Is height genetic?

thing is, there isn't such thing as a "tall gene". HMGA2 is the only real gene that has has been discovered to impact height dependent on it's encoding, and that's by like 0.3 of an inch, crazy shit. Height is completely and utterly random for the most part, your parents being tall doesn't mean anything, nor does your parents being short mean you're going to also end up short, I know many people who are all over 6ft with parents in the 5'5-5'8 range. BMP's and GDF's are growth factors that greatly impact bone growth in a particular sequence, cartilage tissue (the precursor to bone) primarily made up of chondrogenic cells are effected by growth factors, the growth factors cause the chondrocytes to proliferate, hypertrophy and eventually differentiate into bone tissue, then the osteoblastic and osteoclastic activity within the newly formed bone tissue upregulate due to the high abundance of growth factors such as BMP's GDF's FGF's and IGF's influencing ossification of the bone, all growth factors, and their respective receptors are encoded by genes, genes in which aren't always influenced by your father and mother. It's completely random, diet and sleep doesn't have much of an influence on height (albeit it would if you were starved and sleep-deprived).

There are *HUNDREDS* of genes that control height not ONE, each with a tiny effect size on the overall final phenotype (in that case adult height). Read that again. NOT ONE. HUNDREDS. How do we know? GWAS and Mendelian randomization. Case closed. / end thread

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, TheAscendedOne, Seth Walsh and 4 others
Dutch guy here, this is true. Manlets simply didn't get to reproduce as much. Brutal blackpill

How much of a preference do Dutch women have for tall men?
I used to think that if you're tall it's more advantageous to associate with shorter ethnic groups because you'll heightmog everyone but then I worked at Brazilian parties and the 5'5 guys just end up getting the 5'1 women
Now I think it's better to associate with groups where the women's height cut off is higher because then you'll have less GL manlets occupying the women's time

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 685
There are *HUNDREDS* of genes that control height not ONE, each with a tiny effect size in the final phenotype (in that case adult height). Read that again. NOT ONE. HUNDREDS. How do we know? GWAS and Mendelian randomization. Case closed. / end thread
I'm a certified endocrinologist, who are you?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Growth Plate and TheAscendedOne
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 2756
Postdoctoral fellow at the world's best cancer hospital
I'm taking the piss, I know that you're a doctor, I aspire to also get a degree in medicine.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne
How much of a preference do Dutch women have for tall men?
I used to think that if you're tall it's more advantageous to associate with shorter ethnic groups because you'll heightmog everyone but then I worked at Brazilian parties and the 5'5 guys just end up getting the 5'1 women
Now I think it's better to associate with groups where the women's height cut off is higher because then you'll have less GL manlets occupying the women's time
Crazy preference. It's extremely important.

• +1
Crazy preference. It's extremely important.

After surgery I'd like to relocate there and go to Hardstyle events every few weeks
I can't live there with a recessed maxilla
Every Dutch guy has a projecting midface like this

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 685
After surgery I'd like to relocate there and go to Hardstyle events every few weeks
I can't live there with a recessed maxilla
Every Dutch guy has a projecting midface like this

View attachment 310454
Nah bro most are pretty recessed lol

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Alexanderr
  • +1
its almost entirely genetic

• +1
The muh environment cope back at it again

• +1
Alright, I feel the study(ies) done to show that height is 60-80% genetic is fucking bullshit. They used separated identical twins but their nutrition wasn't that different. So I'm gonna buy a pair of identical twins from the deep web and then I will raise one on my heightmaxing stack and a carnivorous diet (that IGF-1 boy) and then put them on Letrozole when they're 16 so they can grow until they're 25 and one of my haters (DrTony, x30001, anyone who likes them, etc.) will take the other twin and raise him on a healthy vegan soylent based diet which is peak nutrition according to your (((doctor))) (and shouldn't stunt growth at all) and tell them that everything is genetic. We'll see which one's kid mogs the shit out of the other at the end. The point of this dumbass thread is: 1. Height is not 100% genetic, even your mainstream medical sources disagree with you. 2. Any figures for genetic influence over height like 60%, 80%, 86%, were not studied with drug enhanced hormone secretion. It is less than 60%. Genetics are not fucking real, at least they don't work how you think they do. Scientists have found over 800 genes related to height and the influence each one of them has is incredibly minuscule. Stop promoting a theory as fact (a debunked theory by the way) with your undeserved credibility to hold back the scientific process. You should be banned for misinformation TBH.

