Is a full virtual consultation with Eppley worth it?

HumidVent

HumidVent

Zephir
Should I pay the $200 or should I just use the free 10 minute consultation.

Also are there any other surgeons I should consider for a chin implant?

I did the consultation with him just last week. It was worth it to me because I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I am missing. However his bill for a sliding genioplasty is $12,000 so I am going to go to a local provider instead for $4,500

Just consult with me for 30$ and I'll redpill you on all your flaws

Also chin implant can be done by any surgeon (easy af surgery) as long as its attached to the bone with titanium screws.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
I did the consultation with him just last week. It was worth it to me because I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I am missing. However his bill for a sliding genioplasty is $12,000 so I am going to go to a local provider instead for $4,500
That sliding genio bill is absurd. I’m probably going to go local too then. Have you picked your surgeon yet? Also what else did Eppley tell you you needed.

I have appointments with two different surgeons this month locally and I will probably pick one of them. It's not that complicated of a surgery so any maxillofacial surgeon should be able to do it and it's your own bone so the likelihood of complications is almost zero.

Dr Eppley didn't really give me any good advice, he just asked what I wanted to do. I was hoping he would tell me all the different surgeries and procedures I would need. He was also not very personable. There was no hello, no introductions, it was just straight into the technical aspects. I still admire and respect him obviously but I'm not going to get a hotel in Indianapolis for two weeks and pay $12,000 when I could drive ten minutes up the road and do the same thing for $4,500.

• +1
Reactions: Vidyacoper
I have appointments with two different surgeons this month locally and I will probably pick one of them. It's not that complicated of a surgery so any maxillofacial surgeon should be able to do it and it's your own bone so the likelihood of complications is almost zero.

Dr Eppley didn't really give me any good advice, he just asked what I wanted to do. I was hoping he would tell me all the different surgeries and procedures I would need. He was also not very personable. There was no hello, no introductions, it was just straight into the technical aspects. I still admire and respect him obviously but I'm not going to get a hotel in Indianapolis for two weeks and pay $12,000 when I could drive ten minutes up the road and do the same thing for $4,500.
Yeah makes sense. I’ll probably skip out on the consult then and just see a few different surgeons to see which one I trust most for genio. Are you out of school? I have no idea how I’m going to plan this since I can’t just take a full week off work for recovery at a job I just started.

Post pic of your chin so we can redpill you on if you need chin widening during the genioplasty aswell. Genioplasties can make your chin narrower because of the step-off created

I'm not in school, I have a full time job, but I can work out my sick days to get about 10 days off which should be sufficient

• +1
Reactions: Morpheus
Post pic of your chin so we can redpill you on if you need chin widening during the genioplasty aswell. Genioplasties can make your chin narrower because of the step-off created
Can you redpill me on it while you’re at it? Still not sure if I should get it vertically lengthened, widened, and how many mms forward.

Attachments

• FDF15DDF-A80C-4F68-A6C0-E9565AA82C9D.jpeg
    FDF15DDF-A80C-4F68-A6C0-E9565AA82C9D.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 23
  • E8142DFB-0D9F-42C7-88D0-4DA94D6340B0.jpeg
    E8142DFB-0D9F-42C7-88D0-4DA94D6340B0.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 88405531-86AF-4A21-BF7D-015E2F88A33A.jpeg
    88405531-86AF-4A21-BF7D-015E2F88A33A.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 23
Can you redpill me on it while you’re at it? Still not sure if I should get it vertically lengthened, widened, and how many mms forward.
Chin surgery would be a waste in your case because it will change nothing, your chin is also decent. You have much bigger flaws than chin projection: Your entire midface is recessed with a flat philtrum, no cheekbones and you also have 0 browridge which gives you UEE, narrow temples

You shouldnt waste Money on chin surgery when it wont give you any PSL Points imo. But if you had it I would go for T-chin split osteotomy (chin widening sliding genioplasty) because your chin is rounded. Would make it more Square and wider.

Free consult then correspond via email after

Here are my before pics

I absolutely will be getting widening.

I need to widen chin, lower it, make it even (kind of crooked), and move it forward. Anything after I will fix with fillers probably.

Chin surgery would be a waste in your case because it will change nothing, your chin is also decent. You have much bigger flaws than chin projection: Your entire midface is recessed with a flat philtrum, no cheekbones and you also have 0 browridge which gives you UEE, narrow temples

You shouldnt waste Money on chin surgery when it wont give you any PSL Points imo. But if you had it I would go for T-chin split osteotomy (chin widening sliding genioplasty) because your chin is rounded. Would make it more Square and wider.
I’m in agreement with my midface recession but I don’t think a Lefort is realistic so I’m just trying to fix the flaws I can. Genio wouldn’t be the solution to my main issues but I think it would at least give the illusion of some facial definition with the added projection plus it’s not that expensive. Unless you have some alternative recommendations.

I guess what I’m asking is what surgeries will be the most useful for me without requiring months of not working due to recovery and $50k in costs. Would zygo/undereye implants and genio make me at least passable?

Last edited: