I've always been very opposed to eugenics

Danish_Retard

Danish_Retard

yuyevon stan account
But I saw a retard reproduce and create a mentally challenged kid, he lives a shit life because of his shit genes and because of his trash mother couldn't care for him. He's also a giant burden to society and will never make any meaningful contribution to society. She should not have been allowed to reproduce. Can anyone here change my mind without using slippery slope arguments?

edit: I don't mean nazi germany level of wiping out every person with a slight handicap but more like not letting people with severe genetic diseases reproduce.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: JamesWilken3, Deleted member 4106, Lolcel and 10 others
Idk i shouldn’t have been created tbh.

• JFL
  • Ugh..
  • WTF
Reactions: oatmeal, Hightwolf, Deleted member 8165 and 2 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: oatmeal, jjyb12345, Deleted member 6723 and 3 others
honestly man i don't have anything to add but this is a good thread so i guess have a bump

• Love it
Reactions: Danish_Retard
iceland eradicated down's syndrome already, it's not a controversial opinion

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: oatmeal, Deleted member 7098, WadlowMaxxing and 2 others
iceland eradicated down's syndrome already, it's not a controversial opinion
Damn, didn't know about this, but it isn't really stopping retarded people from reproducing, it's more like aborting them if there's a high chance of them being born with down syndrome and the mother can opt-out of the abortion if she wants. Still way better than what we do in Denmark.

i just feel sorry for them tbh

• +1
i just feel sorry for them tbh

Yes, same here. That's why I don't want these attributes to continue through their children.

With eugenics I never would have been born. Thats all the evidence I need that its good

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe
Are you a diagnosed retard or something?
No, im just a genetic catastrophe. Not mentally slow or anything. But im not attractive, and I have a bunch of medical problems. And my mom stunted my growth, and always fucked with me and yelled at me I think because she has bipolar or something like that, among some other things. It would have been better if I was just never born in the first place. With the way I am, and the way my parents are, its just not good at all

• So Sad
Reactions: JamesWilken3, Ocelot and Danish_Retard
Why do you care about such meaningless stuff. Just accept the world how it is. Let others suffer and do stupid decisions. Just care for yourself. Life is short.

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate and Deleted member 756
genetic engineering is the future

• +1
well... when you decide that you have the power to decide someone's fate. that is, worthy of reproduction or not. it just leads down a bad path. the only real argument is that it's a slippery slope allowing eugenics even in a slight degree. who's not to tell you that you aren't worthy of reproduction?

But I saw a retard reproduce and create a mentally challenged kid, he lives a shit life because of his shit genes and because of his trash mother couldn't care for him. He's also a giant burden to society and will never make any meaningful contribution to society. She should not have been allowed to reproduce. Can anyone here change my mind without using slippery slope arguments?

edit: I don't mean nazi germany level of wiping out every person with a slight handicap but more like not letting people with severe genetic diseases reproduce.

Perhaps there’s a chance her kid could be the next Albert Einstein?

Not only eugenics should be enforced on a very strict and high level, genetic engineering should also be used. Many things should be done in this world that aren't done, but it will be done, eventually.

• So Sad
  • Love it
Reactions: Growth Plate and WadlowMaxxing
No, im just a genetic catastrophe. Not mentally slow or anything. But im not attractive, and I have a bunch of medical problems. And my mom stunted my growth, and always fucked with me and yelled at me I think because she has bipolar or something like that, among some other things. It would have been better if I was just never born in the first place. With the way I am, and the way my parents are, its just not good at all
I'm sorry to hear that bro, you don't deserve this. I also have severe allergy problems because of my genetics. Every time I exercise or enter a heated room my entire back and arms begin itching like I've been bitten by 10000 mosquitoes.

genetic engineering is the future
Indeed, although it's a scary future. I fear that we will be replaced too easily.

well... when you decide that you have the power to decide someone's fate. that is, worthy of reproduction or not. it just leads down a bad path. the only real argument is that it's a slippery slope allowing eugenics even in a slight degree. who's not to tell you that you aren't worthy of reproduction?
Slippery slope isn't a real argument, it's just fear-mongering. But I will admit that eugenics has a horrible history but I that shouldn't stop us from using the good it could provide. As for whos to tell you that you can't reproduce, when you live in a society you give up some of your freedoms for protection and prosperity.

Perhaps there’s a chance her kid could be the next Albert Einstein?
cope
The absolute best you could hope for is the kid being born a savant. Most likely the kid will have a terrible childhood full of suffering and it won't be able to contribute anything or do anything for those around it.

Not only eugenics should be enforced on a very strict and high level, genetic engineering should also be used. Many things should be done in this world that aren't done, but it will be done, eventually.
Why would you want this? There's a difference between eliminating genetic diseases that cause the victims from it suffering and people who live normal happy lives.

• +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe
Indeed, although it's a scary future. I fear that we will be replaced too easily.
If its possible in the future to replace parts of your body with cybernetic implants, than you have nothing to worry about.
If we would focus on this we didn't even would need to practice genetic engineering, besides to get rid of genetic diseases.
Also we need to do this to be able to compete with AI.

• +1
I'm sorry to hear that bro, you don't deserve this. I also have severe allergy problems because of my genetics. Every time I exercise or enter a heated room my entire back and arms begin itching like I've been bitten by 10000 mosquitoes.

Slippery slope isn't a real argument, it's just fear-mongering. But I will admit that eugenics has a horrible history but I that shouldn't stop us from using the good it could provide. As for whos to tell you that you can't reproduce, when you live in a society you give up some of your freedoms for protection and prosperity.

cope
The absolute best you could hope for is the kid being born a savant. Most likely the kid will have a terrible childhood full of suffering and it won't be able to contribute anything or do anything for those around it.

