Is 18 too young for genioplasty?

Deleted member 2012

Deleted member 2012

Magic
I want to get a genioplasty this year in August but some people say you should wait to be 21 before you do jaw surgeries since your jaws are still growing and that in my case I should just try mewing. Im not sure if thats my case because I went to a growth doctor and got a wrist x-ray, he said my bone plates are closed. Now, I dont know if thats just for height or if it means my jaw is also done growing. Im just worried that I might get a genio to fix my recessed chin and then after 3 years my jaw finishes growing and then my chin looks overprojected. That would be comical lol

Never too young.
Enjoy spending the best years of your life looking like shit. If you have the money go for it for no balls

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2012 and Deleted member 245
No bro wait til you're 45, that's male prime

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 245, Zeta ascended, Einon and 2 others
No relationship between growth plates and facial growth itself, and there is growth of the maxilla and mandible between 16 and 18 years according to some studies, I suggest you at least wait until you have 18 years old, in the meantime, use fillers.

Also just having a genioplasty when you are a person exposed to the damage of mouth breathing is not a "bluepilled" way to fix the problem? It is your whole face that is recessed, so your maxilla, the entire mandible, and not just the tip of it... You should check out the MSE+FaceMask combo. Remember, mouth breathing is not supposed to "alter" the growth in itself of facial bones, it puts them in a bad position, a "downswing"

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: sorrowfulsad and Deleted member 206
I want to get a genioplasty this year in August but some people say you should wait to be 21 before you do jaw surgeries since your jaws are still growing and that in my case I should just try mewing. Im not sure if thats my case because I went to a growth doctor and got a wrist x-ray, he said my bone plates are closed. Now, I dont know if thats just for height or if it means my jaw is also done growing. Im just worried that I might get a genio to fix my recessed chin and then after 3 years my jaw finishes growing and then my chin looks overprojected. That would be comical lol
my jaw started changing from 18 to 20 years old without mewing, but my chin projection never changed

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
No bro wait til you're 45, that's male prime

JFL at those comments, it is too young if you haven't finished growing, you don't want to mess up the screws and plates fixation.