I'm getting my palate expander tomorrow

BornAgainChad

BornAgainChad

Sexy incel
I'm going to start expanding my maxilla outwards and forwards, combined with facepulling.

Most people aim for an oval arch, but I'm aiming for the square shape because I'm brachycephalic and a square shape would likely produce a hollow-cheek effect.

I honestly can't wait to start expanding my maxilla. If I have great success I'll make sure to document my facial changes.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, ChaddeusPeuterschmit, Lorsss and 2 others
You wont get forward grow buddy boyo & you wont be able to mew with those braces

• JFL
Reactions: LM4sixten
You wont get forward grow buddy boyo & you wont be able to mew with those braces
Palate expansion does what mewing does 100 times faster. It's similar to using gear as opposed to lifting natty, only for your face.

You can also get forward growth by combining palate expansion with facepulling.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, LM4sixten, AspiringChad and 1 other person
Palate expansion does what mewing does 100 times faster. It's similar to using gear as opposed to lifting natty, only for your face.

You can also get forward growth by combining palate expansion with facepulling.

Bro I know about that shit since 4 years. It is indeed able to widen your upper palate by 10mm within 1 month easily but it won't stay like that. After a few months it will narrow down again. That's why removable braces are recommended. You will eventually have to wear it your lifetime.

& facepulling will fuck up your teeth, if you wanna risk it, go for it but there is no way back if you fuck it up

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
Bro I know about that shit since 4 years. It is indeed able to widen your upper palate by 10mm within 1 month easily but it won't stay like that. After a few months it will narrow down again. That's why removable braces are recommended. You will eventually have to wear it your lifetime.

& facepulling will fuck up your teeth, if you wanna risk it, go for it but there is no way back if you fuck it up
That's called a relapse, and it happens when someone doesn't maintain the proper posture to support the new expansion, or takes out the device prematurely. Ideally keeping the device in for several months after completing expansion prevents this from happening, but mewing works too. The bone has to grow to close the sutures and maintain the palate size.

Facepulling does work, but people fuck up their teeth because they improperly do it and cause dental tipping instead of bone movement.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, manlet cUnt and Phad
That's called a relapse, and it happens when someone doesn't maintain the proper posture to support the new expansion, or takes out the device prematurely. Ideally keeping the device in for several months after completing expansion prevents this from happening, but mewing works too. The bone has to grow to close the sutures and maintain the palate size.

Facepulling does work, but people fuck up their teeth because they improperly do it and cause dental tipping instead of bone movement.

>That's called a relapse, and it happens when someone doesn't maintain the proper posture to support the new expansion
You might be able to maintain a 5mm palatal increase with your tongue posture but you wont be able to maintain more.
After 18, mewing will max. widen your palate by 3 mm but thats it, so it's a pretty long and slow process. You will 90% not be able to maintain that width but nvm.
Gl

>Facepulling does work, but people fuck up their teeth because they improperly do it and cause dental tipping instead of bone movement.
Good luck here as well, I guess

• +1
Reactions: BornAgainChad
>That's called a relapse, and it happens when someone doesn't maintain the proper posture to support the new expansion
You might be able to maintain a 5mm palatal increase with your tongue posture but you wont be able to maintain more.
After 18, mewing will max. widen your palate by 3 mm but thats it, so it's a pretty long and slow process. You will 90% not be able to maintain that width but nvm.
Gl

>Facepulling does work, but people fuck up their teeth because they improperly do it and cause dental tipping instead of bone movement.
Tbh mewing is almost no different than using an expander, only it's way slower and more controlled. A recessed mandible with crowded teeth isn't genetic. You can expand much more than 5mm, especially if you're recessed.

There is really no limit to what age you can change your bone structure, especially your facial bones. Palatial expansion is slower in adults than children or teenagers, but still possible. Remember wolff's law.

I'm making myself the guinea pig anyway so it doesn't matter. If I can prove that it's possible to turn a shitty recessed jaw into a God-tier one, then that would be awesome for you guys too because it could eliminate inceldom.