Edit for people just reading my thread now: It took me being a bit of a dumbass (more than I usually am, I mostly try to keep things high quality so you all think I'm a genius or some shit) and arguing with people to get this point sorted out but this is my new argument: Height in nature IS genetics and nutrition, but when we go outside of it with drugs and disorders it is very clear that there is no genetic LIMIT on height. Genetic influence sure, but no limits. Want to grow taller? Follow my stack and have open growth plates. Your genes become less important the more you increase height through unnatural methods such as growth hormone peptides and AIs.
I'm 185 and almost 30yo, can I still grow a few inches? Do you think my growth plates are still open doc?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: reptiles, TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 4946
There are *HUNDREDS* of genes that control height not ONE, each with a tiny effect size on the overall final phenotype (in that case adult height). Read that again. NOT ONE. HUNDREDS. How do we know? GWAS and Mendelian randomization. Case closed. / end thread
So this is the dumbass we keep hearing about, ill make it very clear to y'all why we don't see some guys growing only 1 inch or something like that on HGH, 1. they probs ain't taking AI as well or 2. the dosage of GH they're getting is enough to put them in normal range super-physiological dosages of HGH have been shown in a trial for ISS to make the ones who got 12 IU per day to get basically 5 inches taller than the control group with no GH treatment, your evidence doesn't match up Tony, genetics vs nutrition is a COMPLETELY different story to genetics vs drugs specifically chosen and cycled to enhance growth, anyway the drugs we are taking is changing up stuff the genetics control anyway for height.

Don't make the dumb excuse that apparently Messi had HGH treatment and the so called 'best doctors in barcelona were trying to make him as tall as possbile' Don't even get me started on how much false info is put in this one sentence alone. As he was GH deficient the doctor's only objective was to make him have normal HGH and IGF-1 levels, they weren't trying to make him as 'tall as possible for the barcelona club' if they did show some motherfucking evidence. Any doctor who prescribes GH to a gh deficient kid isn't trying to make them have super physiological levels of GH like we are doing to ourselves, Nonetheless keep in mind with messi's normal dose of GH he was originally predicted to be like 4'10 or something without it but even with the normal dose he made it to 5'7.

As for that BS that HGH only works on HGH deficient kids, anyone who supports this idea should just straight up rope, at this point your IQ has reached such a low point in this world that simple theory no longer works for you!

Source: 'Eighty eight of our children (68 males and 20 females) attained an adult height or near adult height of -0.71 SDS (0.74 SD) (95% CI, -0.87 to -0.55) with a benefit over untreated controls of 9.5 cm (7.4 to 11.6 cm) for males and 8.6 cm (6.7 to 10.5 cm) for females.'

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: FreakkForLife, TheAscendedOne and Seth Walsh
Well i have changed my mind dramatically, @DrTony was right after all on the DNA limits of height increase and how HGH will only make you get to your genetic potential, BUT he was wrong in saying we can't do anything about that with drugs and supplements. Tony I suggest you look into epigenetics and this study: https://joe.bioscientifica.com/view/journals/joe/186/1/1860241.xml

It takes too long for me to regurgitate information on demand.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: S ݁݁, Deleted member 6401, TheAscendedOne and 1 other person
thing is, there isn't such thing as a "tall gene". HMGA2 is the only real gene that has has been discovered to impact height dependent on it's encoding, and that's by like 0.3 of an inch, crazy shit. Height is completely and utterly random for the most part, your parents being tall doesn't mean anything, nor does your parents being short mean you're going to also end up short, I know many people who are all over 6ft with parents in the 5'5-5'8 range. BMP's and GDF's are growth factors that greatly impact bone growth in a particular sequence, cartilage tissue (the precursor to bone) primarily made up of chondrogenic cells are effected by growth factors, the growth factors cause the chondrocytes to proliferate, hypertrophy and eventually differentiate into bone tissue, then the osteoblastic and osteoclastic activity within the newly formed bone tissue upregulate due to the high abundance of growth factors such as BMP's GDF's FGF's and IGF's influencing ossification of the bone, all growth factors, and their respective receptors are encoded by genes, genes in which aren't always influenced by your father and mother. It's completely random, diet and sleep doesn't have much of an influence on height (albeit it would if you were starved and sleep-deprived).
If it’s completely random, how come people with tall parents and tall siblings are more likely to be tall?

• +1
Reactions: S ݁݁, Deleted member 6401 and TheAscendedOne
Why care about height when it's all about face?

