is leg training important in bodybuilding?

Lorsss

Lorsss

mod. Username: Lorsss
Staff
the only reason I train legs is because many fitness explerts claim training legs increases Testosterone and HGH in bloodstream, so all muscles in our body grow faster.
is this true? is it worth to train legs if you don't care about leg size?

yes bro

• +1
Reactions: mrdolphin
yes, it adds to the balance of your physique. if you dont care about legs, maybe dont train them as much, but chicken legs is a death sentence imo

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mrdolphin, Slob and AntiSocial-Fakecel
u dont want chicken legs, do u?

• +1
Reactions: kobecel
Obv. Train every muscles except traps. Common knowledge.

If you dont enjoy leg training youre low T. :feelsez:

• +1
Reactions: mrdolphin and Lorsss
In theory there's one good reason to train them, but like all gymcelling it's very much a case of a ton of effort for almost insignificant improvement.

The average normie can put on around 18kg of muscle in the first two years (almost everyone gets significantly less than this because of cutting periods, imperfect diet and training, but it's a reasonable lifetime goal anyway). Let's say you're at 60kg with 10% bodyfat (i.e. you're an average height guy who cut down before starting your 'gains' training, which you should). If you added on 18kg of muscle, you'd now be 78kg weight /6kg bodyfat - around 8%. If you skipped legs (i.e. around half your body), you'd only expect to gain 9kg, and so you'd be 69kg weight/6kg bodyfat - more like 9%.

Given that fat can be stored intramuscularly, one would expect, all other things being equal, the 78kg/8% guy to have a leaner face than the 69kg/9% guy - as the first guy is storing more fat across his larger legs, which means there's probably a bit less on his face.

However it's still 2 years minimum work (more likely 3 or 4), for a 1 fucking percentage point difference, and you'll spend a substantial time in a sub optimal bulking state to get there. Though if you're gymcelling, you likely committed to a bulking and cutting lifestyle anyway.

Basically, if you absolutely must gymcope, then yes, train the legs, you might as well and it'll yield some long term benefits, albeit ones that are probably gonna be almost impossible to tell.

• +1
Reactions: mrdolphin, Extra Chromosome, FatmanO and 2 others
legs is cope

• +1
Reactions: Slob
Can I just do squats

Can I just do squats
yes:
reasearches have shown leg extension may damage the knee joint.
as regards the leg press, it is less effective than squat because it's not a natural movement.

• +1
Reactions: mrdolphin
The average normie can put on around 18kg of muscle in the first two years

JFL at this ignorance. I'm assuming you are either a noob that hasn't realized you are being scammed yet, a dreamer bulker who thinks all his fat and water is muscle, or a roider that is lying about it.

Brutal blackpill: The average male can only put on 3-5KG of muscle over a period of 5 years.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: VeryFuglyNiyguhs, kobecel and badromance
JFL at this ignorance. I'm assuming you are either a noob that hasn't realized you are being scammed yet, a dreamer bulker who thinks all his fat and water is muscle, or a roider that is lying about it.

Brutal blackpill: The average male can only put on 3-5KG of muscle over a period of 5 years.

I don't 'bulk' and I certainly don't roid. I don't give a fuck about the gym.

I'm not going to debate this further though, because you're quite frankly just wrong. No point in really saying anything else.

lmao what is wrong with you

• +1
lmao what is wrong with you

Nothing wrong with me. Just realized that natty bodybuilding is horseshit and that all the numbers you can find on the internet about how much muscle you can gain naturally is bullshit and that all the "natty" bodybuilders on youtube (yes, even Scott and Omar) are actually roided. Fact of the matter is that drug free bodybuilding is a pseudoscience and most pro-bodybuilders will admit this behind closed doors. They just lie to noobies and other morons because they need the money to pay for their own bodybuilding lifestyle/drugs.

To be honest the whole relationship between exercise and muscle gain is dubious. After doing my own research into the matter (including reading research papers done by actual scientists and not some dumb roided kids on youtube) I came to the conclusion that the role of exercise in making you look fit is mostly trivial. Looking jacked and ripped is 90% hormones and diet. If you merely wanted to look better than 99% of the human population and did not care if you got 100% value out of your steroids or merely 90% then in theory you could just take the steroids and whatever other drugs you are using and then eat reasonably healthy, and you would still look jacked and ripped. The only reason pro-bodybuilders even supplement their drug use with lifting is because they want to get 100% value out of their drugs, which technically requires some exercise in order to do.

