in doubt: trust lookisk/looksmax etc or your surgeon

I

Imonlyhere

Bronze
when in doubt would you question an surgeons opinion you don’t agree with based on your “internet knowledge”.

i’m wondering how many people do more then just put out theories (which is amazing love reading it) but it kinda makes you very insecure.

also that whole subhuman to subhuman thing. it’s been tossed around a lot but rarely related to a surgery outcome. and if it was mostly just a simple surgery without the intent to looksmax and not a whole lot.

i’m basicly wondering if you should trust the jnformation on this side or your surgeon

there are valid points for each and i’d really like to know your take on it

especially the fact that most users on lookism just talk and never get anything done or even visit a surgeon confuses me

especially the fact that most users on lookism just talk and never get anything done or even visit a surgeon confuses me

The cost can prevent some people from getting the surgeries they'd like

The cost can prevent some people from getting the surgeries they'd like
I think he's talking about consulting the surgeon, most people don't even do that.

I suppose there's the potential bias that the surgeon has

Depends what kind of a surgeon as well. Maxfac might not care about looks as much as a plastic surgeon.

But really you should look at his before / after pics and see for yourself. Also he should be aware that you are doing the surgery for cosmetic reasons

I suppose there's the potential bias that the surgeon has
Do you mean that the surgeon will tell you to get unnecessary surgeries in order to make more money? I doubt the top level surgeons like eppley would do that.

Do you mean that the surgeon will tell you to get unnecessary surgeries in order to make more money?

No, but obviously there is bias on their part. They have an incentive to lean towards a certain route, if you catch my drift

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 281
No, but obviously there is bias on their part. They have an incentive to lean towards a certain route, if you catch my drift
That's why doing your homework before you get anything done is very important.

A lot of people don't even know what they're talking about. I've actually talked SO much to Barry Eppley that he really hates me but I've learned a lot from him so I'm fine. He's a bit of a narcissist and can get arrogant but I don't really care. I've felt that way about a lot of people who have turned out to do great things for me.

I don't know why incels idolize him when he thinks half the shit they say ie osteotemies are better than implants because they're "more natural" (you have a fucking bone DEFICIENCY, moving it around won't make a difference) is fucking stupid. You can clockwise counter clockwise sideways backwards rotate a mandible but it will make an unsatisfying result every time because the mandible itself is small and undergrown

• +1
Reactions: Imonlyhere
A lot of people don't even know what they're talking about. I've actually talked SO much to Barry Eppley that he really hates me but I've learned a lot from him so I'm fine. He's a bit of a narcissist and can get arrogant but I don't really care. I've felt that way about a lot of people who have turned out to do great things for me.

I don't know why incels idolize him when he thinks half the shit they say ie osteotemies are better than implants because they're "more natural" (you have a fucking bone DEFICIENCY, moving it around won't make a difference) is fucking stupid. You can clockwise counter clockwise sideways backwards rotate a mandible but it will make an unsatisfying result every time because the mandible itself is small and undergrown
plastic is always better and less risky, you can get custom implants and look exactly like your morphs, if you dont like it you still have an option to remove them, unlike moving your actual bones, genioplasty is the only good bone moving surgery for cosmetic reasons

Surgeon dude. People on lookism act like retards sometimes telling you to get Lefort for everything. Do your research and then talk to the surgeon. Go to a surgeon who is redpilled/blackpilled and cares about aesthetics. I am getting a BSSO for my Underbite next week and people on lookism all wanted me to get Lefort 1 for the forward growth, JFL

• +1
Reactions: Future Arablite, TakaRyo and Imonlyhere
thanks for your answers everyone.
that cheered me up actually.
And yeah about the bimax, it’s about the angles for me. Angle fixing shouldn’t/cant be done with implants, right?
(Like correcting downward growth etc)

@TakaRyo can I dm you a question?
my surgeon told me my face is convex, and I see that, most of my features are downward tilted. Would it make sense to rotate it in a favourable way for the implants? That sounds like a good idea.

• +1
Reactions: TakaRyo
when in doubt would you question an surgeons opinion you don’t agree with based on your “internet knowledge”.

i’m wondering how many people do more then just put out theories (which is amazing love reading it) but it kinda makes you very insecure.

also that whole subhuman to subhuman thing. it’s been tossed around a lot but rarely related to a surgery outcome. and if it was mostly just a simple surgery without the intent to looksmax and not a whole lot.

i’m basicly wondering if you should trust the jnformation on this side or your surgeon

there are valid points for each and i’d really like to know your take on it

Obviously a highly qualified surgeon.

thanks for your answers everyone.
that cheered me up actually.
And yeah about the bimax, it’s about the angles for me. Angle fixing shouldn’t/cant be done with implants, right?
(Like correcting downward growth etc)

@TakaRyo can I dm you a question?
my surgeon told me my face is convex, and I see that, most of my features are downward tilted. Would it make sense to rotate it in a favourable way for the implants? That sounds like a good idea.

Yes, that would make sense. But you have to make sure that you are getting them rotated properly and just know you will not get any great augmentation sans implants

not a great augmentation you mean? so what is realistic in terms of cheekbone implants/under eye implants?