Its really hard to stay focused at work knowing you could have avoided this fate

D

Deleted member 6186

Zephir
All you had to do was buy like 30 Bitcoins back in 2013 for dirt cheap prices. Or buy ETH in 2015/2016.

Then today you would be able to have enough money to never work again. Better yet, put that money in a balanced investment and your net worth will keep going up. Passive income.

Can you imagine living like Notch? Having a mansion that you wake up in with all the time and resources to yourself. No need to give a fuck or answer to anyone.

Its frankly wasn't even hard to do. Its not like BTC/ETH back then was THAT obscure. A few different actions, and your entire life would be changed.

Instead its back to the wagecage for you.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 14264, turkproducer, Deleted member 7173 and 2 others

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 11770, Deleted member 5574 and Deleted member 1862
All you had to do was buy like 30 Bitcoins back in 2013 for dirt cheap prices. Or buy ETH in 2015/2016.

Then today you would be able to have enough money to never work again. Better yet, put that money in a balanced investment and your net worth will keep going up. Passive income.

Can you imagine living like Notch? Having a mansion that you wake up in with all the time and resources to yourself. No need to give a fuck or answer to anyone.

Its frankly wasn't even hard to do. Its not like BTC/ETH back then was THAT obscure. A few different actions, and your entire life would be changed.

nah cope in 2013 i didnt know what I was doing

To do that you would have had to understand governments better than most people. Governments had completely banned all similar citizen created currencies in the past. It would of required a detailed understanding of many kinds of human dynamics. And don't tell me governments couldn't have banned this, they could have crushed this with nation wide firewalls that already exist as well as firewalls in ISPs. When Bitcoin takes 2 years to try adapt around the firewalls, a simple two day rule change blocks it again and destroys it, along with prosecuting and imprisoning any one who uses it within the borders.

The thing is there are always investment opportunities to 10x your money in a few years, but you have to take the time to understand systems of people and how they operate better than almost everyone otherwise you're just gambling. This means watching government hearings and breaking down the motivations and dynamics specifically of each member of government, not just trying to use an over simplified model like, "government optimizes for X".

Even now there are 10x (or more) opportunities that you are overlooking, that you'll regret in five or ten years. I don't have all of the answers but a good start would be to realize that media, science, politics, religion, forums, etc. (all clusters of people building collective models of reality) are all wrong. They are all wrong because there are always incentive structures that distort reality. When you consume almost any information created by some one else, you are being brainwashed into believing a distorted model of reality.

So you have to take the time to see those systems and the true reality behind them, which takes a massive amount of time and focus. It's not easy, and it's not the same as passive consumption. You have to build your own models of reality, to include models of the information systems and the people behind them that you are using to further update your own models. In most cases it also means looking a lot opportunities, and taking huge amounts of time only to realize they would not be very profitable, and continuing your search. There is no free lunch.

----

BTW Bitcoin almost got scorch earth banned early on. In my opinion it came down to one specific woman in the U.S. government. So you would have had to have not just a "good understanding of government" but a very good understanding of the specific members of different departments and how they think. That again, requires work.

And if you didn't do the work and just invested in a bunch of these kind of "risky opportunities" then there's a very good chance you would have lost all or most of your money. For example, Mark Cubin bought a basket of "alt coins" and Bitcoin early on and lost most of his money. He didn't do the work to figure out what Alt coins were the best opportunities or if Bitcoin was a better opportunity at the time than the other currencies. So Bitcoin went up, and some Alt coins went up and most went down and overall he lost of bunch of money. Because he was lazy with his investment research so he lost money.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 5891, turkproducer, Casadonis and 1 other person
It s not that bad , some guy doesnt remember the password for his 220million$ worth of bitcoin

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4387, Need2Ascend, turkproducer and 5 others
there's always opportunities to become rich, you gotta find them.

• +1
Reactions: AutismMaxing, Deleted member 12002 and Deleted member 11748
There are plenty of stocks every year that have +1000 % journeys etc. Can't rely on these of things tho, if it were simple we would all be billionaires. However, in my opinion the best way of stumbling across these things is keep doing various things in life and try to be thoughtful. Gotta find that one thing where you can "predict" the future before everyone else, easiest way is some kind of advantage in understanding and this could be from being being early consumer, education, interest or w/e.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12002
life is hard

you missed one opportunity, you're gonna miss many more

but if you get at least one you'll be alright

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 756, Stevensmithgerard and Kristin

You can still do that if you're smart. When it comes to growing/keeping your wealth, which is a skill and not a stroke of luck, the people who look to the past instead of the future are the ones who will never make it. I'll bet ER was thinking the exact same thing, "If only I had picked these numbers, and not those ones."

Most people who make it rich by dumb luck alone end up losing it all and going bankrupt within five years anyways. Money is nothing more than a tool. You can't just hand somebody a tool they don't know how to use and expect any good to come of it. That's why taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor has never solved anything. They just don't know how to use it the right way to make their lives better.

• +1
Reactions: AutismMaxing
Except right now there’s a Bitcoin example happening right now that well all look back in 5 years and say I wish I would have found it

back in 2013 I was like 11

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6475

Justwinlottery theory

• +1
Reactions: clockwiseRotator
working a dead end job is depressing. the people, or zombies around you are draining your motivation

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 756
I was in elementary back in 2013

you can buy GME right now and 10x