Indoor tanning, sun light, supplements or self-tanner?

Deleted member 7098

Deleted member 7098

-
I was just browsing a thread talking about how to improve skin color and get rid of pale ass skin.

The only ways discussed were supplements or normal sunlight, even though i've read multiple studies saying there's no significantly higher risk associated with indoor tanning compared to normal sunlight. i get it, both increase skin cancer rates, the whither you are the the more.

Does really no one go to tanning salons? from what i know if you stay under 50hours per year the increased risk is minimal and if you properly moisturise afterwards it isn't all that bad.
What routes do you take when skin-maxing?

i eat some carrots (4-6) per day and sometimes some other food with beta carotene in it.
Before going into the sun you should exfoliate and then put on a spf 50. i wouldn't stay longer then 45 minutes outside if the sun is really bright.
I shower after because i'm sweaty af and then i just cleanse my skin as normal and then put on vitamin c and moisturize and sometimes infadolan.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098
beta carotene, astaxanthin and sunlight if you're trying to get rid of paleness

• +1

Sunbeds aren't any worse than regular sun. Of course they both increase the risk of skin cancer, I just don't get the hate for tanning beds from people who think its fine to sunbathe in the regular sun.

• +1
Here's my quick ass guide to caramel skin.

Vit-c
Retin a
SPF
Here's the bit that helps the skin color change
Beta Carotine
Melanotan 2
And also if you want for photos or nights out out on male bb cream

• +1
Sunbeds aren't any worse than regular sun. Of course they both increase the risk of skin cancer, I just don't get the hate for tanning beds from people who think its fine to sunbathe in the regular sun.
anything that isn't natural is probably worse than the natural solution. the most obvious that I can think of is redlight therapy effects from the sun in addition to the tanning. also tanning beds are very high intensity in a short period, it's definitely much better to receive the same dose in multiple hours outside in semi-shade in the afternoon. not that concerned about skin cancer but skin aging tbh.

anything that isn't natural is probably worse than the natural solution. the most obvious that I can think of is redlight therapy effects from the sun in addition to the tanning. also tanning beds are very high intensity in a short period, it's definitely much better to receive the same dose in multiple hours outside in semi-shade in the afternoon. not that concerned about skin cancer but skin aging tbh.

I think the "natural is better" thinking is a logical fallacy - tons of natural things are very dangerous, the sun being one of them. I get the idea, but I actually did some research and from what I remember, tanning beds aren't any worse than regular sun exposure depending of course on where you live and what time of day you were outside, tanning lotion used etc.

My argument is that its probably less likely to hurt yourself using a tanning bed responsibly vs sunbathing regularly, because its more regulated. However, someone trying to "get tan" already puts themselves at risk no matter what, both for skin cancer and aging. Sucks that the best thing for our bodies is to be laughably pale.

I worry about skin cancer cause Norway, my home country, has insane skin cancer rates even though we get so little sun. Likely cause our skin can't handle that shit.

I think probably having a light tan shouldn't be too bad, but thats just a hunch.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 7098
that's exactly what i read.
On the one hand people say tanning beds are unnatural and therefor unhealthy but recommend 5 Pills a day of synthetically produced active ingredients that mess with all kind of bodly functions instead.

Sunbeds generally have less UVB and more UVA, as they are trying to tan you, and not burn you. So higher concentrations of UVA, which are a large contributor to photoaging.

IMO tanning is largely a meme to try to look more attractive by softmaxxing. In reality, it won't help you if you aren't even attractive facially, and you will age worse.