Is height genetic?

Wincel

Wincel

Zephir
Alright, I feel the study(ies) done to show that height is 60-80% genetic is fucking bullshit. They used separated identical twins but their nutrition wasn't that different. So I'm gonna buy a pair of identical twins from the deep web and then I will raise one on my heightmaxing stack and a carnivorous diet (that IGF-1 boy) and then put them on Letrozole when they're 16 so they can grow until they're 25 and one of my haters (DrTony, x30001, anyone who likes them, etc.) will take the other twin and raise him on a healthy vegan soylent based diet which is peak nutrition according to your (((doctor))) (and shouldn't stunt growth at all) and tell them that everything is genetic. We'll see which one's kid mogs the shit out of the other at the end. The point of this dumbass thread is: 1. Height is not 100% genetic, even your mainstream medical sources disagree with you. 2. Any figures for genetic influence over height like 60%, 80%, 86%, were not studied with drug enhanced hormone secretion. It is less than 60%. Genetics are not fucking real, at least they don't work how you think they do. Scientists have found over 800 genes related to height and the influence each one of them has is incredibly minuscule. Stop promoting a theory as fact (a debunked theory by the way) with your undeserved credibility to hold back the scientific process. You should be banned for misinformation TBH.

Edit for people just reading my thread now: It took me being a bit of a dumbass (more than I usually am, I mostly try to keep things high quality so you all think I'm a genius or some shit) and arguing with people to get this point sorted out but this is my new argument: Height in nature IS genetics and nutrition, but when we go outside of it with drugs and disorders it is very clear that there is no genetic LIMIT on height. Genetic influence sure, but no limits. Want to grow taller? Follow my stack and have open growth plates. Your genes become less important the more you increase height through unnatural methods such as growth hormone peptides and AIs.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, thecel, Mouthbreath and 24 others
tldr

But yes, height is genetics.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: karbo, dan, EthnicelAscension and 8 others
Alright, I feel the study(ies) done to show that height is 60-80% genetic is fucking bullshit. They used separated identical twins but their nutrition wasn't that different. So I'm gonna buy a pair of identical twins from the deep web and then I will raise one on my heightmaxing stack and a carnivorous diet (that IGF-1 boy) and then put them on Letrozole when they're 16 so they can grow until they're 25 and one of my haters (DrTony, x30001, anyone who likes them, etc.) will take the other twin and raise him on a healthy vegan soylent based diet which is peak nutrition according to your (((doctor))) (and shouldn't stunt growth at all) and tell them that everything is genetic. We'll see which one's kid mogs the shit out of the other at the end. The point of this dumbass thread is: 1. Height is not 100% genetic, even your mainstream medical sources disagree with you. 2. Any figures for genetic influence over height like 60%, 80%, 86%, were not studied with drug enhanced hormone secretion. It is less than 60%. Genetics are not fucking real, at least they don't work how you think they do. Scientists have found over 800 genes related to height and the influence each one of them has is incredibly minuscule. Stop promoting a theory as fact (a debunked theory by the way) with your undeserved credibility to hold back the scientific process. You should be banned for misinformation TBH.

motavation

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Fiqh, TheAscendedOne, Deleted member 2607 and 1 other person
genetic influence up to a point, may be 80%
im the tallest in my manlet family, simply because i have different diet, i avoided veggies my whole life...

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and BackFromTheMogging
I was literally starved as a child and im 6 1

• +1
Reactions: Fiqh, maxlooks, TheAscendedOne and 1 other person
genetic influence up to a point, may be 80%
im the tallest in my manlet family, simply because i have different diet, i avoided veggies my whole life...
They haven't found enough height genes to conclude that. You maxed your height by not eating plants but if we did a trial with twins and maxed their height with drugs I'd bet my life its a whole lot fucking lower than 80%. They say its genetics vs nutrition but they refuse to look at genetics vs hormones.
I was literally starved as a child and im 6 1
Could've been 6'10. I do not disagree that nutrition is pretty minuscule, but hormones and mineral consumption or some shit seem to be more likely a bigger deal then calories.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Inscol, TheAscendedOne, randomguy1235 and 2 others
Yes bro

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, Deleted member 2227 and beyourself
That Chinese nba player was a Chinese experiment where his father and mother’s families were tracked and monitored for two generations. They got the tallest woman in China with the tallest male and “encouraged” them to breed. Naturally the kid was tall af. It’s genetics for the most part, don’t kid yourself, kid.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'8manlet, TheAscendedOne, Deleted member 2227 and 2 others
They haven't found enough height genes to conclude that. You maxed your height by not eating plants but if we did a trial with twins and maxed their height with drugs I'd bet my life its a whole lot fucking lower than 80%. They say its genetics vs nutrition but they refuse to look at genetics vs hormones.

