Interesting study identifying what constitutes an ideal lower third

Dude420

Dude420

Ascend or Rope
Constructs-used-in-the-study-a-Construct-showing-the-intergonial-width-vs.png

Constructs used in the study. a. Construct showing the intergonial width vs interzygomatic width. b. Construct showing the angle between the lower mandibular border and a line connecting the lateral canthus with the ipsilateral alare. c. Construct showing the level of bigonial plane in relation to the lips. d. Construct A shows the angle between the posterior border of the mandible and the Frankfort horizontal plane. Construct B shows the gonial angle, between the posterior and lower borders of the mandible. e. Relationship between the slope of the posterior border of the mandible and the slope of the forehead. f. Pointiness of the jaw angle, whether judged using the radius of a circle segment or the distance between the posterior end of the lower straight mandibular border contour and the lower end of the straight posterior border contour.
Answers-to-question-3-regarding-the-aesthetics-of-bigonial-width-compared-to-bizygomatic.png

Answers to question 3 regarding the aesthetics of bigonial width compared to bizygomatic width in the face frontal view: " Compared to the total facial width at the malar level, how do you score the lower jaw width at the jaw angle level? "
Answers-to-question-4-regarding-the-inclination-of-the-lower-border-in-the-face-frontal.png

Answers to question 4 regarding the inclination of the lower border in the face frontal view: "Is the inclination of the lower border in the face front view too steep, neutral, or too flat?"
Screen Shot 2019 02 24 at 020339

Answers to question 5 regarding the ideal vertical position of the jaw angle in the face frontal view: "Is the vertical position of the jaw angle too high, good, or too low?"
Answers-to-questions-7-and-8-regarding-comparisons-between-the-posterior-border-of-the.jpg

Answers to questions 7 and 8 regarding comparisons between the posterior border of the mandible and forehead in the face profile view and opinions regarding the jaw angle and posterior border when recognizing the forehead as a possible confounding factor: 7.) "Compared to the forehead slope, is the posterior border of the lower jaw steeper, parallel, or flatter?"; 8.) "Now that you appreciate the relationship with the forehead, can you again indicate your opinion regarding theangle and posterior border of the jaw? Is it nice, neutral, or ugly when taking the forehead into account?"
Answers-to-question-9-regarding-the-shape-of-the-jaw-angle-in-the-face-oblique-view.png

Answers to question 9 regarding the shape of the jaw angle in the face oblique view: " What do think of the shape of these angles e nice, neutral, or ugly? "

Results: The preferred jaw angle had these characteristics: 130° in face profile view, intergonial width similar to facial width, vertical position in frontal view at the oral commissure or at least not below the lower lip, jawline slope in the face frontal view nearly parallel to (with a maximum 15° downward deviation from) a line extending from the lateral canthus to the alare, ascending ramus slope 65°-75° to the Frankfort horizontal, and curvature in the oblique view visible from earlobe to chin and not pointy.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/291384320_The_ideal_male_jaw_angle_-_An_Internet_survey

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, NormieKilla, Arkantos and 16 others
@Wincel

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Further confirming that my lower third is garbage. :feelsrope:

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Arkantos, sorrowfulsad and 7 others
Too low iq to understand any of this

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: thecel, Danish_Retard, National Rodgerism and 11 others
Brb going to use a protractor and a compass to measure my subhumanity. They used more males than females for the survey study. :feelswhere:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome, GenericChad1444 and dogtown
Constructs-used-in-the-study-a-Construct-showing-the-intergonial-width-vs.png

Constructs used in the study. a. Construct showing the intergonial width vs interzygomatic width. b. Construct showing the angle between the lower mandibular border and a line connecting the lateral canthus with the ipsilateral alare. c. Construct showing the level of bigonial plane in relation to the lips. d. Construct A shows the angle between the posterior border of the mandible and the Frankfort horizontal plane. Construct B shows the gonial angle, between the posterior and lower borders of the mandible. e. Relationship between the slope of the posterior border of the mandible and the slope of the forehead. f. Pointiness of the jaw angle, whether judged using the radius of a circle segment or the distance between the posterior end of the lower straight mandibular border contour and the lower end of the straight posterior border contour.
Answers-to-question-3-regarding-the-aesthetics-of-bigonial-width-compared-to-bizygomatic.png

Answers to question 3 regarding the aesthetics of bigonial width compared to bizygomatic width in the face frontal view: " Compared to the total facial width at the malar level, how do you score the lower jaw width at the jaw angle level? "
Answers-to-question-4-regarding-the-inclination-of-the-lower-border-in-the-face-frontal.png

