If you want to increase HGH and lose fat, just fast

Carnivore

Carnivore

Mistral
https://www.dietdoctor.com/fasting-and-growth-hormone

Increases HGH secretion by a lot, decreases insulin, glucose levels, and is apparently more muscle sparring than daily caloric restriction.

No bloat or other side-effects like with HGH peptides.

I'm going to do some fasting soon. Will give feedback on the results.

It might help you eat fewer calories and that's where the "benefits" end. Fasting isn't some miracle that will increase your GH levels significantly to the point where it affects fat loss or muscle building

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers
It might help you eat fewer calories and that's where the "benefits" end. Fasting isn't some miracle that will increase your GH levels significantly to the point where it affects fat loss or muscle building
It does increase it significantly, though. There are way more benefits than just caloric restriction, read the article. The only problem is that you can't really fast everyday unless you're a fat fuck.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/fasting-and-growth-hormone

Increases HGH secretion by a lot, decreases insulin, glucose levels, and is apparently more muscle sparring than daily caloric restriction.

No bloat or other side-effects like with HGH peptides.

I'm going to do some fasting soon. Will give feedback on the results.
I'm doing fasting and it's great for autophagous purposes but eventually a spike in insulin is needed for protein synthesis. Insulin isn't just needed for storing glycogen. It's the most effective way of triggering protein synthesis through mTORC1 activation which'll eventually occur once ribosomal protein S6 is phosphoralated.

Leucine and Arginine can activate mTORC1 in unique ways without activating mTORC2 but consuming them will just cause insulin secretion anyways. The best approach to natty bodybuilding is deliberately activating mTORC1 when needed and deactivating it by fasting, causing autophagy, momentarily stopping insulin secretion and lowering blood glucose levels to put your body in a state where it can work on cell repair, protein recycling and fat burning.

It's the closest we've got to promoting selective muscle anabolism and fat catabolism (burning) at once, which unfortunately just isn't possible for nattys.

• +1
Reactions: Kill_Jew and CupOfCoffee
I'm doing fasting and it's great for autophagous purposes but eventually a spike in insulin is needed for protein synthesis. Insulin isn't just needed for storing glycogen. It's the most effective way of triggering protein synthesis through mTORC1 activation which'll eventually occur once ribosomal protein S6 is phosphoralated.

Leucine and Arginine can activate mTORC1 in unique ways without activating mTORC2 but consuming them will just cause insulin secretion anyways. The best approach to natty bodybuilding is deliberately activating mTORC1 when needed and deactivating it by fasting, causing autophagy, momentarily stopping insulin secretion and lowering blood glucose levels to put your body in a state where it can work on cell repair, protein recycling and fat burning.

It's the closest we've got to promoting selective muscle anabolism and fat catabolism (burning) at once, which unfortunately just isn't possible for nattys.
I fast for 23 hours everyday right now, but I wouldn't really call it true fasting, as you don't really get most of the benefits of fasting other than insulin and glucose control. 48+ hours is needed for a high enough spike in HGH and for autophagy to happen.

fasting's the way. Lost over 50 lbs in total

• +1
Reactions: left2die
Nice.

You doing prolonged fasting or intermittent? What's the longest you've fasted for?
intermittent. Typically fast for 24 hours, sometimes 48 hours so I guess that's the longest

intermittent. Typically fast for 24 hours, sometimes 48 hours so I guess that's the longest
Nice. It truly is the way to go. Eating multiple times a day just raises insulin and blood sugar, which increases hunger, and you're teaching your body to be hungry multiple times a day instead once.

48+ hours is needed for a high enough spike in HGH and for autophagy to happen.
A normal person could do a 48-72 hour fast once a month to get that effect on GH and autophagy. Alternatively they could just MK677 brah

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
A normal person could do a 48-72 hour fast once a month to get that effect on GH and autophagy. Alternatively they could just MK677 brah
A 72 hour fast once a month would be optimal for health.

Anyone wants to water fast for 4 days to look good this summer? Starting mine tomorrow

Anyone wants to water fast for 4 days to look good this summer? Starting mine tomorrow
4 days to look good? Not gonna happen

I'll probably do a 3-4 day fast before my vacation.

Can make a huge diff if already fairly low bf
Yeah. You probably don't want to do it if you're sub 10% bf, though. The less fat you have on your body, the more catabolic fasting becomes.

Yeah. You probably don't want to do it if you're sub 10% bf, though. The less fat you have on your body, the more catabolic fasting becomes.
And the more you'll feel like shit and crash your hormones

Fasting actually improves hormonal balance, though.
Not if you're actually lean (sub 10%). Then you'll raise cortisol, lose hair and kill your dick probably

Fasting actually improves hormonal balance, though.

Do a dry fast.
I usually mix my water with potassium so it ends up being flushed out anyways

didn't understand a single word

• JFL
Reactions: AspiringChad

people routinely manage to build muscle mass and lose fat mass at the same time in weight loss studies where the participants do heavy resistance training. I dont know why this is treated as the holy grail, or why is it is believed that this requires steroids to take place, because it happens even in soccer moms. Unless you are talking about something else.

people routinely manage to build muscle mass and lose fat mass at the same time in weight loss studies where the participants do heavy resistance training. I dont know why this is treated as the holy grail, or why is it is believed that this requires steroids to take place, because it happens even in soccer moms. Unless you are talking about something else.
Recomposition to an extent is possible especially in overweight people. But it's just not possible to lose fat and build new muscle at the same time when you're already in very good shape. Tren+Clen opens new possibilities.

With fasting we're not even trying to force both at the same time. We're just trying to find a better anabolic/catabolic balance where we can break down fat and build muscle as optimally as possible. It's bloody hard to find this balance though...

Currently fasting 21-23h a day and eating within a 2-4h window. Weight training and cardio in the morning on Yohimbine fasted.

can be difficult without coffee with school or job. Adderall is a blessing if you have it & want to go for this.

can be difficult without coffee with school or job. Adderall is a blessing if you have it & want to go for this.
I have everything besides adderall haha

• JFL
Reactions: Lux
Currently fasting 21-23h a day and eating within a 2-4h window. Weight training and cardio in the morning on Yohimbine fasted.
How do you manage hunger boyo? Is your body already adapted to fasting for almost entire day? Was is hard at the beginning?

It nukes ur thyroid hormones

Coming from a guy who’s forced to fast

• +1
Reactions: SikKunt
How do you manage hunger boyo? Is your body already adapted to fasting for almost entire day? Was is hard at the beginning?
I guess the methylphenidate helps. Yeah you need to adapt, it's not easy initially

fasting is legit

It nukes ur thyroid hormones

Coming from a guy who’s forced to fast
Your thyroid recovers after the fast. It could help your thyroid function in the long term by reducing inflammation.
When you fast you're in a super deep state of ketosis, which is extremely appetite suppressing. If you become fat adapted and train yourself to fast for longer periods, you'll probably feel less hungry than on a regular diet where you eat multiple times a day and consume carbs.