Is your face asymmetrical? Chewing from one-side MAY be the cause.

Deleted member 6908

Deleted member 6908

Looks, Charisma, Masculine Virtues
Is Your Face Asymmetrical?

Jaw pain, headaches and upper cervical chiropractic

"If you habitually chew food with one side of your teeth, the favoured side wears down due to overuse. This results in uneven teeth that twist to one side, resulting in facial asymmetry. Also the habit of favouring one side for chewing can develop the muscles in one side more than the other, resulting in different volumes of muscles in the left and right sides. If you touch your cheeks while keeping the jaws clamped and notice that there is a definite difference between left and right, you can be pretty sure that you have an imbalance of the masseter muscles."

^^^^^ One tiny part from an article I've just been reading and I'm afraid to say I am a victim of this. My right masseter muscle is incredibly weaker than my left, while my left is insanely strong. That is why when I take front view pictures, the left cheek is full and the right cheek is noticeably less so.

I find this to be a complete bitch. Is there anyone else who made the partial OCD type mistake of only chewing from one side of their face and developing asymmetry? If you only chew from one side and do not have asymmetry then that would be very unusual, so check if you do.

My other question is, is it now at 28 too late to strengthen the right masseter cheek muscle and so to eventually bring out that cheeks fullness? Chewing gum, face exercises etc.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, Stingray and Deleted member 756
Is Your Face Asymmetrical?

Jaw pain, headaches and upper cervical chiropractic

"If you habitually chew food with one side of your teeth, the favoured side wears down due to overuse. This results in uneven teeth that twist to one side, resulting in facial asymmetry. Also the habit of favouring one side for chewing can develop the muscles in one side more than the other, resulting in different volumes of muscles in the left and right sides. If you touch your cheeks while keeping the jaws clamped and notice that there is a definite difference between left and right, you can be pretty sure that you have an imbalance of the masseter muscles."

^^^^^ One tiny part from an article I've just been reading and I'm afraid to say I am a victim of this. My right masseter muscle is incredibly weaker than my left, while my left is insanely strong. That is why when I take front view pictures, the left cheek is full and the right cheek is noticeably less so.

I find this to be a complete bitch. Is there anyone else who made the partial OCD type mistake of only chewing from one side of their face and developing asymmetry. If you only chew from one side and do not have asymmetry then that would be very unusual, so check if you do.

My other question is, is it now at 28 too late to strengthen the right masseter cheek muscle and so to eventually bring out that cheeks fullness? Chewing gum, face exercises etc.
Do you sleep on your left too?

Do you sleep on your left too?

Yes I did through my teens and early 20s, until realising the assymetry at around 26. Now 28. Been alternating between left and right, but it;'s clearly not the reason for the left being a lot more attractive and even a tiny bit more forward-grown.

It's all down to the chewing-habit. How tf was I to know about this as a kid growing up? lol. Schools should have LooksMaxing as a subject and a part of the National Curriculum, I tell you. It's important. Look at us on this forum? Lol.

Last edited:
assymtry is cope

on a side note, is your hair naturally straight, or does it curl up when it dries?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 6908
My face is assymetrical because my dad beat my face in as a kid jfl, no chew-coping for me.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Nordiccel, Deleted member 6908 and Stingray
Yes I have this. My Maxilla is asymmetric and my dental midlines do not match up. My masseters look and feel the same size. I will look at some childhood photos to see if I have always had this

• +1
Yes I have this. My Maxilla is asymmetric and my dental midlines do not match up. My masseters look and feel the same size. I will look at some childhood photos to see if I have always had this

Can I ask how old you are and whether you have looked into doing anything to alter this?

Logically speaking, why should there not be any reason as to why me and you cannot strengthen our weaker masseter, since it is a muscle and not a bone? There shouldn't. Surely then, once this is done, the fat can slowly but gradually distribute well on that side of our faces?

Does anyone have any technical knowledge on this? If even a little? If so, speak up please.

Nah brah I do 5 sets and 30 reps on each side

• JFL
Can I ask how old you are and whether you have looked into doing anything to alter this?

Logically speaking, why should there not be any reason as to why me and you cannot strengthen our weaker masseter, since it is a muscle and not a bone? There shouldn't. Surely then, once this is done, the fat can slowly but gradually distribute well on that side of our faces?

Does anyone have any technical knowledge on this? If even a little? If so, speak up please.
I would need a lefort 1 with an asymmetry correction to achieve symmetry. My Maxilla is tilted slightly in one direction. As to the cause of this I don't know. I'm 22 now

• +1
I would need a lefort 1 with an asymmetry correction to achieve symmetry. My Maxilla is tilted slightly in one direction. As to the cause of this I don't know. I'm 22 now

You wouldn't mind pming me a picture, would you? Because if it's surgery I need, I'm ready.

also posture is really important. If you tilt your head slightly towards one side all your life then it will be grow unevenly.
you have a maxillary cant

• +1
Reactions: Stingray
Just got this from a separate article:

"Can facial exercises help?

While you can find anecdotal evidence online that suggests certain facial exercises can make your face look more symmetrical, there isn’t clinical research to back that up. The theory is that if your face looks asymmetrical because of muscle weakness, or uneven muscle tone, certain facial exercises can help."

I also have asymmetry and chewed on one side my whole life pretty much. Trying to chew more evenly now and sleep on back. I’ve seen some treatments on YouTube with some Asian doctors, but I don’t have midline discrepancy some I’m unsure if it’ll be good for me.