Answers to question 4 regarding the inclination of the lower border in the face frontal view: "Is the inclination of the lower border in the face front view too steep, neutral, or too flat?"
View attachment 23523
Answers to question 5 regarding the ideal vertical position of the jaw angle in the face frontal view: "Is the vertical position of the jaw angle too high, good, or too low?"
Answers-to-questions-7-and-8-regarding-comparisons-between-the-posterior-border-of-the.jpg

Answers to questions 7 and 8 regarding comparisons between the posterior border of the mandible and forehead in the face profile view and opinions regarding the jaw angle and posterior border when recognizing the forehead as a possible confounding factor: 7.) "Compared to the forehead slope, is the posterior border of the lower jaw steeper, parallel, or flatter?"; 8.) "Now that you appreciate the relationship with the forehead, can you again indicate your opinion regarding theangle and posterior border of the jaw? Is it nice, neutral, or ugly when taking the forehead into account?"
Answers-to-question-9-regarding-the-shape-of-the-jaw-angle-in-the-face-oblique-view.png

Answers to question 9 regarding the shape of the jaw angle in the face oblique view: " What do think of the shape of these angles e nice, neutral, or ugly? "

Results: The preferred jaw angle had these characteristics: 130° in face profile view, intergonial width similar to facial width, vertical position in frontal view at the oral commissure or at least not below the lower lip, jawline slope in the face frontal view nearly parallel to (with a maximum 15° downward deviation from) a line extending from the lateral canthus to the alare, ascending ramus slope 65°-75° to the Frankfort horizontal, and curvature in the oblique view visible from earlobe to chin and not pointy.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/291384320_The_ideal_male_jaw_angle_-_An_Internet_survey

A 130° gonial angle is actually ideal?

According to the study yeah, I think it makes sense, similar to the guy in the first pic.

• +1
Reactions: Linkzo9, Deleted member 656 and androidcel
According to the study yeah, I think it makes sense, similar to the guy in the first pic.

That's interesting. Contradicts a lot of conventional PSL wisdom about the superiority of square jaws.

• +1
Reactions: Spectre and Dude420
That's interesting. Contradicts a lot of conventional PSL wisdom about the superiority of square jaws.
It is over for squarejawcel

h2w4ji8-jpg.23064

• +1
Reactions: Wincel, Deleted member 470 and Deleted member 656
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Coping and looksmaxerilo
yeah jfl at some retards actually believing 90 degrees is ideal

• +1
Reactions: kobecel, BornAgainChad and Deleted member 656
The reason I meme and say that 90 degrees is the ideal is that its a sign of the most upward growth, more likely to have higher cheekbones/better eye support etc. Its also a huge cope for me because my gonial angle is 110 degrees and with my headgear its only going to get closer to 90.

Obviously in a study people are going to pick something around 120 degrees because I've seen, genetically speaking (In a day where nobody mews naturally), wider gonial angles in modern times seem to protrude more from the ear. Also the natural growth of the mandible is forward and downward, so chads with more growth hormone secretion are getting more downwards growth but also good forward growth to make up for it, explaining the wider angles being more preferred. Mr. 88 degree gonial angle whom I see has been posted here has his angle way far behind his ear.

JENNYMEW

Image: As the maxilla is brought upwards, the mandible remodels and the gonial angle is reduced.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
The reason I meme and say that 90 degrees is the ideal is that its a sign of the most upward growth, more likely to have higher cheekbones/better eye support etc. Its also a huge cope for me because my gonial angle is 110 degrees and with my headgear its only going to get closer to 90.

Obviously in a study people are going to pick something around 120 degrees because I've seen, genetically speaking (In a day where nobody mews naturally), wider gonial angles in modern times seem to protrude more from the ear. Also the natural growth of the mandible is forward and downward, so chads with more growth hormone secretion are getting more downwards growth but also good forward growth to make up for it, explaining the wider angles being more preferred. Mr. 88 degree gonial angle whom I see has been posted here has his angle way far behind his ear.

.View attachment 23954
Image: As the maxilla is brought upwards, the mandible remodels and the gonial angle is reduced.

The girl in the 2nd picture is almost at 120 degrees considering that her vertical angle is not parallel to the wall. 90 degrees being the most desirable is a mewing related myth thingy, that angle is also abnormal. It is probable that the results get a bit influenced by the unnatural higher angle modern norm, but not up to that level.

