is it true you have wear braces to allign your teeth then you can get jaw surgery?

ZUZZCEL

ZUZZCEL

Banned
my orthodontist told me u have to wear braces first before the surgery and it might take a year+ to allign them?

can someone verify if this is true?>

orthodontists are scam artists

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome, Stare, Xenian and 2 others
Yh it's true. My orthodontist offered me a jaw surgery appointment only after I was done with my year of braces

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
my orthodontist told me u have to wear braces first before the surgery and it might take a year+ to allign them?

can someone verify if this is true?>
prob just silly jew tactics to reap you of ur cash, but its better than getting braces after cuz braces have a chance of disfiguring ur face. I was decent looking as a child n braces turned me into a mouthbreathing recessed chin ogre.

prob just silly jew tactics to reap you of ur cash, but its better than getting braces after cuz braces have a chance of disfiguring ur face. I was decent looking as a child n braces turned me into a mouthbreathing recessed chin ogre.
Did you have extractions? They only incelify you if you have extractions I belive.

Did you have extractions? They only incelify you if you have extractions I belive.
acc nvrmind im low iq. no extractions, but i was turned ogre cuz braces turned me into a mouthbreather. Should be fine if you're done growing, but if you get traditional metal braces around the teeth your lips will probably swell more during the duration and you'll have a fish face for a couple weeks.

acc nvrmind im low iq. no extractions, but i was turned ogre cuz braces turned me into a mouthbreather. Should be fine if you're done growing, but if you get traditional metal braces around the teeth your lips will probably swell more during the duration and you'll have a fish face for a couple weeks.
I just dont get how braces cause mouthbreathing. Harry Styles, Chico, Bieber, etc all had braces

I just dont get how braces cause mouthbreathing. Harry Styles, Chico, Bieber, etc all had braces
idk tho but i know it does cause a lot of people to mouthbreathe. I would assume they got it later or already had a good oral posture already. I come from a family of apes that have no manners so when i started mouthbreathing no one called me out on it. Also it probably depends on the shape of your face already. I have a tiny face so the braces took up most of the room there, and it was hard for me to close my mouth too cuz i had an overbite causing my teeth to hit the braces, so mouthbreathing was just a natural thing. Also prob cuz of a social thing, im guessing most people want to hide their braces in public, but i was too socially retarded so i didn't care about hiding my braces.

it depends on the surgeon + the patient + the surgical plan

"surgery first" concept has been around for a while and growing in popularity for obvious reasons, but it is mainly a thing in europe and asia. Surgery first, and then braces or even no braces as the case may be. Almost any surgeon is bound to be familiar with this method, and some its a large part of their marketing (Hernandez Alfaro for example) citing quicker turn around times, but others don't like it and feel it is less predictable. If the bite is normal before surgery, it is entirely possible to have jaw surgery and then not need braces at all.

I would also add, obviously if your primary contact point is an ortho, they're not going to be keen on this because it cuts them out of half of the process and potentially all of it.

You can get a sliding genioplasty or chin wing osteotomy without braces.

I took braces was offered a surgery that I accepted. Few months from now ill have it

it depends on the surgeon + the patient + the surgical plan

"surgery first" concept has been around for a while and growing in popularity for obvious reasons, but it is mainly a thing in europe and asia. Surgery first, and then braces or even no braces as the case may be. Almost any surgeon is bound to be familiar with this method, and some its a large part of their marketing (Hernandez Alfaro for example) citing quicker turn around times, but others don't like it and feel it is less predictable. If the bite is normal before surgery, it is entirely possible to have jaw surgery and then not need braces at all.

I would also add, obviously if your primary contact point is an ortho, they're not going to be keen on this because it cuts them out of half of the process and potentially all of it.
hmm interesting, but will that even work if I have a slight overbite (in the normal range)? Is jaw jutting an rough idea of my bite for a bsso?

hmm interesting, but will that even work if I have a slight overbite (in the normal range)?

I have no idea and any answer i could give you would be misleading at best. You need to consult with a maxfac