Is waterfasting legit or dangerous?

D

Deleted member 7240

Greycel Revolutionary
Researched a bit and idk if I should try it. Seems like it’ll fuck up your metabolism hardcore

water fasting is legit dry fasting is dangerous

edit: I havent try any but I see more people going through just drinking water than not eating or drinking anything at all

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and Deleted member 7240
Would you be taking vitamins alongside it? In that case, you'd pretty much definitely be okay, unless you do it for months or just have something terribly wrong with you.
Longest I've fasted with solely water has been a week. It was pretty miserable, I couldn't stand up by day 3. Lots of sleeping and general apathy. (to be fair, I was not used to being outside of my comfort zone). I only lost eight pounds as well.
However, it did not affect me negatively in the long term physically, and I am generally glad that it was done. It reminds me that we are capable of more than it seems sometimes.
On a side note, I don't really think metabolism exists. As long as you are eating less calories than you "need", you will lose weight. You may lose muscle, but you can always gain that back, nbd.
The main thing is to be careful when you start eating again, I hear it's best to try to reintroduce your body slowly.
Definitely though I'd say it's important to fast at least one day a month or so, just to assert control over your body, you know? Won't hurt anything, and if you're cutting that's 1500-3000 calories you won't have to burn.

• +1
Reactions: BrendioEEE and Deleted member 7240
Would you be taking vitamins alongside it? In that case, you'd pretty much definitely be okay, unless you do it for months or just have something terribly wrong with you.
Longest I've fasted with solely water has been a week. It was pretty miserable, I couldn't stand up by day 3. Lots of sleeping and general apathy. (to be fair, I was not used to being outside of my comfort zone). I only lost eight pounds as well.
However, it did not affect me negatively in the long term physically, and I am generally glad that it was done. It reminds me that we are capable of more than it seems sometimes.
On a side note, I don't really think metabolism exists. As long as you are eating less calories than you "need", you will lose weight. You may lose muscle, but you can always gain that back, nbd.
The main thing is to be careful when you start eating again, I hear it's best to try to reintroduce your body slowly.
Definitely though I'd say it's important to fast at least one day a month or so, just to assert control over your body, you know? Won't hurt anything, and if you're cutting that's 1500-3000 calories you won't have to burn.
I’m only going to be drinking water, no vitamins

If you‘re healthy, it‘s likely safe as long as you avoid dehydration and don‘t overdo it. Just keep an eye on your electrolytes and drink enough water

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and Deleted member 7240
it's unnecessary, waste of time.

I've done 3 days twice during first lockdown

It probably works somewhat to lose weight

can't tell exactly how much I lost since I didn't have a scale

the second day was the hardest for me, especially at night I wanted to eat and I was watching videos of people eating some feast on Youtube

I had some dizziness the last day but I knew I was going to eat at the end of the day

It works, check my sig

Researched a bit and idk if I should try it. Seems like it’ll fuck up your metabolism hardcore
causes mineral and vitamin deficiency, doesnt cause metabolic damage thats the stupidest fucking myth around

If you want to a fast.. make it a juice one..nothing like fresh squeezed fruits and veggies

40 days water fast worked well for Connor