Could've been 6'10
Theres no way in hell i would of been 6 10 if i wasnt starved as a kid.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 2227
Theres no way in hell i would of been 6 10 if i wasnt starved as a kid.
Yeah I edited my post. My point is drugs make everything possible.
That Chinese nba player was a Chinese experiment where his father and mother’s families were tracked and monitored for two generations. They got the tallest woman in China with the tallest male and “encouraged” them to breed. Naturally the kid was tall af. It’s genetics for the most part, don’t kid yourself, kid.
I'm talking about genetics vs drugs not genetics vs nutrition. This chinese boy had a genetic advantage but this thing blamed for height "genetics" is both genetics and the hormones genetics produce, and we can raise hormones outside of genetics. Obviously tall parents mostly equal tall kids and short parents mostly equal short kids, but we can chemically turn a short kid into a tall kid or a tall kid into a short kid. Genetics are not as powerful as people think, there are no limits.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, randomguy1235, Usum and 3 others

I'm talking about genetics vs drugs not genetics vs nutrition. This chinese boy had a genetic advantage but this thing blamed for height "genetics" is both genetics and the hormones genetics produce, and we can raise hormones outside of genetics. Obviously tall parents mostly equal tall kids and short parents mostly equal short kids, but we can chemically turn a short kid into a tall kid or a tall kid into a short kid. Genetics are not as powerful as people think, there are no limits.
Not sure if its a growth spurt but i remember back when i was in 4th grade i was the shortest in my class (barely ate)

But after my parents noticed and i started getting more food i immediately became taller in 5th and was one of the tallest in 6th

Also i started puberty in the end of 7th grade or 8th (forgot which)

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Wincel

No old sport you’re a very high IQ poster here and I respect you but your wrong on this. Genetics set the limit. There’s a reason why sons look like ether fathers and grandfathers and daughters look similar to their mothers in some instances. There’s a reason why the Massai tribe of Africa is freakishly tall and the Pygmy tribe is very short. Yes there can be exceptions to the rule with short parents having tall kid. But I’ve seen brothers where one is 6”2 and the other 5”8. Same lifestyle just a slightly different genetic build.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, randomguy1235, Deleted member 2227 and 3 others
I was malnourished for the first 6 months of my life and didn’t really have much good food till I was a bit older. stop forcing this environment meme on incels and giving them a reason to cope.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, Deleted member 2227, Vaptor and 5 others
Yes bro. My family is tall and I’m tall too. That’s how it goes.

There are anomalies though.

• +1
I was malnourished for the first 6 months of my life and didn’t really have much good food till I was a bit older. stop forcing this environment meme on incels and giving them a reason to cope.
Environment not so much unless we're talking extended periods of starvation or something. But hormones maybe.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne
It might be true i remember my brother eating shit like chips soda and i had a much better diet now im taller than him at 5 years younger

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and TheAscendedOne
No old sport you’re a very high IQ poster here and I respect you but your wrong on this. Genetics set the limit. There’s a reason why sons look like ether fathers and grandfathers and daughters look similar to their mothers in some instances. There’s a reason why the Massai tribe of Africa is freakishly tall and the Pygmy tribe is very short. Yes there can be exceptions to the rule with short parents having tall kid. But I’ve seen brothers where one is 6”2 and the other 5”8. Same lifestyle just a slightly different genetic build.
I'm talking about height so remove the looks example, yes facial features are genetic (or we'll say that, this example with people looking like their parents is actually not entirely features but also facial expressions that get picked up) So prove that there are genes that HALT I guess "unnatural" (HGH injections) height increase and I'll concede, but otherwise you just have a theory. Different tribes, another weak example. Different lifestyles. Doesn't disprove my theory if they are living very similar lifestyles though. My height increase methods go beyond nature.
"enviornment" as in injecting yourself with HGH, never.

• JFL
  • +1
there is actually a disease cause you to keep growing taller,
may be somehow there is a way to manipulate it to get the height we want

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, chadpreetcel123 and Wincel
there is actually a disease cause you to keep growing taller,
may be somehow there is a way to manipulate it to get the height we want
I think you mean a tumor up against the pituitary, yes. An example that disproves a genetic "limit." I should probably reword my points in my original post that there is no blueprint or limit, not that genetics don't have that much of an effect within natural environments.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 1973
I'm talking about height so remove the looks example, yes facial features are genetic (or we'll say that, this example with people looking like their parents is actually not entirely features but also facial expressions that get picked up) So prove that there are genes that HALT I guess "unnatural" (HGH injections) height increase and I'll concede, but otherwise you just have a theory. Different tribes, another weak example. Different lifestyles. Doesn't disprove my theory if they are living very similar lifestyles though. My height increase methods go beyond nature.

