Is bimax enough for breathing or is MSE needed too?

bysontallou

bysontallou

Iron
I had premolar extractions when I was younger which has given me breathing problems due to recessed jaws and narrow palate.

I'm planning on getting bimax to fix the recession, and was hoping that this alone would fix the troubles with my breathing. Is that likely to be the case, or should I be looking at palatal expansion of some sorts too?

The breathing problems mostly comes with close off airways.
The biggest ones and those that get blocked most of the times are in the throat.
We don't really need to breathe a fuckton of air through our nose.
If you wish to breathe more air (not by any large margin btw) then go ahead and get mse.
I think it's not worth it tbh

if money is not too big of an issue for you, get both, MSE is a great base enhancer for anyone wanting to 'fix' their development

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32529 and Deleted member 10615
if it’s hard to get enough air through your nose then yes mse can widen the airways through your nose but you’d need both anyway

This would depend on if your airway is obstructed primarily due to transverse maxillary deficiency, or anteroposterior deficiency. Only a professional would be able to make this call and it would required some type of scan to see what’s going on. If you are extremely narrow you might need to address that via MSE or similar treatment. But if your narrowness is moderate I would imagine advancing the jaws forward could provide enough relief

I had premolar extractions when I was younger which has given me breathing problems due to recessed jaws and narrow palate.

I'm planning on getting bimax to fix the recession, and was hoping that this alone would fix the troubles with my breathing. Is that likely to be the case, or should I be looking at palatal expansion of some sorts too?
You should be asking some doctors, not here