Implant materials and infection. What material should I go for?

Deleted member 399

Deleted member 399

White Worshiping Eugenicist Curry Scum
Implants made of silicone and medpor have a high risk of infection. Medpor in particular is difficult to remove because of rapid ingrowth. Also, there is a risk of bone erosion underneath the implant.

Because of these limitations, I am thinking of other materials like bioglass, PEEK and titanium (expensive). What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Sure, but we can't just rely on doctors. You have to do your own research and take responsibility.
This really isn't the best place for that lol. consult multiple surgeons and that will give u a good idea of what needs to be done

Sure, but we can't just rely on doctors. You have to do your own research and take responsibility.
If your own research is asking strangers on a dodgy internet forum then you might aswell just flip a coin.

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
If your own research is asking strangers on a dodgy internet forum then you might aswell just flip a coin.
Clint eastwood laugh

No my research is much more than asking people, though that is a part of it. I like to read about people's experiences; gives me a realistic view of what to expect. I also read studies, blogs and press releases.

• +1
Reactions: Nobody96
important thread
important thread

Go to realself maybe?