"enviornment" as in injecting yourself with HGH, never.
It also depends on how mixed the genes are ig. If u got a linage of short niggas no amount of milk and hgh will help with minor outliers being the exception

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 4946
Look at the evolution of the average height throughout the last century. It's obviously cause of external factors (nutrition, sexual selection, exercises perhaps, etc). So, yes, genetics is the biggest part for sure, but there's significantly contribution of external factors. Almost every 15 yo today heights mogs me. The easy access of "good' food and the culture of building muscle surely has something to do with this.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, randomguy1235, Gaia262 and 1 other person
It also depends on how mixed the genes are ig. If u got a linage of short niggas no amount of milk and hgh will help with minor outliers being the exception
Genetics create (some) height but they do not inhibit it.

• +1
I think you mean a tumor up against the pituitary, yes. An example that disproves a genetic "limit." I should probably reword my points in my original post that there is no blueprint or limit, not that genetics don't have that much of an effect within natural environments.
Hmmmm maybe your right.
Never thought I’d spend today getting proven wrong by some 17 year old punk on the internet. You might be right old sport I’m gonna look into this

• +1
Mostly but environment is very important too ex exercise and shit

• +1
People are missing the point of the thread that DRUGS will change your final height.
As proven by numerous studies involving HGH and AIs.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, RAITEIII, randomguy1235 and 6 others
No man

• +1
Yes and drugs
Yeah HGH is really OP which is why pure HGH is so expensive. And the shit about "dur hur it only helps get to your genetic limit" is BS like people with AP tumors grow to be over 7 foot and the hgh from that surely isn't more than pharma grade hgh

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, randomguy1235 and Wincel
Yeah HGH is really OP which is why pure HGH is so expensive. And the shit about "dur hur it only helps get to your genetic limit" is BS like people with AP tumors grow to be over 7 foot and the hgh from that surely isn't more than pharma grade hgh
jew doctors stuck that dumb idea in normie brains, height is not genetic, take AI and hgh and ull keep growing past that genetic copelimit, i have a cousin who is 6'6 and his parents are 5'8 max, no one in the family is close to 6'2
NO ONE in the entire family tree. inb4 the soume uncle was tall cope

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, randomguy1235, Chadelite and 3 others
jew doctors stuck that dumb idea in normie brains, height is not genetic, take AI and hgh and ull keep growing past that genetic copelimit, i have a cousin who is 6'6 and his parents are 5'8 max, no one in the family is close to 6'2
NO ONE in the entire family tree. inb4 the soume uncle was tall cope
How the fuck did he hit 6'6? What is ai? Aromitase inhib?

• +1
How the fuck did he hit 6'6? What is ai? Aromitase inhib?
yes, he hit 6'6 SOMEHOW, i have no idea why, he isnt even a framecel, he'ls probably 22" or more

• +1
yes, he hit 6'6 SOMEHOW, i have no idea why, he isnt even a framecel, he'ls probably 22" or more
That's crazy wtf. I think I'm that anomaly. My family is ALL under 6' except me and my brothersand sister

• +1
Explains everything
The actor has appealed to thieves to return sentimental items 365372

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, Deleted member 2227 and JovanD
Everything is environment. the only thing that genetics determines is your skin colour and phenotype

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, Deleted member 4946 and mattzdeb
Yes there can be exceptions to the rule with short parents having tall kid
Might be because of the poor nutrition of the earlier generations.

• +1
Height can definitely be influenced, but only for the wealthy and their monetary interests.
I copied and pasted this from an old bb.com thread so expect errors.

"Dennis Rodman - He was 5'6 in high school. Then at the age of 19, he went from 5'9 to 6'8! Almost a foot! Growing pains....ouch.
David Robinson - 5'9 his junior year of high school and 6'7 his senior year and then 7'0 in College.
Scottie Pippen - Entered college at 6'1. Final height? 6'8.
Michael Jordan- He grew from 5'10 to 6'3 from his sophmore to junior year in highschool. Final Height is 6'6. I also heard no one in his family is over 6'0, but that was from only one source so not sure.
Chris Anstey - Played tennis until age 17. Then started playing basketball and grew 7 inches. Final height was 7'0. Hmmm did he grow taller because of basketball?
Tim Duncan - Grew 8 inches in some of his highschool years and now maxes out at 6'11.
Lamar Odom - Was 6'2 as a highschool point guard. Out of nowhere he hit a huge growth spurt to 6'9.
Manu Ginobli - Hes from Argentina, a country whose average height is 5'8 1/2. Both of his brothers were late bloomers, and reached 6 ft in their teens. Manu was also a late bloomer and in two years, he shot up 10 inches from 5'8 to 6'6. "

I find it hard to believe all these late growth spurts also were a coincidence.
"Then started playing basketball and grew 7 inches"
@Wincel
Thoughts?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Fiqh, AscendingHero, TheAscendedOne and 2 others
Height can definitely be influenced, but only for the wealthy and their monetary interests.
I copied and pasted this from an old bb.com thread so expect errors.

