Is a low carb diet a meme?

S

Soulsmaxx

Looking for jolly cooperation
might work better for some people but in then end it comes down to eating in a caloric deficit

• +1
Reactions: Madhate and Demir
Carbs fuck your insulin levels and make you fat. Why do you think it's a meme?
Just look at the US, our diet consists of like 80 % bread/carbs and we're all landwhales.

• +1
Reactions: fjor2096, OCDMaxxing, Deleted member 685 and 1 other person
Found Keto to be good tbh when i was on it last summer, personally prefer low carbs, but either way dont over eat and you wont be fat, simple really

t. retard looking for reasons to eat carbs like a pig

• +1
Reactions: fjor2096, Fat cunt, OCDMaxxing and 2 others
Carbs fuck your insulin levels and make you fat. Why do you think it's a meme?
Just look at the US, our diet consists of like 80 % bread/carbs and we're all landwhales.

Lol low iq response. Its not the carbs that make you fat its the combination of high fat and high Carb that makes you fat over there. Actually the body has a hard time converting carbs into fat Search it up. But the body burns carbs first so all the additional fat you eat can easily be stored as bodyfat. High carb and minimum amount of fat for hormones i had the best gains ever and barely put on fat.

"Basically, the problem is that storing carbs as body fat via de novo lipogenesis is inefficient. By comparison, storing dietary fat in body fat reserves is easy and efficient. These women were eating a diet high in both carbs and fat, and they were eating more calories than they could use, meaning that they had to store some. In that situation, it doesn’t make any sense to burn the dietary fat for energy and then laboriously convert all the carbs to fatty acids for storage. It’s much more efficient to simply burn the carbs for energy and store the dietary fat."

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Ethnicsmatter and DownUnderCopeAttack
Low carb diet is very good

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685, Soulsmaxx and jefferson
Lol low iq response. Its not the carbs that make you fat its the combination of high fat and high Carb that makes you fat over there. Actually the body has a hard time converting carbs into fat Search it up. But the body burns carbs first so all the additional fat you eat can easily be stored as bodyfat. High carb and minimum amount of fat for hormones i had the best gains ever and barely put on fat.

"Basically, the problem is that storing carbs as body fat via de novo lipogenesis is inefficient. By comparison, storing dietary fat in body fat reserves is easy and efficient. These women were eating a diet high in both carbs and fat, and they were eating more calories than they could use, meaning that they had to store some. In that situation, it doesn’t make any sense to burn the dietary fat for energy and then laboriously convert all the carbs to fatty acids for storage. It’s much more efficient to simply burn the carbs for energy and store the dietary fat."
See its shit like this that makes me question it

Keto is ok. Carnivore PKD is the tru way.

Low carb is no meme. But personally i dont find it sustainable. Low fat high carb on the other Hand i could easily do for a year. For bulking i would go for high carb low fat and for getting dry low carb.

And I'm sure your body loves all that sugar you're pumping into your bloodstream. Nice try, Jason Blaha.
The caveman diet is the best for health and fitness hands down.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
I would fast for

And I'm sure your body loves all that sugar you're pumping into your bloodstream. Nice try, Jason Blaha.
The caveman diet is the best for health and fitness hands down.

You fucking retarded? Who talks about sugar? Eat potatoes white/sweet, rice and oats. And you easily vitamin mog these carnivore diets.

Boyos I'm just a teen trying to lose the skinny fat physique, wondering if low carb cutting would work best.
:feelsbadman:

Carbs can get stored as fat and can be used efficiently for energy and for fuelling glycogen stores. The extent at which either of these happen is extremely variable and of course depends on the amount of carbs you eat, when you eat them and their glycemic index. Everyone's body has a different sensitivity to insulin. Someone who is extremely insulin sensitive can get away with eating lots of carbs without storing fat as a result. On the other end of the spectrum, someone who is extremely insulin resistant will have a very very hard time not storing fat as a result of consuming carbs. The carbs themselves aren't stored as fat as that doesn't make sense. Only fat is stored in adipose tissue as fat. You should look into how different body's insulin, hormone sensitive lipase, and lipoprotein lipase reacts to various means of carbohydrate consumption.

