Is sliding genioplasty a "big" surgery?

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
I still can't understand how I wasn't able to get one at a plastic surgeon. They said I have to go through the hospital in order to get a sliding genioplasty because it was considered too big of a surgery. Aren't you able to get it done at pretty much any plastic surgeon in America?

It is not a big surgery at all imo. Especially compared to a lefort, which I'm gonna get. But I guess any osteotomy (A surgery in which bone is cut) is considered invasive. It's weird that you weren't able to get one at a plastic surgeon. Consider an implant, it's less invasive.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Gaia262 and Almu
It is not a big surgery at all imo. Especially compared to a lefort, which I'm gonna get. But I guess any osteotomy (A surgery in which bone is cut) is considered invasive. It's weird that you weren't able to get one at a plastic surgeon. Consider an implant, it's less invasive.
Implants erode your bones from what I've heard. A couple of mms.

I dont want an implant. I am already planning to get jaw angle implants and I dont want a face full of implants. At the very least I would like chin to be bone.

I dont want an implant. I am already planning to get jaw angle implants and I dont want a face full of implants. At the very least I would like chin to be bone.

That’s what I did: a combination of bone cuts and implants: genioplasty + peek jaw implants (I also have silicone cheeks) soon I’ll be terminator status (titanium) infraorbitals ( :

To answer your question regarding genios, it’s just as @Tyrionlannistercel said... more invasive as it’s a bone movement but it’s not a big procedure at all.

Any Maxfax worth their salt should be able to do a genioplasty (plastic surgeons are a different story) and in general, I would not go to one for an osteonomy procedure like a genio even if they advertised that they did them. Although, this forum’s plastics god, Eppley does genios as does my previous surgeon Y.)

***Also note that their are many different types of genioplastys (various different cuts) depending on an individuals aesthetic/functional requirements.

• +1
Reactions: noped and Deleted member 2012
That’s what I did: a combination of bone cuts and implants: genioplasty + peek jaw implants (I also have silicone cheeks) soon I’ll be terminator status (titanium) infraorbitals ( :

To answer your question regarding genios, it’s just as @Tyrionlannistercel said... more invasive as it’s a bone movement but it’s not a big procedure at all.

Any Maxfax worth their salt should be able to do a genioplasty (plastic surgeons are a different story) and in general, I would not go to one for an osteonomy procedure like a genio even if they advertised that they did them. Although, this forum’s plastics god, Eppley does genios as does my previous surgeon Y.)

***Also note that their are many different types of genioplastys (various different cuts) depending on an individuals aesthetic/functional requirements.

Isn't Eppley actually a maxfax as well though? He has a degree in maxofacial surgery I think

Isn't Eppley actually a maxfax as well though? He has a degree in maxofacial surgery I think
Not a clue tbh -stopped researching/axed him off my list after the continuous horror stories (don’t get me wrong, he has patients who are satisfied with him and I know a couple too but he’s not my style).

yeah but not as big as some of the stuff people on here suggest (ccw or lefort etc)

like other user said mayb just get implant for chin

That's why they use screws to fix it ?
It still looks uncanny most of the time, it's better to use your own bone to create a better lower third instead of having a foreign object in your face. Plus, isn't it always prone to infection?

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and Almu
It still looks uncanny most of the time, it's better to use your own bone to create a better lower third instead of having a foreign object in your face. Plus, isn't it always prone to infection?
Dont know

You gotta leave sweden

Chin wing mogs genio most of the times.

• +1
Reactions: anti caking agents
I still can't understand how I wasn't able to get one at a plastic surgeon. They said I have to go through the hospital in order to get a sliding genioplasty because it was considered too big of a surgery. Aren't you able to get it done at pretty much any plastic surgeon in America?

Go to a maxillofacial surgeon.

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and Adrenochrome
+1 on max fac surgeon, they will have better experience and knowledge than a standard plastic surgeon

• +1
Reactions: Adrenochrome
Whats difference

The last one is a mini chin wing osteomy. As you can see it offers more options than a traditional sliding genioplasty.