Is there any non-surgical way to shorten the midface?

Weishaupt

Weishaupt

Mewcel
I think midface is one of the make or break things in someone's looks. It shouldn't be too long or too short. I'm 17 and my midface is throwing off my proportions... Is there any non-surgical way to shorten midface by like a couple cm or an inch? If I could shorten it just by that much I would ascend very high. If you know any surgical ways list them too but preferably I don't want to do any surgery. Please help my niggas

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
There isn't even a surgical way from what I know. They would have to remove modface bones and reattach your lower third

• +1
no

• +1
Fuarkk
I would literally do anything to shorten it by an inch

Last edited:
  • +1
Mouthbreathing and improper tongue posture (letting it rest in the mouth rather than pushing it up against the roof of your mouth) causes longer midface. You're only 17, so you still have a couple years of growing, so if you begin mewing now, you could potentially see some changes. After that, mewing gives massively reduced results. Here.
https://lookism.net/Thread-Advanced-mewing-maxilla-ramus-height
It's a shame there aren't any good guides to show what to do, but basically...

Close your mouth. Push the tip of your tongue a up against the roof of your mouth right near your front teeth. Then push the rest of your tongue so that it also rests firmly pushed against the roof of your mouth as well. How do you know you're doing it correctly? A couple of things. If you look in the mirror, take a look under your chin, the "blubber" under it. Then try mewing, hard. If done correctly, the blubber under your chin should get tighter, and your jawline will appear more defined. If you mew incredibly hard you can also feel it in the back of your head.

Maintain this oral posture at all times. That's the only thing you can really do to promote forward growth rather than downward growth of the face, which will shorten your midface over the span of a looong time.

Only non-surgical option I know of, anyway.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Absi, SayNoToRotting and 1 other person
you need to grow a beard, put your hair up and keep a lot of volume of the side of your hair. this artificially makes your midface a bit more proportionate to the rest of your face

I would if I could,br0.

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
you need to grow a beard, put your hair up and keep a lot of volume of the side of your hair. this artificially makes your midface a bit more proportionate to the rest of your face

Replying to a thread from like half a year ago lmao

Mewing but it will take a while,maybe just try and hide it

Rock the midface with pride bro

Look into MSE + FM. I have read promising things about it

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|
There is not boyo
Over for me

Unfortunately, I don't believe so.

Hydraulic press

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656, Coping and dogtown
lefort 1 unironically

I think midface is one of the make or break things in someone's looks. It shouldn't be too long or too short. I'm 17 and my midface is throwing off my proportions... Is there any non-surgical way to shorten midface by like a couple cm or an inch? If I could shorten it just by that much I would ascend very high. If you know any surgical ways list them too but preferably I don't want to do any surgery. Please help my niggas
if you need forward growth:
  • hardmewing
  • facepull
  • orthodontic palate expander
can improve your face