Look at this dude:

Look at him at the spot between 1:33-1:39. The guy looks better than 90% of natty lifters and he is a 50 something year old man who doesn't even go to the gym. Merely, because he got some test injections from his doctor..... And his dose is NOWHERE near as large as what most jacked guys are using. JFL at thinking bodybuilding is anything else than a chemical war.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Gaia262, The Dude Abides and kobecel
Smaller the traps the better, make you look less broad-shouldered

Big traps are actually the single biggest thing that makes you look like you lift. They are also one of the only muscles that people can see even if you are wearing cloth.

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss, jefferson and kobecel
Nothing wrong with me. Just realized that natty bodybuilding is horseshit and that all the numbers you can find on the internet about how much muscle you can gain naturally is bullshit and that all the "natty" bodybuilders on youtube (yes, even Scott and Omar) are actually roided. Fact of the matter is that drug free bodybuilding is a pseudoscience and most pro-bodybuilders will admit this behind closed doors. They just lie to noobies and other morons because they need the money to pay for their own bodybuilding lifestyle/drugs.

To be honest the whole relationship between exercise and muscle gain is dubious. After doing my own research into the matter (including reading research papers done by actual scientists and not some dumb roided kids on youtube) I came to the conclusion that the role of exercise in making you look fit is mostly trivial. Looking jacked and ripped is 90% hormones and diet. If you merely wanted to look better than 99% of the human population and did not care if you got 100% value out of your steroids or merely 90% then in theory you could just take the steroids and whatever other drugs you are using and then eat reasonably healthy, and you would still look jacked and ripped. The only reason pro-bodybuilders even supplement their drug use with lifting is because they want to get 100% value out of their drugs, which technically requires some exercise in order to do.

Look at this dude:

Look at him at the spot between 1:33-1:39. The guy looks better than 90% of natty lifters and he is a 50 something year old man who doesn't even go to the gym. Merely, because he got some test injections from his doctor..... And his dose is NOWHERE near as large as what most jacked guys are using. JFL at thinking bodybuilding is anything else than a chemical war.

If you're low T there is no point in gymcelling tbh

• +1
Reactions: Slob and jefferson
Big traps are actually the single biggest thing that makes you look like you lift. They are also one of the only muscles that people can see even if you are wearing cloth.
You’re gonna look like a framelet

Look at this dude:

Scott herman is peak natty with slightly above average genetics after years of proper training and diet imo. Drug-free bodybuilding is pathetic but I wouldn't go so far as to call it pseudoscience lol.
You’re gonna look like a framelet
Not if you have big delts to match

• +1

Look at this dude:

6 years natty on low T vs 1 year on TRT
trt-muscle-before-and-after.jpg

Attachments

• trt-muscle-before-and-after.jpg
    trt-muscle-before-and-after.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 33
  • +1
Reactions: jefferson
Honestly I dont fucking care about my legs,
My friends train them all the time but they are still the same size as mine.
Once my upper body is big enough I might consider training legs

• +1
Reactions: Slob
If youre a manlet you dont need to focus as much on them, but in general you need leg work

In bodybuilding? Yes.
Is it important if you want to look aesthetic to women? No.

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss, Deleted member 245, androidcel and 1 other person

Look at this dude:

JFL at the jootube comments. How the hell is having the same hormone levels as others seen as bad. They didnt work for there genes and neither should I.

muh chicken legs cope

u think a bitch will give a fuck abour ""chicken legs""? You only get chicken legs from shit genes. If you did carido (yes burgers, running a little) you would have tones legs without even working them out in the first place..

• +1
Reactions: theropeking, kobecel, Extra Chromosome and 2 others
For legs I only do calf raises, just like I only train my forearms for arms, the upper parts get trained indirectly.
Proportionally big calves and forearms and neck make you look "naturally strong", because those are the muscles you naturally use the most in real life while climbing, hiking, getting into a fight.
Overproportionally big quads or upper arms or chest make you look like a "unfunctional" gymrat

Scott herman is peak natty with slightly above average genetics after years of proper training and diet imo. Drug-free bodybuilding is pathetic but I wouldn't go so far as to call it pseudoscience lol.

Not if you have big delts to match

Scott is on roids:

The guy lifted for years and suddenly he just got more gains? Ok.

Also lol at the comment section completely roasting him. Even his otherwise delusional fans can see through his bullshit.

Why would I wanna look like I lift? The idea is to look like you are natural genetically gifted demigod that graces everyone around him with his presence. JFL if people irl know that you are gymcel lookmaxing faggot rofl
you need to do some hypocritemaxing

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
i love training my glutes to get nice big ass