• +1
Reactions: S ݁݁ and Deleted member 6401
So this is the dumbass we keep hearing about, ill make it very clear to y'all why we don't see some guys growing only 1 inch or something like that on HGH, 1. they probs ain't taking AI as well or 2. the dosage of GH they're getting is enough to put them in normal range super-physiological dosages of HGH have been shown in a trial for ISS to make the ones who got 12 IU per day to get basically 5 inches taller than the control group with no GH treatment, your evidence doesn't match up Tony, genetics vs nutrition is a COMPLETELY different story to genetics vs drugs specifically chosen and cycled to enhance growth, anyway the drugs we are taking is changing up stuff the genetics control anyway for height.

Don't make the dumb excuse that apparently Messi had HGH treatment and the so called 'best doctors in barcelona were trying to make him as tall as possbile' Don't even get me started on how much false info is put in this one sentence alone. As he was GH deficient the doctor's only objective was to make him have normal HGH and IGF-1 levels, they weren't trying to make him as 'tall as possible for the barcelona club' if they did show some motherfucking evidence. Any doctor who prescribes GH to a gh deficient kid isn't trying to make them have super physiological levels of GH like we are doing to ourselves, Nonetheless keep in mind with messi's normal dose of GH he was originally predicted to be like 4'10 or something without it but even with the normal dose he made it to 5'7.

As for that BS that HGH only works on HGH deficient kids, anyone who supports this idea should just straight up rope, at this point your IQ has reached such a low point in this world that simple theory no longer works for you!

Source: 'Eighty eight of our children (68 males and 20 females) attained an adult height or near adult height of -0.71 SDS (0.74 SD) (95% CI, -0.87 to -0.55) with a benefit over untreated controls of 9.5 cm (7.4 to 11.6 cm) for males and 8.6 cm (6.7 to 10.5 cm) for females.'

Dr. Tony is a cancer doctor for one of the most reputable cancer hospitals in the world.
you're a 15-year-old kid who keeps peptides in his shoe-box.

I'm pretty sure he understands human anatomy more than you.
If it’s completely random, how come people with tall parents and tall siblings are more likely to be tall?
what about the kids who are 6'5 with 5'7 parents?
it's not a genetic anomaly, because in all seriousness what defines a 'genetic anomaly'?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 4946
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 3043
sugar and meat.

just eat food.
are fatcel,ie those eating more than needed sugar and meat, more prone to be taller or there is a genetical limit whatsoever?

• +1
are fatcel,ie those eating more than needed sugar and meat, more prone to be taller or there is a genetical limit whatsoever?
fatcels shouldn't be looksmaxxing they should be ropemaxxing.

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 6401, Blackout.xl and 2 others
fatcels shouldn't be looksmaxxing they should be ropemaxxing.
i mean during puberty. it's definitively to be one post puberty

• +1
Dr. Tony is a cancer doctor for one of the most reputable cancer hospitals in the world.
you're a 15-year-old kid who keeps peptides in his shoe-box.

I'm pretty sure he understands human anatomy more than you.

what about the kids who are 6'5 with 5'7 parents?
it's not a genetic anomaly, because in all seriousness what defines a 'genetic anomaly'?
in case you didn't notice i did write another post on here giving him credit

• +1
Can fapping stunt your growth?

Nostalgic thread

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2756
Height is not primarily genetic and we don't know.

I certainly need NO validation from teenagers. I have got more than plenty of that in my life. And yes GWAS studies suggest that a large variance is explained by genes alone. As with all complex phenotypic traits, environment plays a role too. Intervening with GH when epiphyseal plates are open (while no GH deficiency) has not been show to increase adult height as the rate limiting step here is how many division cycles your chondrocyte progenitors in your epiphyseal plates have before they become full differentiated into bone (perhaps genetically determined) and "ossify" as we say
you even admitted yourself there is a limited amount of chondrocyte differentiation and division cycles, can be easily sustained with hypermethylation why didn't you refer to it as senescence?
Can fapping stunt your growth?
yes

Last edited:
Wincel from bb.com?

I just wanted to share this graph.

Attachments

• asdfasdf.jpg
    asdfasdf.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 25
you even admitted yourself there is a limited amount of chondrocyte differentiation and division cycles, can be easily sustained with hypermethylation why didn't you refer to it as senescence?

yes
He wants you on SSRIS

yes
can nofap unstunt?

• +1
Reactions: Bromose