire Market if you wonder, it's a good website TBH

I pay 10eur for 30tablets of levothyroxine and it's 10eur for the delivery in my country.

As everoyone, I can't tell, I haven't did it myself but checking your legs growth plates could be a good idea?

I'm 5'6.5 on my own and at 5'2 I'm pretty sure you were growing with a strong disorder somewhere:
- HGH defiency?
- Hypothyroidism?

The good thing is that hypothyroidism is supposed to delay the growth plate closure, at 5'2 you can absolutely go to a doctor and get something prescribed depending of the disorder, and if your growth plates are open
I have subclinical hypo and my doc won't give me levo. If youre tsh is 3.74 I highly doubt you have thyroid issues.

Did your endo check t4 t3 and antibodies? And those are out of wack there may be an issue.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Slyfex8 and Seppukucel
Why havent you gone to the doctor yet? Youve been asking this question for a year.

I have subclinical hypo and my doc won't give me levo. If youre tsh is 3.74 I highly doubt you have thyroid issues.

Did your endo check t4 t3 and antibodies? And those are out of wack there may be an issue.

I didn't, the TSH check was made on a routine bloodwork recently and I didn't get T4 T3, it's not really hypothyroidism tier yeah but it's like 97percentile high so it's still really high, it would be far from ideal for the GH released from the HGH peptides I will use soon. So I will try to take 50mcg Levothyroxine, already ordered, waiting for delivery.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
I didn't, the TSH check was made on a routine bloodwork recently and I didn't get T4 T3, it's not really hypothyroidism tier yeah but it's like 97percentile high so it's still really high, it would be far from ideal for the GH released from the HGH peptides I will use soon. So I will try to take 50mcg Levothyroxine, already ordered, waiting for delivery.
Besides short stature do you have other symptoms?

Besides short stature do you have other symptoms?

- Eyebrows thinner at the outer side
- Often cold
- Often I wake up after like 9-10h of sleep and I still feel a bit tired
- Opposite of being fat, bodyfat seems low.
- Gynecomastia (This one is more hyperthyroid but heard underactive thyroid can result in hyperproclatinemia and so gynecomastia)

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: RAITEIII, Deleted member 1973 and BigBoy
- Eyebrows thinner at the outer side
- Often cold
- Often I wake up after like 9-10h of sleep and I still feel a bit tired
- Opposite of being fat, bodyfat seems low.
- Gynecomastia (This one is more hyperthyroid but heard underactive thyroid can result in hyperproclatinemia and so gynecomastia)
Perhaps you do. Imo its unsafe to take it at this tsh level but I can't stop you.

To be 100% sure go to the doctors and order t4 t3 and hashimotos antibodies test. And if those are negative get an ultrasound to make sure you in fact have hypothyroid.

In 95% of people hypo is caused by hashimotos and the other amount is from iodine deficiency and tumors or failure of the pituatary gland.

Just want you to be safe. Imo either you dont have it or youre in the very very early stages of hashimotos.

• +1
Perhaps you do. Imo its unsafe to take it at this tsh level but I can't stop you.

To be 100% sure go to the doctors and order t4 t3 and hashimotos antibodies test. And if those are negative get an ultrasound to make sure you in fact have hypothyroid.

In 95% of people hypo is caused by hashimotos and the other amount is from iodine deficiency and tumors or failure of the pituatary gland.

Just want you to be safe. Imo either you dont have it or youre in the very very early stages of hashimotos.

It's not the safest thing ever for sure, it's not that dangerous either.

There is a Reddit for hypothyroid people, some doctor legit prescribe levothyroxine at my TSH, it's subclinical for some of them.

And if it come with bad effects, I will stop it

• +1
Parents won't let me :feelscry:

You parents are not even able to understand that 5'2 in height is like a TRUE short stature?

Life at that height is not life I feel to be the shortest man at 5'6 so I can't imagine at 5'2

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and Deleted member 1973
It's not the safest thing ever for sure, it's not that dangerous either.

There is a Reddit for hypothyroid people, some doctor legit prescribe levothyroxine at my TSH, it's subclinical for some of them.

