[Theory] Is height genetic?

Apex

Apex

moroccan badboy
Everything is environment. the only thing that genetics determines is your skin colour and phenotype

The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

ASCENSION OR DEATH
Height can definitely be influenced, but only for the wealthy and their monetary interests.
I copied and pasted this from an old bb.com thread so expect errors.

"Dennis Rodman - He was 5'6 in high school. Then at the age of 19, he went from 5'9 to 6'8! Almost a foot! Growing pains....ouch.
David Robinson - 5'9 his junior year of high school and 6'7 his senior year and then 7'0 in College.
Scottie Pippen - Entered college at 6'1. Final height? 6'8.
Michael Jordan- He grew from 5'10 to 6'3 from his sophmore to junior year in highschool. Final Height is 6'6. I also heard no one in his family is over 6'0, but that was from only one source so not sure.
Chris Anstey - Played tennis until age 17. Then started playing basketball and grew 7 inches. Final height was 7'0. Hmmm did he grow taller because of basketball?
Tim Duncan - Grew 8 inches in some of his highschool years and now maxes out at 6'11.
Lamar Odom - Was 6'2 as a highschool point guard. Out of nowhere he hit a huge growth spurt to 6'9.
Manu Ginobli - Hes from Argentina, a country whose average height is 5'8 1/2. Both of his brothers were late bloomers, and reached 6 ft in their teens. Manu was also a late bloomer and in two years, he shot up 10 inches from 5'8 to 6'6. "

I find it hard to believe all these late growth spurts also were a coincidence.
"Then started playing basketball and grew 7 inches"
@Wincel
Thoughts?

Wincel

Wincel

Arcanologist
Height can definitely be influenced, but only for the wealthy and their monetary interests.
I copied and pasted this from an old bb.com thread so expect errors.

"Dennis Rodman - He was 5'6 in high school. Then at the age of 19, he went from 5'9 to 6'8! Almost a foot! Growing pains....ouch.
David Robinson - 5'9 his junior year of high school and 6'7 his senior year and then 7'0 in College.
Scottie Pippen - Entered college at 6'1. Final height? 6'8.
Michael Jordan- He grew from 5'10 to 6'3 from his sophmore to junior year in highschool. Final Height is 6'6. I also heard no one in his family is over 6'0, but that was from only one source so not sure.
Chris Anstey - Played tennis until age 17. Then started playing basketball and grew 7 inches. Final height was 7'0. Hmmm did he grow taller because of basketball?
Tim Duncan - Grew 8 inches in some of his highschool years and now maxes out at 6'11.
Lamar Odom - Was 6'2 as a highschool point guard. Out of nowhere he hit a huge growth spurt to 6'9.
Manu Ginobli - Hes from Argentina, a country whose average height is 5'8 1/2. Both of his brothers were late bloomers, and reached 6 ft in their teens. Manu was also a late bloomer and in two years, he shot up 10 inches from 5'8 to 6'6. "

I find it hard to believe all these late growth spurts also were a coincidence.
"Then started playing basketball and grew 7 inches"
@Wincel
Thoughts?
My thoughts

"Basketball increases HGH" I think is cope because other sports/activities do as well but we don't see these spurts happen commonly enough

Micro-fracture theory is a better possibility as certain sports seem to give people longer limbs depending on which ones they apply the most force to. Tennis players have a longer arm than the other rather than longer arms in general (could be baseball players though I forgot) so this one cannot be said to be "they play that sport BECAUSE they have longer arms than most people, the sport doesn't give them that trait" because the arm with the most micro fracturing being applied gets longer than the other which isn't found in normal people

On the skeptical side:
These examples though are of FAMOUS basketball players, of course a disproportionate amount of people with crazy growth spurts end up in the highest league because the tallest people usually have better growth spurts and height is very important for basketball in general, so "they play basketball because they are tall not that they get tall because they play basketball" could be applied here. Also I thought dennis rodman was playing basketball way before he got his growth spurt.

DrTony

DrTony

Enthusiast
Nobody is looking at replies without relevant literature. I mean no relevant normal functioning human adult with a working brain. I just completely skip all answers without evidence...