832-379999.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Wincel
To any vets here it should be obvious that averageness theory is on full display. Before you flip out, average as in proportionate.

• +1
Reactions: RedPilledStemcel and Deleted member 656
Looks and study should never be in the same bracket.

• +1
Reactions: FMLplus
didnt read the text but the relation between mouth width and jaw width seem equally if not more important then the relation between zygo width and jaw width when it comes to the question if the jaw was judged as too narrow or too wide
Glad this faggot is banned.

Ideal lower third: mine

Good information OP,

Basically simply put, PSL posters sometimes bang on about 'caveman' like jaws with 90 degree angles. Very comical facial structures that obviously aren't ideal.

130 degree jaw angle > 90 degree jaw angle.

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers, kobecel and Deleted member 656
A 90 degree angle is ideal if you want to look like a short-faced inbred retard with the syndrome.

Having a short midface with an upward inclined jaw is probably one of the biggest memes here. Men naturally have a longer midface, so it's actually ideal if your midface is long enough to give you around a 130 degree angle.

Too short of a midface makes you look either feminine or like you have the downs, while the opposite makes you look like a horse.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and Deleted member 470
Op you forgot to mention that the vast majority of people participating in the study were males(80 males and 30 females)

Which obviously makes this study irrelevant

Op you forgot to mention that the vast majority of people participating in the study were males(80 males and 30 females)

Which obviously makes this study irrelevant

Not perfect, many of the responders are surgeons who studied aesthetic, surgeons are mostly men. It is not irrelevant if you don't have any more relevant ones on the subject, unless you assume your intuition on the subject is perfect.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
Not perfect, many of the responders are surgeons who studied aesthetic, surgeons are mostly men. It is not irrelevant if you don't have any more relevant ones on the subject, unless you assume your intuition on the subject is perfect.
lmao "Studied" probably some blue pill bullshit
The only way you'll get accurate results if you connect women brain to a computer and track out the dopamine rushes they get when showing them pictures or some shit akin to that

EROS-EEG.jpg

• +1
Reactions: National Rodgerism, Slob and Deleted member 656
Bumping the thread

The study concluded that the ideal jaw width is similar to that of the bizygomatic. Yet when you look at the actual pictures and the ratings people gave them, the pictures with a slightly narrower jaw than the width of the bizygomatic were rated higher than those with equal widths.

Those with equal widths were still considered very good, but surely this would mean aesthetic perfection would be a slightly narrower jaw?

• +1
Reactions: dogtown
If the jaw width is the same as the bizygomatic, you’ll never have popping zygos in the front view. So yeah your jaw should slightly narrower than the zygos ideally.

actually 130 gonial sounds about right. personally I like 120-125

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: dogtown and Deleted member 656
This study has some validity. However...
Colton Haynes has the best jawline out of all of these guys and yet he is low tier because of his forehead!?!?

The forehead is not of even mid tier importance when rating a jawline. Just make sure the brow ridge lines up with the chin.
I'm would stick with this guys video for reference when discussing what constitutes an ideal lower third.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
This study has some validity. However...

Colton Haynes has the best jawline out of all of these guys and yet he is low tier because of his forehead!?!?

The forehead is not of even mid tier importance when rating a jawline. Just make sure the brow ridge lines up with the chin.
I'm would stick with this guys video for reference when discussing what constitutes an ideal lower third.
That picture refers to the jawline from the oblique view/ 3/4ths.

I guess his is considered overly sharp.

That picture refers to the jawline from the oblique view/ 3/4ths.

I guess his is considered overly sharp.
Ima say that there is no ideal jawline. Sort of like how the perfection mask doesn't actually work. Faces have different individual balances and no one face can be the definition of perfection. All these guys have different jawlines yet they are all ideal:

• +1
Reactions: Zeta ascended, asiannickghur and Deleted member 656
Ima say that there is no ideal jawline. Sort of like how the perfection mask doesn't actually work. Faces have different individual balances and no one face can be the definition of perfection. All these guys have different jawlines yet they are all ideal:
View attachment 72660View attachment 72661View attachment 72663View attachment 72664
They're all good. You're right, the ideal jawline doesn't exist as a concept because it's relative to the rest of the face. But there are ideal jawlines for particular faces, and that's what this study focuses on.

It all comes back to midface ratio and the balance between eyes, nose and philtrum. All else is built around that.

• +1
Reactions: asiannickghur
bump

Brain hurtz:feelsuhh:

Over for low iqcels:feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: National Rodgerism