Oh yeah, I meant to say that I'm ordering my palate expander tomorrow, not receiving it sadly. :feelsree::feelsree:

Last edited:
Tbh mewing is almost no different than using an expander, only it's way slower and more controlled. A recessed mandible with crowded teeth isn't genetic. You can expand much more than 5mm, especially if you're recessed.

There is really no limit to what age you can change your bone structure, especially your facial bones. Palatial expansion is slower in adults than children or teenagers, but still possible. Remember wolff's law.

I'm making myself the guinea pig anyway so it doesn't matter. If I can prove that it's possible to turn a shitty recessed jaw into a God-tier one, then that would be awesome for you guys too because it could eliminate inceldom.

Oh yeah, I meant to say that I'm ordering my palate expander tomorrow, not receiving it sadly. :feelsree::feelsree:
So you are fixing your recessed chin/mandible by expanding your upper and lower arches yes? If so definitely keep us posted cos I’m interested

• +1
So you are fixing your recessed chin/mandible by expanding your upper and lower arches yes? If so definitely keep us posted cos I’m interested
Yes, that's what I'm aiming to do. I'll document my changes with pictures and post my facial changes along the way.

Did you buy your expander in Europe OP?

Gl

Where did you hear that from? Ive seen adults grow well past 3mm which is basically nothing.

• +1
No, it's gonna be a removable acrylic expander bought online.

It's a dental shop based in Germany, so yes.
Could you send a link pls? I'm interested

Yes, that's what I'm aiming to do. I'll document my changes with pictures and post my facial changes along the way.
Take pictures in same lighting And with same posture please cause otherwise there is always doubt whether the gains are real. Waiting for your progress pics, Good luck

• +1
Which one are you buying? And will you be wearing it 24/7?
I'm planning on getting a 4-way expander because I have crowded front teeth and want to change my arch shape.

It really depends on if I'll be wearing it 24/7, you can choose to only wear it overnight but expansion will be a little slower. I'll probably be wearing both headgear and the palate expander overnight.

Take pictures in same lighting And with same posture please cause otherwise there is always doubt whether the gains are real. Waiting for your progress pics, Good luck
It'll be several months from now, but yeah, I'll do my very best to take pictures under the same exact conditions. Posture, lighting, and everything else.

• +1
Reactions: AyWiz
I'm planning on getting a 4-way expander because I have crowded front teeth and want to change my arch shape.

It really depends on if I'll be wearing it 24/7, you can choose to only wear it overnight but expansion will be a little slower. I'll probably be wearing both headgear and the palate expander overnight.

It'll be several months from now, but yeah, I'll do my very best to take pictures under the same exact conditions. Posture, lighting, and everything else.

https://www.bracesshop.net/en/clear-retainers-and-fake-braces/32/palatinal-expander?number=0208.1

This one I guess or?

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMaxxer and BornAgainChad
I did it boyos, I bought my palate expander. Now I will wait at least a three weeks to receive it.

My palate is actually more subhuman than I thought. I properly measured it and it's about 35mm. My tounge is huge though, so it makes mewing even harder.

That's why I got the simple acrylic expander that only expands outwards. I don't know about facial protraction yet, but I do know that my palate needs to be widened for sure. Hopefully the widening allows for forward growth, too.

• +1
Reactions: androidcel and BornAgainChad
I did it boyos, I bought my palate expander. Now I will wait at least a three weeks to receive it.

My palate is actually more subhuman than I thought. I properly measured it and it's about 35mm. My tounge is huge though, so it makes mewing even harder.

That's why I got the simple acrylic expander that only expands outwards. I don't know about facial protraction yet, but I do know that my palate needs to be widened for sure. Hopefully the widening allows for forward growth, too.
Why didn’t you buy a myobrace which forces you to mew in sleep?

Shouldn't you get one at the orthodontist rather than just buying it online tho, it should fit well and so on.