I also laugh at reverse causality anecdotes misconstrued as straight causality

Last edited:
RedPilledStemcel

RedPilledStemcel

mandiblecel manlet
Tennis players have a longer arm than the other rather than longer arms in general (could be baseball players though I forgot) so this one cannot be said to be
not longer, one is just more muscular

RedPilledStemcel

RedPilledStemcel

mandiblecel manlet
Well I'm not going to pay to read this article but from the abstract sure this makes my original claim seem retarded, which is why I added the second claim which is what I was actually trying to say.
Yeah we don't know how heritable height is in a GH treated population. The population of all these studies have been normal people. Also in most hgh studies, the doctors probably didn't use high enough dosages out of safety and desire to stay within a normal height range.

DrTony

DrTony

Enthusiast
I have access to full paper from all journals as I am a working scientist

Wincel

Wincel

Arcanologist
My mommy calls me special so we're even.

Unless this wasn't just a pure brag, then I don't want to see the full paper because it only disproves the argument of mine which I agree was wrong, not the point of my argument which is that height can be increased unnaturally and there is no genetic limit, just genetic suggestion.

RedPilledStemcel

RedPilledStemcel

mandiblecel manlet
My mommy calls me special so we're even.

Unless this wasn't just a pure brag, then I don't want to see the full paper because it only disproves the argument of mine which I agree was wrong, not the point of my argument which is that height can be increased unnaturally and there is no genetic limit, just genetic suggestion.
sci-hub.tw for normies btw

DrTony

DrTony

Enthusiast
I certainly need NO validation from teenagers. I have got more than plenty of that in my life. And yes GWAS studies suggest that a large variance is explained by genes alone. As with all complex phenotypic traits, environment plays a role too. Intervening with GH when epiphyseal plates are open (while no GH deficiency) has not been show to increase adult height as the rate limiting step here is how many division cycles your chondrocyte progenitors in your epiphyseal plates have before they become full differentiated into bone (perhaps genetically determined) and "ossify" as we say

Last edited:
Wincel

Wincel

Arcanologist
Intervening with GH when epiphyseal plates are open (while no GH deficiency) has not been show to increase adult height as the rate limiting step here is how many division cycles your chondrocyte progenitors in your epiphyseal plates have before they become full differentiated into bone (perhaps genetically determined) and "ossify" as we say
Aromatase inhibition, would it not work?

averageblokecel

averageblokecel

The forum just went down baby, down
Then what do? Srs

Wincel

Wincel

Arcanologist
K

kobecel

Banned
A large part of it is genetic
I had a shit diet in my teens still grew to 6'5

Wincel

Wincel

Arcanologist
A large part of it is genetic
I had a shit diet in my teens still grew to 6'5
Edit for people just reading my thread now: It took me being a bit of a dumbass (more than I usually am, I mostly try to keep things high quality so you all think I'm a genius or some shit) and arguing with people to get this point sorted out but this is my new argument: Height in nature IS genetics and nutrition, but when we go outside of it with drugs and disorders it is very clear that there is no genetic LIMIT on height. Genetic influence sure, but no limits. Want to grow taller? Follow my stack and have open growth plates. Your genes become less important the more you increase height through unnatural methods such as growth hormone peptides and AIs.

R

Ropemaxing

Enthusiast
You guys are literally trying to find every reasons in the world for coping on your height this plain funny.Human mind is just crazy.

I used to play storm whole nights , skipping meals and sht ( aka the " don't sleep late height meme " ) stretching was my worst nightmare , never bothered with it .And even tho i was naturally good at athletics ( getting the top results consistently ) , games were still my favorite hobby.I said fk this and i went for finance engineering ( aka TRADING ) .

Then the lil bro who s addicted to basketball as hobby since 12 and? Both done puberty he's still around 2 cm shorther , im 188 cms;

The youngest one being the chad , robust af getting girls looks in transports bla bla bla ..was addict to football (U.S peoples call it "soccer") and did some "height stretching" and?He's close to 180 cms and is getting 18 next year , so he's done puberty .

