Is lateral zygo reduction the only way to improve ES ratio by the means of shaving bone from the side of my face?

Cutting zygo wont make your face narrower. Its not about zygo but cranium

Yeah, here we go. You can see the full extent of my fucked up ES here. Also, my nose doesn't look bulbous in this picture at all, and I still look like shit. @RealSurgerymax

You've sent me your pic, you look way to good to be on this forum mate.

@RealSurgerymax
Here's the close set eyes face man.

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
@RealSurgerymax
Here's the close set eyes face man.

I dont recommend Zygomatic Reduction.

I guess my question for you is how invasive of orbital surgery are you open to? (Meaning more recovery and RISK? Only YOU can decide if risk is worth it then some surgeons might also consider it reasonable (most won’t))

I've come to realization that the reason my face looks off to me in the mirror is because my face is too wide laterally. I'd look fine if I could remove about 3-5mms off each side, like zygo shaving. Problem is, my zygos barely protrude, maybe like 2 mms max. There is no possibility of further reduction than that, right? I'd have to shave the top side of my skull jfl

no such thing as too wide zygos, only two narrow bigonial width

I dont recommend Zygomatic Reduction.

I guess my question for you is how invasive of orbital surgery are you open to? (Meaning more recovery and RISK? Only YOU can decide if risk is worth it then some surgeons might also consider it reasonable (most won’t))
It's not like I can't live without having perfect ratios, it's not that big a deal tbh. I realized I can do a few other surgeries and still be happy. I'm not looking to become a model, but rather not to get this weird feeling of looking off when I see myself in the mirror. Let me know how your pfl expansion surgery is coming up, I'd be interested in that, if the risk of going blind or ending up with vision issues isn't huge. Could that surgery allow for the eyeballs to sort of move laterally, since the volume will have increased? Cheers

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanityForce, joseph and RealSurgerymax
It's not like I can't live without having perfect ratios, it's not that big a deal tbh. I realized I can do a few other surgeries and still be happy. I'm not looking to become a model, but rather not to get this weird feeling of looking off when I see myself in the mirror. Let me know how your pfl expansion surgery is coming up, I'd be interested in that, if the risk of going blind or ending up with vision issues isn't huge. Could that surgery allow for the eyeballs to sort of move laterally, since the volume will have increased? Cheers

Yes they move laterally! It changes PFL, IPD but not medial intercanthal distance

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Administrator, LebenistneHure, baruch and 1 other person
Yes they move laterally! It changes PFL, IPD but not medial intercanthal distance
can u move CCW up more? entirely?
CCW Rotation

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Maybe but that depends on your eye measurements not just your aesthetic desires
is it possible to increase bigonial width without the use of implants? also what would happen if u try to increase it? I heard if ur bigonial width goes farther than your zygos then it starts to look off?

is it possible to increase bigonial width without the use of implants? also what would happen if u try to increase it? I heard if ur bigonial width goes farther than your zygos then it starts to look off?
Yes with unstable and probably inaccurate osteotomies.

yes thats right

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172 and Wallenberg
Maybe but that depends on your eye measurements not just your aesthetic desires
I sent people pictures of my nose, eyes, and hairline they said they are decent

I think the problem is my strawberry chin and lip incompetence which is causing me to be unattractive and causing legitimate HEALTH problems (mouth breathing subhuman)

a person who on lookism who got jaw surgery by raffani had lip incompetence, recessed chin and 9mm lip gap just like me, said he got surgery and he looked much better and some people didnt recongize who he was

heres a link

he got

The surgery plan was (surgery first, as my occlusion was perfect due to past orthodontics and stayed the same):
-advance my mandible 11-12mm with the BSSO
-advance my chin 5mm (around a cut maybe 30° to the horizon, so a little bit of upward movement, too)
-advance my maxilla slightly (he showed me the plan but I did not ask for a copy, I only remember from my first consultation that he told me he will at most advance it 2mm as my upper lip area was already full looking)
-achieve CCW via both anterior impaction (I do not remember the number, my guess from photos would be maybe around 3mm) and posterior downward graft

• Lateral Orbital Wall Decompression + Medial Orbital Wall Bone Graft
Small chance you know but do you think they have to be done together? Or the eye socket will be too big after the lateral wall decompression and bone graft is needed to stabilize it. Don't really want to risk bone graft that sounds pretty hard to do.
Also what BOB cantho stands for?

Small chance you know but do you think they have to be done together? Yes Or the eye socket will be too big after the lateral wall decompression Exactly and bone graft is needed to stabilize it. Don't really want to risk bone graft that sounds pretty hard to do. It isnt it is a standard and simple technique.
Also what BOB cantho stands for? Bridge of Bone Canthoplasty
Answered in text

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
Answered in text
i tried reading yaremchuks paper on BOB cantho but i didnt understand a word tbh.
from what i could gather it looks the canthal tendons are secured(with wire) to orbital bone, stretching it.
from the pictures it looks like it could increase pfl. do you think it's a good surgery for one to increase pfl?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
i tried reading yaremchuks paper on BOB cantho but i didnt understand a word tbh.
from what i could gather it looks the canthal tendons are secured(with wire) to orbital bone, stretching it.
from the pictures it looks like it could increase pfl. do you think it's a good surgery for one to increase pfl?
View attachment 1091055
  • Whether it could minimally increase PFL depends on 2 factors:
    • Whether the lateral canthus was against the bridge of the bone to begin with or hangs off slightly (as in some people genetically and as happens with aging)
    • The shape of your orbits. To explain this in less of a vague way picture 3 landmarks:
      1. Medial Canthus (MC)
      2. Old Lateral Canthus (LC1)
      3. New Lateral Canthal Position after surgical repositioning (LC2)
        • In some people MC-LC1 will be a longer distance. In others MC-LC2 will be a slightly longer distance...
  • So the bottom line with these factors considered is that in most younger patients Bridge of Bone Canthoplasty will not effect PFL very much.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
This place used to have such high IQ threads

• +1
Reactions: joseph