• +1
Reactions: DownUnderCopeAttack
Boyos I'm just a teen trying to lose the skinny fat physique, wondering if low carb cutting would work best.
:feelsbadman:
It should work fine with exercise. That or fasting

Carbs can get stored as fat and can be used efficiently for energy and for fuelling glycogen stores. The extent at which either of these happen is extremely variable and of course depends on the amount of carbs you eat, when you eat them and their glycemic index. Everyone's body has a different sensitivity to insulin. Someone who is extremely insulin sensitive can get away with eating lots of carbs without storing fat as a result. On the other end of the spectrum, someone who is extremely insulin resistant will have a very very hard time not storing fat as a result of consuming carbs. The carbs themselves aren't stored as fat as that doesn't make sense. Only fat is stored in adipose tissue as fat. You should look into how different body's insulin, hormone sensitive lipase, and lipoprotein lipase reacts to various means of carbohydrate consumption.
Well, most of my life has been high carb. Cakes, chips, donuts, fast crap. I've barely eaten meat. I'm getting sick of it tbh tbh. Wanna eat meat more but every time I eat meat like steak it tastes like shit.
:feelswah::feelswah::feelswah:

You fucking retarded? Who talks about sugar? Eat potatoes white/sweet, rice and oats. And you easily vitamin mog these carnivore diets.
How do you vitamin mog eating high protein, high fat, and fruits and vegetables with fucking grains?! Post body physique now

Good for losing weight

Good for losing weight
Yeah, I'm skinny fat so I want to build muscle while cutting fat ideally. I'm at the weight I wanna be without any the muscle and just the flab. But I hear recomp is a long game

How do you vitamin mog eating high protein, high fat, and fruits and vegetables with fucking grains?! Post body physique now

Lol just check out the nutrients of potatoes and you will See smh. If you really Interested i can sind you a pic over pm but i wont expose infront of everybody

Well, most of my life has been high carb. Cakes, chips, donuts, fast crap. I've barely eaten meat. I'm getting sick of it tbh tbh. Wanna eat meat more but every time I eat meat like steak it tastes like shit.
:feelswah::feelswah::feelswah:
I have a chad friend who only eats junky carbs like whitebread, hardly any protein in his diet and he's muscular and shredded and doesn't even lift. He's extremely insulin sensitive. If you're eating cakes, chips and donuts and you're getting fat, then you're not in the 99.99999999th percentile of people who are gifted with extreme insulin sensitivity. So start eating a lot less carbs and cut out high GI carbs entirely. Eat in a caloric deficit, workout and focus your diet more-so around protein and healthy fats. Tuna, eggs, smoked salmon, tomato soup, high-protein yoghurts, brazil nuts, walnuts are some foods you should incorporate.

• +1
Reactions: Gen Zykon

JFL at anybody getting his info trough a middle-man

"paleoleap.com" JFL

You have 0 clue how it works. I have to say I also don't know everything, but you're definitely putting it all on 1 retarded article you read that was written by a 40 year old landwhale or a middle aged cuck

• +1
Reactions: Gen Zykon
I hate listening to all this fat loss advice. All these idiots are trying to overcomplicate it with "custom diets" and shit. Fuck all that. Just fucking eat less and cut on the junk food and sugary food/drinks. Drink enough water as well. Go to the gym and do cardio to amplify the weight loss. What is so hard to understand? There is no magic in this.

• +1
Reactions: GGG_THE_GOAT, Demir and Deleted member 245
I have a chad friend who only eats junky carbs like whitebread, hardly any protein in his diet and he's muscular and shredded and doesn't even lift. He's extremely insulin sensitive. If you're eating cakes, chips and donuts and you're getting fat, then you're not in the 99.99999999th percentile of people who are gifted with extreme insulin sensitivity. So start eating a lot less carbs and cut out high GI carbs entirely. Eat in a caloric deficit, workout and focus your diet more-so around protein and healthy fats. Tuna, eggs, smoked salmon, tomato soup, high-protein yoghurts, brazil nuts, walnuts are some foods you should incorporate.
roided

Yeah. Its eating habits I gotta fix. I hate the taste of meat in general, probably because I'm not used to eating it.

I hate listening to all this fat loss advice. All these idiots are trying to overcomplicate it with "custom diets" and shit. Fuck all that. Just fucking eat less and cut on the junk food and sugary food/drinks. Drink enough water as well. Go to the gym and do cardio to amplify the weight loss. What is so hard to understand? There is no magic in this.
because if you dont have good genes youll get bloated

also JFL at doing cardio
Yeah. Its eating habits I gotta fix. I hate the taste of meat in general, probably because I'm not used to eating it.
low T

Yeah I agree tbh. The dude just needs to stop eating junk, track his caloric intake and start regimented exercise.

• +1
Reactions: DoctorPMA
Yeah, I'm skinny fat so I want to build muscle while cutting fat ideally. I'm at the weight I wanna be without any the muscle and just the flab. But I hear recomp is a long game
recomping is a waste of time natty. If you're obese and new to lifting then you can recomp as you lose fat but if you're just skinny fat pick either bulk or cut. (I would cut first)

Lol just check out the nutrients of potatoes and you will See smh. If you really Interested i can sind you a pic over pm but i wont expose infront of everybody
I understand if you don't wanna be mogged

also JFL at doing cardio

low T
Ik ik. But I just gotta get used to that shit. I fucking hate steak and crap, but its way better than chips and ice cream obviously. I'm planning on swimming for cardio tbh
Yeah I agree tbh. The dude just needs to stop eating junk, track his caloric intake and start regimented exercise.
Noted.