What's funny is that even tho he have ton of success ( some random cuties put their arm on his shoulder in transport , in stores he gets smiles from saleswoman , somes invite him watching cinema and stuffs , girls ask their parents to bring him home when it's late ( for pump their *** , IDK how , if i tried to do that the parents would call the police..)) , he still have huge height complex so maybe it makes sense why every short kids here is having height PTSD .

TLRD: I did the least weigh lift /athletics of the 3 and im still the tallest : You CAN'T beat genetics , If you WERE designed to be a chad you WILL be .The cousin who used to thumbsuck and mouthbreath like a fking mandrill and yet she still have absolute perfect pct almand eyes , sharper jaw than a fking man , cheeckbones popping out and the whole is aesthetic while i did the same and now im dead , she got braces that is demonized on looksmax & all yet she look better than her 2 sisters ( who are min psl 6) even tho she had the WORST habits.

Btw try to backup your claims with science , anatomy doesn't work with broscience.

Last edited:
Extra Chromosome

Extra Chromosome

You guys are literally trying to find every reasons in the world for coping on your height this plain funny.Human mind is just crazy.

I used to play storm whole nights , skipping meals and sht ( aka the " don't sleep late height meme " ) stretching was my worst nightmare , never bothered with it .And even tho i was naturally good at athletics ( getting the top results consistently ) , games were still my favorite hobby.I said fk this and i went for finance engineering ( aka TRADING ) .

Then the lil bro who s addicted to basketball as hobby since 12 and? Both done puberty he's still around 2 cm shorther , im 188 cms;

The youngest one being the chad , robust af getting girls looks in transports bla bla bla ..was addict to football (U.S peoples call it "soccer") and did some "height stretching" and?He's 177 cms and is getting 18 next year , so he's done puberty .

What's funny is that even tho he have ton of success ( some random cuties put their arm on his shoulder in transport , in stores he gets smiles from saleswoman , somes invite him watching cinema and stuffs , girls ask their parents to bring him home when it's late ( for pump their *** , IDK how , if i tried to do that the parents would call the police..)) , he still have huge height complex so maybe it makes sense why every short kids here is having height PTSD .

TLRD: I did the least weigh lift /athletics of the 3 and im still the tallest : You CAN'T beat genetics , If you WERE designed to be a chad you WILL be .The cousin who used to thumbsuck and mouthbreath like a fking mandrill and yet she still have absolute perfect pct almand eyes , sharper jaw than a fking man , cheeckbones popping out and the whole is aesthetic while i did the same and now im dead , she got braces that is demonized here and she look better than her 2 sisters ( who are min psl 6) even tho she had the WORST habits.

Btw try to backup your claims with science , anatomy doesn't work with broscience.
Isn't the point of the thread that drugs will help you reach higher than your genetic potential?

R

Ropemaxing

Enthusiast
Isn't the point of the thread that drugs will help you reach higher than your genetic potential?
Just look at Drtony reply on this topic , the title was " is height genetic" definitly yes , not that " environment " guy....

Rip Apex that was quick

Last edited:
Wincel

Wincel

Arcanologist
Just look at Drtony reply on this topic , the title was " is height genetic" definitly yes , not that " environment " guy....

Rip Apex that was quick
Its obvious you missed the point of the thread and also that you don't speak English

Extra Chromosome

Extra Chromosome

Rip Apex that was quick
Yes, and OP agrees.
But his point is that drugs can influence that.

M

MitDenJungs

Lowiqcel
your thinking is wrong

youre saying its not genetic and your argument is that using drugs will help you grow taller. so basically its not genetic but you have to take drugs to grow tall. i may be retarded but it doesnt add up bro

its definitely genetic

R

Ropemaxing

Enthusiast
your thinking is wrong

youre saying its not genetic and your argument is that using drugs will help you grow taller. so basically its not genetic but you have to take drugs to grow tall. i may be retarded but it doesnt add up bro

its definitely genetic
Maybe it's because he didn't put enough espace , but i barely read the whole stuff because it was too bulky...And mb for that
Basically he stated that in nature it's genetic but you can use some " boosts"=> drugs when your growth plates are still open to gain some inches.