"Dennis Rodman - He was 5'6 in high school. Then at the age of 19, he went from 5'9 to 6'8! Almost a foot! Growing pains....ouch.
David Robinson - 5'9 his junior year of high school and 6'7 his senior year and then 7'0 in College.
Scottie Pippen - Entered college at 6'1. Final height? 6'8.
Michael Jordan- He grew from 5'10 to 6'3 from his sophmore to junior year in highschool. Final Height is 6'6. I also heard no one in his family is over 6'0, but that was from only one source so not sure.
Chris Anstey - Played tennis until age 17. Then started playing basketball and grew 7 inches. Final height was 7'0. Hmmm did he grow taller because of basketball?
Tim Duncan - Grew 8 inches in some of his highschool years and now maxes out at 6'11.
Lamar Odom - Was 6'2 as a highschool point guard. Out of nowhere he hit a huge growth spurt to 6'9.
Manu Ginobli - Hes from Argentina, a country whose average height is 5'8 1/2. Both of his brothers were late bloomers, and reached 6 ft in their teens. Manu was also a late bloomer and in two years, he shot up 10 inches from 5'8 to 6'6. "

I find it hard to believe all these late growth spurts also were a coincidence.
"Then started playing basketball and grew 7 inches"
@Wincel
Thoughts?
My thoughts

"Basketball increases HGH" I think is cope because other sports/activities do as well but we don't see these spurts happen commonly enough

Micro-fracture theory is a better possibility as certain sports seem to give people longer limbs depending on which ones they apply the most force to. Tennis players have a longer arm than the other rather than longer arms in general (could be baseball players though I forgot) so this one cannot be said to be "they play that sport BECAUSE they have longer arms than most people, the sport doesn't give them that trait" because the arm with the most micro fracturing being applied gets longer than the other which isn't found in normal people

On the skeptical side:
These examples though are of FAMOUS basketball players, of course a disproportionate amount of people with crazy growth spurts end up in the highest league because the tallest people usually have better growth spurts and height is very important for basketball in general, so "they play basketball because they are tall not that they get tall because they play basketball" could be applied here. Also I thought dennis rodman was playing basketball way before he got his growth spurt.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, randomguy1235, Deleted member 2227 and 1 other person
Nobody is looking at replies without relevant literature. I mean no relevant normal functioning human adult with a working brain. I just completely skip all answers without evidence...

I also laugh at reverse causality anecdotes misconstrued as straight causality

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, Deleted member 2095, Deleted member 2227 and 2 others
Tennis players have a longer arm than the other rather than longer arms in general (could be baseball players though I forgot) so this one cannot be said to be
not longer, one is just more muscular

• +1
  • +1
Well I'm not going to pay to read this article but from the abstract sure this makes my original claim seem retarded, which is why I added the second claim which is what I was actually trying to say.
Yeah we don't know how heritable height is in a GH treated population. The population of all these studies have been normal people. Also in most hgh studies, the doctors probably didn't use high enough dosages out of safety and desire to stay within a normal height range.

• +1
I have access to full paper from all journals as I am a working scientist

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, Deleted member 3043 and Deleted member 2227
My mommy calls me special so we're even.

Unless this wasn't just a pure brag, then I don't want to see the full paper because it only disproves the argument of mine which I agree was wrong, not the point of my argument which is that height can be increased unnaturally and there is no genetic limit, just genetic suggestion.

• +1
My mommy calls me special so we're even.

Unless this wasn't just a pure brag, then I don't want to see the full paper because it only disproves the argument of mine which I agree was wrong, not the point of my argument which is that height can be increased unnaturally and there is no genetic limit, just genetic suggestion.
sci-hub.tw for normies btw

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: FreakkForLife, Deleted member 2227, TheAscendedOne and 2 others
I certainly need NO validation from teenagers. I have got more than plenty of that in my life. And yes GWAS studies suggest that a large variance is explained by genes alone. As with all complex phenotypic traits, environment plays a role too. Intervening with GH when epiphyseal plates are open (while no GH deficiency) has not been show to increase adult height as the rate limiting step here is how many division cycles your chondrocyte progenitors in your epiphyseal plates have before they become full differentiated into bone (perhaps genetically determined) and "ossify" as we say

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • Ugh..
Reactions: FreakkForLife, TheAscendedOne, randomguy1235 and 4 others