Is masseter hypertrophy worth it?

Tiddlywink

Tiddlywink

-̴-̸-̷-̴-̸-̷-̵-̶-̸-̷-̵-̶-̴-̴-̵
If you have a narrow jaw, is it worth training the masseter muscles or will it just look strange and not really compare to having a wide jaw bone?
I've never seen before/after pictures of someone training the masseters so I'm not really sure if it would be an improvement.

• +1
Reactions: BrettyBoy
If you have a narrow jaw, is it worth training the masseter muscles or will it just look strange and not really compare to having a wide jaw bone?
I've never seen before/after pictures of someone training the masseters so I'm not really sure if it would be an improvement.
I think it depends upon your masseter placement, but yes, usually it makes the jaw look better if it's narrow (imo). But you just have to see it for yourself to see if it looks good or bad on you.
Also, if you want to post a pic of your lower third I can tell you if it would look alright to grow your masseters or not. What bf% are you?

No, you will looks bloated.

No, you will looks bloated.
I've seen it look good before, as long as you are low body fat, at least from what I've seen.

Brad Pitt is another good example.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
This can be bones aswell...
The point is that masseter hypertrophy can look good dependent upon the individual and how it harmonizes with the rest of their face. For me, it would make my chin look even shorter (vertically) than it already is.

• +1
Also, if you want to post a pic of your lower third I can tell you if it would look alright to grow your masseters or not. What bf% are you?
This is pretty much what my lower third looks like. It's an actor that quite a few people have told me I look like.
hCk4Ead.png

• So Sad
Get a jaw like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191108-135154_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191108-135154_Gallery.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 184
Get a jaw like this
^ this is a very cringe and non-epic strawman.

This man undoubtably has a very strong deep bite, and could thus not properly exert mechanical stress with his premolars and canines onto his maxillary structures.

Too much activation with the far back teeth compared to front teeth= Bad.

• +1
Reactions: inceletto
It's not about the masseters.

its a lottery, depending on insertions, vertical size and others

• +1
Not worth it imho

At high bf (even 15% is enough) it's almost impossible to look lean or escaping bloated look

However at single digit bf that's how masseter hypertrophy is gonna look like

83e8eda686d14142a157e73fba3335a1

None of them is good

• +1