And if it come with bad effects, I will stop it
Yea I browse there. I'm pretty sure I have hypothyroid but my t4 is upper limit of average and my antibodies are negative. I took an ultrasound the other day to see if I do have hypothyroid and I'm waiting for the results.

Idk what it is if its not hypo. I have 100% of all the symptoms yet no? I'm scared what my condition actually is if I don't have hypothyroid...

• +1
Yea I browse there. I'm pretty sure I have hypothyroid but my t4 is upper limit of average and my antibodies are negative. I took an ultrasound the other day to see if I do have hypothyroid and I'm waiting for the results.

Idk what it is if its not hypo. I have 100% of all the symptoms yet no? I'm scared what my condition actually is if I don't have hypothyroid...

Keep checking for it, smells like it could be early Hashimoto's disease, this disease is not the end of the world tbh, you can treat it orally unlike type 1 diabete where you need subq injection.

• +1
I only grew like barely over 5 inches throughout my puberty and only got armpit hair at 17 almost turning 18 and I barely have any inner thigh hair at 18 turning 19, could this be a reason?

• +1
I only grew like barely over 5 inches throughout my puberty and only got armpit hair at 17 almost turning 18 and I barely have any inner thigh hair at 18 turning 19, could this be a reason?

I know hypothyroidism is a known reason for a slow, delayed puberty, it could be the cause.

But anyways on your side you are sure you have ways to grow, you seems to be at early puberty at most, go to a doctor, take the right blood tests.

• +1
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd
I know hypothyroidism is a known reason for a slow, delayed puberty, it could be the cause.

But anyways on your side you are sure you have ways to grow, you seems to be at early puberty at most, go to a doctor, take the right blood tests.
Yea I measured my ulna and it says I'm supposed to be like 5'11.6 or something. I also have big head, large hands and feet, and 6'0.25 wingspan, something seems off (I'm only 5'6.64)

Yea I measured my ulna and it says I'm supposed to be like 5'11.6 or something. I also have big head, large hands and feet, and 6'0.25 wingspan, something seems off (I'm only 5'6.64)

I'm definitely more advanced in puberty than you, I am hairy enough since a long time and I look just my age (17).

But the big head is checked for me (More than one people said I have a big looking skull), the feet thing is kinda checked also (42EU for 5'6). I have small hands.

I'm definitely more advanced in puberty than you, I am hairy enough since a long time and I look just my age (17).

But the big head is checked for me (More than one people said I have a big looking skull), the feet thing is kinda checked also (42EU for 5'6). I have small hands.
I'm 44.5-45 eu shoe size

• +1
It's 10.5-11 men's size in US, and no I started puberty at a normal age (13) seems that my puberty is just very slow.

One solution is just to be patient
A second solution is to see with your doctor to speed up everything depending on the cause

One solution is just to be patient
A second solution is to see with your doctor to speed up everything depending on the cause
Too bad I can't do shit RN cuz of lockdown. I've just been pondering about shit, all I wanna do is take ai, growth peptides, etc knowing that I'm not wasting my money.

Should I still take this if I don’t know my levels? I buy shit off of empire aswell and have some extra coins in there . Btw go in the search bar and look for hgh, in one of the pages there’s a kit for like $80 I’m gonna cop jfl what do you think @ the price point?

Is this an example of someone with thyroid issues?
70741 2764172c8fefeb7d97c2c2b176963478

Could also just be a big forhead because it is what it is

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
update? did you grow taller? i had 3.3 tsh last time checked. lm gonna get check again soon and hopefully get prescribed levo coz its hard to order drugs online in cuckstralia. do you think theres a way i can artificially increase tsh and reduce t3, like fasting maybe etc? i legit i reckon i have it, cold hands, long time to fall asleep, dry lips, focus etc, i got symptoms of hypo

maybe if i wear less clothes and try to be cold when getting the blood test? im always cold bro:feelswah:, i need more tyroid

Hi i know its been long since this post but have you grown from this? And how long do you have to be on t4 and what happens when you stop taking it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back