Is there such a thing as being too lean?

A

Artiste

Bronze
Title.
Is there such as being too lean, too low body fat?
There was a thread @SubhumanCurrycel made yesterday. Saying how his parents thought he looked sick/gaunt/unhealthy because of his hollow cheeks. He looked healthier before etc.
I remember @Titbot saying how some girl said something similar, like he looked a crackhead when he got lean.
When Zayn got very lean everybody was saying he looked ill. Same thing with Justin Bieber he got very low and everybody said he looked like a crackhead. Even some users here.
You get the point.
I’m starting to think this site’s starting to lose sight of what looks good. Image of male models are twisting are our minds. I could be wrong... Thoughts?

TL;DR Can one be too lean?

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Title.
Is there such as being too lean, too low body fat?
There was a thread @SubhumanCurrycel made yesterday. Saying how his parents thought he looked sick/gaunt/unhealthy because of his hollow cheeks. He looked healthier before etc.
I remember @Titbot saying how some girl said something similar, like he looked a crackhead when he got lean.
When Zayn got very lean everybody was saying he looked ill. Same thing with Justin Bieber he got very low and everybody said he looked like a crackhead. Even some users here.
You get the point.
I’m starting to think this site’s starting to lose sight of what looks good. Image of male models are twisting are our minds. I could be wrong... Thoughts?

TL;DR Can one be too lean?
yes
lower than 6% BF can be dangerous

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Danish_Retard
Yes, easily. It's called anorexia. It causes paradoxial increase in facial and visceral fat, making you look fugly bloated in face and stomach.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
yes
lower than 6% BF can be dangerous
Yes, easily. It's called anorexia. It causes paradoxial increase in facial and visceral fat, making you look fugly bloated in face and stomach.
Im not talking being skinny to obscene levels of body fat. I’m talking below 12%. Most people seem to think that look, looks unhealthy except for Pslers and the modelling industry..

Im not talking being skinny to obscene levels of body fat. I’m talking below 12%. Most people seem to think that look, looks unhealthy except for Pslers and the modelling industry..
it depends on how much muscles mass but generally below 8 it starts looking unhealthy

• +1
it depends on how much muscles mass but generally below 8 it starts looking unhealthy

Ok so, tell me what looks better in your opinion?

CC55DFA5 3345 407C B1D7 F67160435C87

vs

952989D9 BB6E 4A07 A016 AAD46D19CA19

Yeah under 8% year round

PEOPLE WITH ANOREXIA ARE OFTEN BELOW 12% BODY-FAT.
Ok so, tell me what looks better in your opinion?

View attachment 967702

vs

View attachment 967703
Honestly both look horrible never understood his appeal to JBs. But those were unique times tbh before TikTok.

• +1
Realise that when you sub 10% bf you are literally a few pounds of fat away from death. 8% is ideal tbh

• JFL
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Artiste
maybe
Unnamed

• JFL
Reactions: Echo, Danish_Retard and Artiste
Yeah under 8% year round
Again, I’m not talking to the extremes. I’m talking like below 12%, what most people here, who preach is the optimal look.

PEOPLE WITH ANOREXIA ARE OFTEN BELOW 12% BODY-FAT.

Honestly both look horrible never understood his appeal to JBs. But those were unique times tbh before TikTok.

Fair enough.

Regardless what you might think of his appeal. What looks better?

Again, I’m not talking to the extremes. I’m talking like below 12%, what most people here, who preach is the optimal look.

Fair enough.

Regardless what you might think of his appeal. What looks better?
Look about the same.

IRL those really low bf male models have 0 sex appeal

• +1
Reactions: Artiste
volcel if above 5% body fat

He has an open mouth in the first pic which gives an illusion of hollow cheeks. Get better pics op.

Are you blind? He’s clearly lower in the first regardless of his mouth being open. Besides, this is the only pic I could find of him being lower with a normal look without looking like a homeless bum.

Anyway;

8DB97889 40E8 4C5E 98BC 238AC104C0FD

vs

FEFD9444 CEF7 4268 883B C6DB6E83799C

Lots of people attempting to leanmax are depriving themselves of essential nutrients - making their skin/hair look worse. This makes them look worse overall. If you can get lean while maintaining skin/hair yhou'll look healthy and not like you just left aushwitz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back