If you hate the taste of meat then I've bad news for you. There's a lot more hardships you'll need to endure. Eating meat because it "tastes bad" isn't even a problem for practically everyone besides you. If you can't eat meat and change away from your bad diet then there's nothing else that can help you.
Ik ik. But I just gotta get used to that shit. I fucking hate steak and crap, but its way better than chips and ice cream obviously. I'm planning on swimming for cardio tbh

Noted.
I hardly eat steak. Try tuna and smoked salmon. People think they taste bad. I never heard of anyone complaining about the taste of steak tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Soulsmaxx

also JFL at doing cardio
Yea That is true, if you have bad genes you may still look somewhat bloated. You should still try to lose weight if you are overweight. This is looksmaxing after all. And what is so JFL about cardio? Your body uses calories when you run.

Pretty much. Calorie deficit is the only thing that matters. It's much easier to be in a deficit if you cut out junk food, but even then you can lose fat on junkfood if you don't go over your TDEE.

• +1
Reactions: Demir and DoctorPMA
Yea That is true, if you have bad genes you may still look somewhat bloated. You should still try to lose weight if you are overweight. This is looksmaxing after all. And what is so JFL about cardio? Your body uses calories when you run.
Cardio releases beta lipotropin which stimulates the release of cortisol

You can easily lose weight by just a caloric deficit, the cardio will maybe speed it up by 100 cal per day which is nothing

JFL at anybody getting his info trough a middle-man

"paleoleap.com" JFL

You have 0 clue how it works. I have to say I also don't know everything, but you're definitely putting it all on 1 retarded article you read that was written by a 40 year old landwhale or a middle aged cuck

Lol i just put the key words into google and this was the first site i found. And the article even links the studies where they got their knowledge. If dig deeper i could flood you with sources. But as i expect it would be a waste of time since you didnt even read the site i posted. On the other Hand you give me your average gym bro knowledge.

But why should i care if you believe it or not keep doing your one week carnivore diets and keep on failing and restarting

If you hate the taste of meat then I've bad news for you. There's a lot more hardships you'll need to endure. Eating meat because it "tastes bad" isn't even a problem for practically everyone besides you. If you can't eat meat and change away from your bad diet then there's nothing else that can help you.
Yeah, I hear you. I just want to put out there why I made this thread in the first place. High protein low carb is sort of hard for me to achieve without the use of protein powder because of my distaste for meat. I'm just curious if it would be worth it to still pursue that sort of thing with that in mind. I cutted a few months back with high carbs and high protein. I didnt see much progress with lifts and I felt my stomach hurt a lot. So I discovered this site and decided to see what you guys think about diets before I try again this summer.

tl;dr: I'm trying to research what I want to do because what I did last wasn't sustainable and lacked progress.

Lol i just put the key words into google and this was the first site i found. And the article even links the studies where they got their knowledge. If dig deeper i could flood you with sources. But as i expect it would be a waste of time since you didnt even read the site i posted. On the other Hand you give me your average gym bro knowledge.

But why should i care if you believe it or not keep doing your one week carnivore diets and keep on failing and restarting
i just put the key words into google and this was the first site i found
you give me your average gym bro knowledge

k

Hight fat and high protein diets are ideal if ur skinny fat

if ur just skinny, carbs are good.

• +1
Reactions: jefferson
Cardio releases beta lipotropin which stimulates the release of cortisol

You can easily lose weight by just a caloric deficit, the cardio will maybe speed it up by 100 cal per day which is nothing
well if that's true then even easier for op. Don't need to run just eat less lmao

• +1
Reactions: NickGurr
If you want to lose weight it’s all about caloric deficit but it can help on keeping hormones better balanced and eating healthy improves your looks In other ways

• +1
Reactions: Demir
Jared Leto says two things have kept him shredded for 20 years ... Leto is vegan - so he lives off a high carbohydrate, low fat diet and gets all ...

cArBs arE bAd FoR YoU!!!

Raw meat everyday!

I dont know tbh

Just do whatever the FUCK you want. Seriously try out keto, if it works for you and you enjoy it - GREAT! If you're like me and feel like shit on it and get tired of limited diet, count your calories, stay in slight deficit and you'll do fine. Dont forget to calculate your macros and follow them for a while until you get used to it then you can just eyeball it. Been sub 10% bf for a few years, no regrets.

No. Carbs retain water. Fats and proteins do not.

You want to be bloated? You want water retention in face?

No male model is bloated.

Fuck carbs. Replace them with fat. Will suck first month, but then body will adapt.