Is jutting your lower jaw a god indicator of what a bsso can do?

HumidVent

HumidVent

Zephir
I look significantly better when I'm jutting my jaw.

Technically yes. Not sure

It depends. I've tried jawjutting and I just look like an idiot with an underbite. It's just my chin that needs moved forward a bit.

If you look better jawjutting then I think it means your entire lower jaw is fucked up.

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
It depends. I've tried jawjutting and I just look like an idiot with an underbite. It's just my chin that needs moved forward a bit.

If you look better jawjutting then I think it means your entire lower jaw is fucked up.
This.
I guess you have an overbite

It depends. I've tried jawjutting and I just look like an idiot with an underbite.
that doesnt necessarily mean that your lower jaw isnt recessed, both of your jaws could be equally recessed

My chin and jaw look a lot stronger when jutting but I’d still need wraparound jaw implants for width and a bit for the chin

No. I am an expert on this, as I am now at a point in my orthodontics that my bite is between where it was and where it should be. So I slide my jaw forward manually for comfort, as my molars no longer touch.

Anyways, jut in the mirror and focus on your masseter. See how it widens your face in the hollow-cheek-desired area? See how you gain that width that distorts your ogee curve and natural contours of your bones? When you manually jut, you increase the sharpness of your gonion or whatever the angle/protrusion of your ramus is - and this looks nice. But it widens your cheeks/face in a place that isn't aesthetic. BSSO will give you the chin and hyoid position of your jut, but without widening your face. You only gain width on the absolute bottom line of your jaw - which will square off and masculinize your lower third.

TLDR; Jut simulates final position of your chin but ruins your harmony by widening cheeks. BSSO will be far superior.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: lookserumaxeru and Deleted member 4887