In my opinion orthos who "treat" overbite and recessed mandible with braces should be arrested

itsover4me

itsover4me

Iron
That's a crime and it ruins lives. There are only two forms of treatment: surgery or orthopedic appliance in kids.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4887, Boldandbeautiful, Deleted member 10709 and 1 other person
I'm pretty sure braces only correct teeth alignment so if you have a skeletal overbite they're not gonna do shit on their own

you can ask for an invisalign mold that actually helps your jaw and teeth but i think its kindof expensive

I'm pretty sure braces only correct teeth alignment so if you have a skeletal overbite they're not gonna do shit on their own
He means with elastics. They pull the top teeth back to line up with the bottom teeth.

He means with elastics. They pull the top teeth back to line up with the bottom teeth.
even then I'm not sure if it really has a significant negative impact visually

but ye a lot of people should probably get surgery anyway

If anyone is thinking of going er, make sure you include your local 'braces only' orthos in the hitlist.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
even then I'm not sure if it really has a significant negative impact visually

but ye a lot of people should probably get surgery anyway
Yeah, could be cope tbf. I have a bit of an overbite and I'm not taking my chances with braces. If worst case happens and nothing gets done I've still got decent forward growth and any lower jaw recession is not noticeable in motion.