Last edited:
M

MitDenJungs

Lowiqcel
Maybe it's because he didn't put enough espace , but i barely read the whole stuff because it was too bulky...And mb for that
Basically he stated that in nature it's genetic but you can use some " boosts"=> drugs when your growth plates are still open to gain some inches.
I
well title does not add up. hes right though

CarlSagan96

CarlSagan96

Elementalist
Bumping this to re-open the discussion about the viability of heightmaxxing. I will make a different thread with my hypothesis on this later today

x30001

x30001

Zephir
Bumping this to re-open the discussion about the viability of heightmaxxing. I will make a different thread with my hypothesis on this later today
Wtf I'm mentioned in the OP? I don't hate Wincel and don't know why he'd think that back at the beginning on February 2019 when I didn't even post. I didn't even make a post in this thread. It'd be hard for me to be objective about this shit if I was short. This is just a case of where you can't change fact with emotion. Like I don't disagree that HGH can enlarge your hands, feet, skull, nose. It can.

PS: I don't hate Wincel lol. Maybe he hates me and obviously thinks I'm "one of his haters". But no, I'm just not one of his haters because I don't "hate" him. See how that WORKS? See how "heightmaxing" DOESNT WORK? Believing in things is cool. But don't let all this affect your mental health. This whole thing is like chasing a non-entity. It's just a matter of time until people realise they're wasting their time and emotions. I hope EC and Wincel left this forum because they realised that, and hope they're doing good.

jefferson

jefferson

Zephir
Wtf I'm mentioned in the OP? I don't hate Wincel and don't know why he'd think that back at the beginning on February 2019 when I didn't even post. I didn't even make a post in this thread. It'd be hard for me to be objective about this shit if I was short. This is just a case of where you can't change fact with emotion. Like I don't disagree that HGH can enlarge your hands, feet, skull, nose. It can.

PS: I don't hate Wincel lol. Maybe he hates me and obviously thinks I'm "one of his haters". But no, I'm just not one of his haters because I don't "hate" him. See how that WORKS? See how "heightmaxing" DOESNT WORK? Believing in things is cool. But don't let all this affect your mental health. This whole thing is like chasing a non-entity. It's just a matter of time until people realise they're wasting their time and emotions. I hope EC and Wincel left this forum because they realised that, and hope they're doing good.
When it comes to the whole height maxing thing I believe it is possible but not feasible or worth the side effects for most people. And you have to start very young. Which is part of the reason it isn't feasible.

ElephantMan

ElephantMan

Adept
this is pure cope. height is almost 100% genetics. sometimes short parents can produce tall children, but that doesn't disprove anything since it's the mixing of the genes that determines a person's final height. so if your tall parents happen to carry short genes that didn't express in their lifetime, but got passed down to you and then expressed, you become a short fuck. of course it's more likely that you end up short if you have short parents because they would be carrying more of those short genes. it's all about probabilities game.

Gudru

Gudru

Making my dreams come true
this is pure cope. height is almost 100% genetics. sometimes short parents can produce tall children, but that doesn't disprove anything since it's the mixing of the genes that determines a person's final height. so if your tall parents happen to carry short genes that didn't express in their lifetime, but got passed down to you and then expressed, you become a short fuck. of course it's more likely that you end up short if you have short parents because they would be carrying more of those short genes. it's all about probabilities game.
So fucking this

It’s genetic

J

justanothergymcell

Gymcelling oldcell surgeryceller
Scientists have studied why the Dutch are the tallest people in the world and guess what - it's because breeding habits over the centuries have preferred taller mates to reproduce in what has been a relatively homogeneous population (before Europe had mass immigration as it does now). The truth is that barring gross malnutrition, height is almost purely genetics and you would only be 1 inch shorter or taller because of external or environmental factors.

Gudru

Gudru

Making my dreams come true
Scientists have studied why the Dutch are the tallest people in the world and guess what - it's because breeding habits over the centuries have preferred taller mates to reproduce in what has been a relatively homogeneous population (before Europe had mass immigration as it does now). The truth is that barring gross malnutrition, height is almost purely genetics and you would only be 1 inch shorter or taller because of external or environmental factors.
Dutch guy here, this is true. Manlets simply didn't get to reproduce as much. Brutal blackpill

Viewing This Thread (Looksmaxers: 0, Bluepilled: 1)