I have an orthodontic palate expander and my face didn't change much, the only thing I feel like changed is the distance between my eyes. It didn't change forward growth noticeably.

i'm a 14y boy with braces for a small overbite, do you think this is the best for me ? https://www.bracesshop.net/en/clear-retainers-and-fake-braces/32/palatinal-expander?number=0208.3 what the heck is "headgear tubes" ?
I'm not a medical practitioner, but if you have problems with crowded teeth or just a narrow looking face in general, then yes, this one should work for you.

I'd recommend the acrylic one over the one you listed though, because you get more skull movements over dental movements, but this one works too.

Headgear tubes are attachments to the wire frame of the appliance to allow it to be attached to external headgear.

I have an orthodontic palate expander and my face didn't change much, the only thing I feel like changed is the distance between my eyes. It didn't change forward growth noticeably.
That's quite normal if you just use a palate expander. To get 3D forward growth to your face you either have to mew or use reverse headgear with the palate expander.

Did you ask him to get the expander or was it his idea?

I need wider eyes tbh

Shouldn't you get one at the orthodontist rather than just buying it online tho, it should fit well and so on.
Yes, you should if possible. Just keep in mind that it costs far more. Also, this website provides you with a dental cast so that they can make it fit to your mouth, so fitting really isn't an issue.

The only thing you don't get from buying online and doing it yourself is consultance from a professional.

I need wider eyes tbh
It should make almost everything wider, so if you have a long narrow horse face a palate expander will improve your appearance by far.

• +1
Reactions: theropeking
Yes, you should if possible. Just keep in mind that it costs far more. Also, this website provides you with a dental cast so that they can make it fit to your mouth, so fitting really isn't an issue.

The only thing you don't get from buying online and doing it yourself is consultance from a professional.

It should make almost everything wider, so if you have a long narrow horse face a palate expander will improve your appearance by far.

Do you think any orthodoc would give that appliance or dont they sell it to people that want the expander for aesthetically purposes? I dont want to buy it online

I need wider eyes tbh
Her idea. I needed one because I had crossbite and there wasn't enough space for my teeth. I didn't adjust the palate expander for a long time though. I only had to rotate it for like 3 or 4 weeks.

Do you think any orthodoc would give that appliance or dont they sell it to people that want the expander for aesthetically purposes? I dont want to buy it online
You'll probably have to find that out yourself with whatever local orthodoc in your area, but they should let you have a palate expander regardless of your reason. They wouldn't want to miss out on potentially making money, so rejecting you just because you want to do it for aesthetic reasons would be stupid.

Big update boyos.

I finally got it to ship. As it turns out, there was an error in the payment process. I contacted them about the order and they responded fast. So I made a new order and it looks like it's shipping. I'm honestly very excited.

I might have to stop doing my manual routine, because honestly stopping what I'm doing and pulling my own mouth every hour is getting really old fast. I also want my palate expander to fit perfectly when I receive it.

• +1
Reactions: normcore
Will it give you any forward facial growth?

Will it give you any forward facial growth?
Alone? No, hardly any. But if I use it with headgear, yes.

It will also give me more room to mew, and I would get forward growth that way.

A few questions:

1) Can you update on your progress in this thread on regular basis?

2) Which belt pulling / face pulling method are you using? Can you link to detailed guide?

3) Why not just opt in for having a professional do MSE (maxillary skeletal expansion) + Facemask (face pulling)?

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides
update bro

pics

Justthewayyouare has done some brutal takedowns of mewing that I’ve read. Anyways, when I see gunson I’ll ask him about expanding my palate

Hollow cheeks are a meme. Just have bulging zygos and you're fit.

Hollow cheeks are only a good look in movies, which makes them share a podium with pale skin snd emo hair.

In real life girls want tanned, healthy looking boys. No hollow cheeks, no aspie haircut.

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt and OCDMaxxing
I'm going to start expanding my maxilla outwards and forwards, combined with facepulling.

Most people aim for an oval arch, but I'm aiming for the square shape because I'm brachycephalic and a square shape would likely produce a hollow-cheek effect.

I honestly can't wait to start expanding my maxilla. If I have great success I'll make sure to document my facial changes.

Hey I wish you the best! I do not know anything about palate expansion. I’m new to looksmaxxing but I know the basics... I hope this helps you ascend. :)