Is Orbital Decompression safe?

Gaia262

Gaia262

Never Give Up
Hi looksmaxxers,

Is orbital decompression regarded as a safe low risk procedure? Does anyone one know the rate in which there are complications?

Last edited:
it isnt the safest procedure but it doesnt belong to the most dangerous too
there is always risk and eye area is very sensitive

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and Gaia262
It’s way safer than Lefort surgeries. Most people who develop vision complications already had some due to Graves’ disease. If you watch videos of the surgery, it doesn’t look that bad.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Taban told me the risk of strabismus / double vision is 0.5% and risk of blindness is something around 1 in 20000.

There are also different levels of orbital decompression in regards to how many walls you remove bone from as well as fat tissue. The risk is probably slightly higher if you have more removed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13824, mewcoper, RAITEIII and 6 others
Lefort 5 or rope

Taban told me the risk of strabismus / double vision is 0.5% and risk of blindness is something around 1 in 20000.

There are also different levels of orbital decompression in regards to how many walls you remove bone from as well as fat tissue. The risk is probably slightly higher if you have more removed.
What aesthetic benefits did it provide you?

What aesthetic benefits did it provide you?
Made my eyes stick out less from my skull, reduced upper eyelid exposure and in combination with lower eyelid retraction surgery raised my lower eyelids.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel, Kingkellz, Alexanderr and 3 others
Taban is honestly an artist when it comes to his craft

• +1
Reactions: DianabolDownie, Kingkellz and Gaia262
Made my eyes stick out less from my skull, reduced upper eyelid exposure and in combination with lower eyelid retraction surgery raised my lower eyelids.
Fanastic

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr

This is the correct answer. It depends where in the socket they remove bone/tissue, and how aggressive they are. Higher risk for people that need lots of bone removed closer to the optic nerve because they have an extreme amount of protrusion from thyroid eye disease. Not very risky for people just getting some tissue removed from the more lateral aspects of the socket for a slightly more deep set look.

• +1
Reactions: kota, Gaia262 and Alexanderr
This is the correct answer. It depends where in the socket they remove bone/tissue, and how aggressive they are. Higher risk for people that need lots of bone removed closer to the optic nerve because they have an extreme amount of protrusion from thyroid eye disease. Not very risky for people just getting some tissue removed from the more lateral aspects of the socket for a slightly more deep set look.
Lifefuel.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and Kingkellz
That almost completely depends on who's preforming it.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and Deleted member 4054
i love how mostly greycels have experience with surgeries
shows that lots of forum rotters here dont do shit :lul:

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 25245, mewcoper, kota and 5 others