Is weed based?

Deleted member 7173

Deleted member 7173

Virgin 6'2 Pretty boy Mogger (Look at AVI and see)
I have depression. It's never been clinically diagnosed but I know from talking to others who suffer the same as me that I do. I have days where I'll just lay in bed, because I have no reason to get out. I'll just not eat for a day or two at a time, cause I have no appetite; I'll try to eat, but can't swallow a single mouthful. Some days I'll just collapse on the floor sobbing because there is so little happiness floating around in my brain. No bueno.

Before I get too ahead of myself, let me backtrack. I first tried cannabis about a year ago, and had a brilliant time. It was (as sad as it may seem) one of the best moments of my life - experiencing sensations and feelings for the first time, like a newborn discovering a new sense. Oh the food, the music, the giggles. I'm sure others can relate.

Anyway, I quickly decided to replace alcohol with pot - it's a much more enjoyable high and a far less harmful substance. I never abused either, and I'm talking about once a month on average - far from addicted. Just having fun every so often. I refused to take it more often than that, because I believe that the root of many addictions is people trying to escape a miserable reality - heroin is rife in homeless communities because of the bliss and warmth it provides to those who have nothing else.

Basically, I went into it with one rule - this would not be an escape from reality. I'd deal with life just the same as before, both the good and the bad times. didn't want to use it to 'fix' my problems. But that changed one day.

My friends and I were supposed to be meeting for a catch-up down the pub. I don't drink, but was looking forward to it for most of the day anyway, as a chance to chat and have a laugh. Then an hour before I planned to go, a depressive episode hit me, and for about two hours I was sitting alone, thinking myself into a darker and darker state of mind until I was on the floor in tears just mumbling 'I wish I was dead…’

So I'm already late for the meetup, and I don't like being late. But I just couldn't face going outside, putting on a happy facade and pretending everything was fine. And I was genuinely worried that my suicidal thoughts would get the best of me.

So what did I do? I broke my one rule.

I use a dry herb vaporiser because it's small, convenient and efficient. I could have one hit or ten without issue, relieving the potential pressure to finish smoking a full joint. So I pull myself up off the floor, and have two hits of my vape. Just barely enough for me to feel the effects, but no red eyes, munchies or sleepiness. Basically microdosing.

And that was it. I didn't feel 'high', I felt normal. Back to a comfortable, non-suicidal baseline. I went to the pub and had a great time; chatted with friends as they drank, feeling like everything was fine. Went home at 1am, woke the next day feeling great.

That was three weeks ago. I haven't felt as depressed as that since. Indeed, I feel fantastic. So what changed? Nothing. Apart from my mindset.

I realised something that night. Two of my friends are on prescribed anti-depressants, as is very common in the UK. They seem to get on with them fine, but taking that stuff daily has its share of side effects, something I'm unwilling to do. And yet, there I was, taking another drug to have the same end result as theirs - curing depression. Up until that moment, for over a year, I'd seen cannabis as a recreational substance - something to use and abuse like alcohol. But sitting in that pub, I realised it was a medicine. An incredibly safe, convenient, effective medicine.

No negative side effects. No daily pill regimen. Very quick to kick in. Very easy to dose to my needs in the moment. That stuff is incredible.

Which takes me back to the original question - “people who smoke weed are losers”, but people taking drugs to cure illnesses is considered perfectly fine when it's prescribed?

…Why? Why is one okay, while the other is immoral. Why would I be 'better' in the eyes of society if I just joined in with thousands of others on anti-depressants, rather than curing myself? Why does me wanting to improve my life have such a stigma attached to it?

In some ways, I was more of a 'loser' before pot. Unmotivated, introverted, suicidal. If you attached those traits to a stoner, I'd see where you're coming from. But for me it has had the opposite effect. I'm getting on with my life better than ever - working hard in multiple jobs, making new friendships and relationships. I've gone from moping about with no direction to feeling like I can take on the world. And that's not just because I'm high all the time, quite the opposite. I use about a gram in the space of a couple of months - about £10, which is a tiny fraction of what many will smoke. Not far off the cost of a prescription of a cocktail of pills that would be far less effective.

So you tell me, am I more of a loser now than I was?

UK prohibition laws mean that I'm safest if I keep this answer anonymous, which is a shame because I'd love to discuss it with others. I sincerely hope the rest of the civilised world follows Canada and the US, so that others can heal themselves without fear of ruining their lives.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Madhate, Deleted member 11167, Ponder and 1 other person
DNRD

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12146, wagbox, Lijpe and 2 others
@Weed

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Ponder and Lijpe
Have u tried acid or shrooms or molly?

• +1
Reactions: Lijpe
weed is trash
weed culture is cringey as fuck

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Madhate, Lijpe and metagross
Faggy drug and faggy culture.
If your not a pussy do some datura or some meth.

• +1
Reactions: Lijpe and TsarTsar444
This is the general phenotype of weed consumers:
7f8

If you don't want to look like this, then don't do weed.

• +1
Reactions: wagbox, Lijpe and TsarTsar444
Weed is my only way to cope

• +1
Weed is cool but dont turn into a faggot

• +1
No do meth, heroin like a real man

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Lijpe, Deleted member 6475 and 1 other person
It effects everybody differently but it's more or less harmless unlike the majority of drugs. Everyone who shits on weed is a nerd who fell for high school anti-drug propaganda.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BrickTop, Ponder, Deleted member 6873 and 2 others
Stopped reading at "my friends and I".
No. Fuck off you attention whore. Kys

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
Basically, I went into it with one rule - this would not be an escape from reality. I'd deal with life just the same as before, both the good and the bad times. didn't want to use it to 'fix' my problems. But that changed one day.
Literally the only thing weed is good for is escaping reality, I smoked weed for three years and all it did was make me more likely to avoid my problems and responsibilities. Maybe youre depressed because you're constantly looking for an escape instead of rewiring your brain and reward system to get its dopamine from things that are of benefit to your life.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173
IMG 0067

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Madhate, Deleted member 12002, Ponder and 1 other person
Literally the only thing weed is good for is escaping reality, I smoked weed for three years and all it did was make me more likely to avoid my problems and responsibilities. Maybe youre depressed because you're constantly looking for an escape instead of rewiring your brain and reward system to get its dopamine from things that are of benefit to your life.

Regular weed smoking is retarded and ANTI-based

dn rd , weed kills your braincells , people who promote it are retarded

Drinking alcohol is much better and more socially acceptable