Is being GL in the mirror but ugly on cameras real or cope ?

NormieKilla

NormieKilla

Bluepiller
I guess I'm not the only one who happens to like what he sees on the mirror but totally repulsed by pictures or even videos.

Cameras are all about lighting as they add a sense of depth to the 2D image they create.

Mirror gives you a 3D image which is how people will perceive you IRL, but your brain also naturally ignores your flaws in the mirror, so your perception of yourself is skewed.

• +1
Reactions: Tricky and Deleted member 281
You are used to your reversed image on the mirror. Thats why you don‘t like yourself on pics and videos, since you aren’t reversed on those. The more you see yourself on them the more you‘ll get used to it and ignore your flaws subconsciously. It‘s nothing to worry about. People that know you would always prefer your IRL image over the mirrored one.

Mirror isnt 100% accurate, but its better than photos imo. And, as Felix97 said, people probably see your not mirrored real version like you see your mirrored one.

its because of lighting on both

You don't look as good as you do in the mirror, but you don't look as bad as you do in pictures either. If you want to get a more accurate point of view of how people see you, I suggest filming yourself from a distance. Cameras all have different kinds of focal lenses, and mostly these exaggerate all your features.

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
It's legit. People look ugly in cameras because of the short focal length causing lens distortion. When I take a picture of myself with a good camera and higher focal length I look just like I do in the mirror.

but your brain also naturally ignores your flaws in the mirror, so your perception of yourself is skewed.
I remember seeing a study about it being the exact opposite

I used to be a looksmaxer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

It's legit. People look ugly in cameras because of the short focal length causing lens distortion. When I take a picture of myself with a good camera and higher focal length I look just like I do in the mirror.
Same

FvvHSGZ.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Alvik and Jackkal
Both are cope