If you are doing intermittent fasting with little to no success...

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
You should stop. If it works for you, keep going, this is only for people who have been doing it and it’s not giving them successful fat loss.

I’ve been doing intermittent fasting for a while now and all I’ve done is just yo-yo up and down in weight and always feel hungry. It’s just cycles of starvation and binge eating.

It just occurred to me recently that all the times I’ve been lean in my life I’ve been eating regularly throughout the day.

This is what you want to do:
- Obviously still stay in a caloric deficit.
- Eat low calorie density meals spread throughout the day, like 3-6 meals.
- Eat a balanced diet; don’t restrict carbs, fats, or anything like that. Have sufficient protein in each meal.
- If you drank coffee while fasting then you can keep doing that.
- The most helpful thing though is to eat BEFORE you’re hungry, because if you’re very hungry it’s already too late. As Greg Doucette puts it “Ghrelin is punching you in the face” and you will not want to stop eating.

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
Just do it naturally when you’re skint or cba to cook

just water fast 2-3 days a week and eat in slight caloric deficit on the other days

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab
just water fast 2-3 days a week and eat in slight caloric deficit on the other days
Works for some but not for others who will just go on a huge binge.

Works for some but not for others who will just go on a huge binge.
Nothing will work for anyone if they're a pussy that can't stick to a plan jfl

Regular eating is a plan, don’t be a dumbass. Majority of physique competitors eat through out the day.

Some people do well with fasting while others do well with regular meals. The point is that don’t force yourself to do fasting just because it’s the current trend, listen to your body.

I have done IF for an extended period of time and I lost about 20-30lbs and my QoL has gotten a lot better, you have to stick to it for some time though, I did it for about 3 months during the summer and then tried keto, but never got into it

• +1
Reactions: ropeorcope
My first two weeks of IF, i lost 4kg. As long as you consistent and not over eat, it'll works.
Better if you can workout on fasting time and eat less carb. First meal should never mix carb with fat.
Easier to control BF when fasting than regular "lean meal" method for me.

Regular eating is a plan, don’t be a dumbass. Majority of physique competitors eat through out the day.

Some people do well with fasting while others do well with regular meals. The point is that don’t force yourself to do fasting just because it’s the current trend, listen to your body.

If you are in a caloric deficit your body will tell you to eat. If all you do is listen to your body and give in to every urge you aren't going to achieve anything.

It doesn't matter what you do whether it's intermittent fasting, low calorie meals, water fasting etc, at the end of the day you lose weight by burning more calories than you consume. If you're always comfortable that means you're not making much progress. Caloric deficit works for everyone, and you will always have to resist urges and be uncomfortable to achieve it.

My first two weeks of IF, i lost 4kg. As long as you consistent and not over eat, it'll works.
Better if you can workout on fasting time and eat less carb. First meal should never mix carb with fat.
Easier to control BF when fasting than regular "lean meal" method for me.
This means fasting works for you then, nice keep going.

• +1
Reactions: Magnesium
If you are in a caloric deficit your body will tell you to eat. If all you do is listen to your body and give in to every urge you aren't going to achieve anything.

It doesn't matter what you do whether it's intermittent fasting, low calorie meals, water fasting etc, at the end of the day you lose weight by burning more calories than you consume. If you're always comfortable that means you're not making much progress. Caloric deficit works for everyone, and you will always have to resist urges and be uncomfortable to achieve it.
Again completely missing my point, calorie deficit is the goal which NEEDS to be hit, I’m only talking about the means of accomplishing it.

Fasting works for some, Keto works for some, Atkins works for some, regular meals works for some; everyone is different.

Yeah sure dieting gets tough but making it tough on purpose isn’t the way, find the best way of achieving a caloric deficit for YOU. I’m not telling anyone to stop fasting if it works for them.

Since I’ve started eating low calorie dense meals regularly i’m not hungry like I was when fasting and also able to eat less calories.

I have been doing omad for two years now.
I lost alot of weight at first.
But then it just stood still for a while and even put on weight(not muscle)
If I try to just eat every other day I will be so hungry the other day that I have trouble falling asleep, and then I dream of food and wake up desperate to eat and then go to a buffet and binge.

I think rotting might be worse than fasting though

After all it's just another tool to help achieve a caloric deficit, which is what is truly necessary for fat loss.

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
I have been doing omad for two years now.
I lost alot of weight at first.
But then it just stood still for a while and even put on weight(not muscle)
If I try to just eat every other day I will be so hungry the other day that I have trouble falling asleep, and then I dream of food and wake up desperate to eat and then go to a buffet and binge.

I think rotting might be worse than fasting though
This thread is directed at people like you, fasting isn’t right for you.

I never understood why would you go for meme diets, you should learn from the best and do what bodybuilders do to lose weight.
Fasting is for monks and new age cucks, both celibates doing no physical labour or exercise and with wretched bodies.

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
Just go on hardcore fap mode like 5 times a day while intermittent fasting