Why would you want this? There's a difference between eliminating genetic diseases that cause the victims from it suffering and people who live normal happy lives.
Because as is right now all it does is leads the humanity to degeneracy. Humans have a purpose in this universe, and it sure isn't becoming a degenerate species. There honestly should be an ultimate authoritative force to govern the society, but it is not possible for humans to maintain such a power over anyone really, as it leads to abuse and corruption. Regardless that should be the goal. Maybe broadly speaking a sort of "democratic ai commitee".
Ultimately eugenics only bring good things. What's the loss over here? People who would suffer wouldn't experience the life of misery. Oh no... That'd be terrible.
Reproduction should be strictly controlled. Or at least there should be penalties for bringing up a kid into a world of suffering and misery. I.e. no family, divorce, poverty, bad upbringing, genetic diseases, etc. Like right now only bottom of the bottom reproduces, which consists mostly of low iq + poor people. It's a recipe for misery.
I'd go as far as to ban a lot of products, ideas and foods. Never going to happen, of course. Any of this. At least not in our lifetime.
I think that freedom leads to not only downfall, but less choices. The more bad choices you can make, the higher the chance to make bad choices.
I know that 99% of people will and would disagree with me. Doesn't matter. It is the right thing to do.
I suppose china is trying to do something similar. Never lived there, so idk. What matters is that core values should be GOOD, objectively so, even though many would say that it's very subjective. I disagree. I think it's a very objective thing. In the end as a species we don't have enough information yet, to make a true and right choice, it's like trying to read a chart and predicting the future, while there are very few candles on it yet.
I look at humanity as a whole and not an individual being. Do you truly believe that humanity as is right now isn't incredibly sick?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Danish_Retard
If its possible in the future to replace parts of your body with cybernetic implants, than you have nothing to worry about.
If we would focus on this we didn't even would need to practice genetic engineering, besides to get rid of genetic diseases.
Also we need to do this to be able to compete with AI.
I'm more worried about being mogged by genetically engineered people with an IQ of 200 and that creating an unsurmountable obstacle between the rich that can afford genetic modification and the poor who can't.

Because as is right now all it does is leads the humanity to degeneracy. Humans have a purpose in this universe, and it sure isn't becoming a degenerate species. There honestly should be an ultimate authoritative force to govern the society, but it is not possible for humans to maintain such a power over anyone really, as it leads to abuse and corruption. Regardless that should be the goal. Maybe broadly speaking a sort of "democratic ai commitee".
Ultimately eugenics only bring good things. What's the loss over here? People who would suffer wouldn't experience the life of misery. Oh no... That's be terrible.
Reproduction should be strictly controlled. Or at least there should be penalties for bringing up a kid into a world of suffering and misery. I.e. no family, divorce, poverty, bad upbringing, genetic diseases, etc. Like right now only bottom of the bottom reproduces, which consists mostly of low iq + poor people. It's a recipe for misery.
I'd go as far as to ban a lot of products, ideas and foods. Never going to happen, of course. Any of this. At least not in our lifetime.
I think that freedom leads to not only downfall, but less choices. The more bad choices you can make, the higher the chance to make bad choices.
I know that 99% of people will and would disagree with me. Doesn't matter. It is the right thing to do.
I suppose china is trying to do something similar. Never lived there, so idk. What matters is that core values should be GOOD, objectively so, even though many would say that it's very subjective. I disagree. I think it's a very objective thing. In the end as a species we don't have enough information yet, to make a true and right choice, it's like trying to read a chart and predicting the future, while there are very few candles on it yet.
I look at humanity as a whole and not an individual being. Do you truly believe that humanity as is right now isn't incredibly sick?
A very authoritarian view. I'd also say that it's incorrect to say that we have a purpose, there's nothing that points to a greater purpose with our life unless you're coping with religion. But as you say, we would need someone or something that can't be corrupted and is decently morally good.
You also have to remember that the point of an authoritarian government is to make the choices for the populace that they can't make themselves so they can have good lives, but people need freedom too and a purpose to live such as starting a family. Personally I don't see any reason to start using eugenics to improve our genepool when genetic engineering is so close. The only thing I would use it for would be to stop the suffering stemming from genetically carried defects/diseases.

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Deleted member 10536
Ultimately eugenics only bring good things. What's the loss over here? People who would suffer wouldn't experience the life of misery. Oh no... That'd be terrible.
intj post

• JFL
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
Ubermensch or death

I'm more worried about being mogged by genetically engineered people with an IQ of 200 and that creating an unsurmountable obstacle between the rich that can afford genetic modification and the poor who can't.

A very authoritarian view. I'd also say that it's incorrect to say that we have a purpose, there's nothing that points to a greater purpose with our life unless you're coping with religion. But as you say, we would need someone or something that can't be corrupted and is decently morally good.
You also have to remember that the point of an authoritarian government is to make the choices for the populace that they can't make themselves so they can have good lives, but people need freedom too and a purpose to live such as starting a family. Personally I don't see any reason to start using eugenics to improve our genepool when genetic engineering is so close. The only thing I would use it for would be to stop the suffering stemming from genetically carried defects/diseases.
We do have a purpose 100%. Nobody knows it yet for sure. We do know a few things about our fate though, which is that there's going to be a heat death of the universe, which will ultimately end us. If we were supposed to not have an ulterior purpose, we would have never moved on beyond a single cell organisms or whatever, never left the caves. Our more immediate matters are escaping the earth/solar system for one, as there's only a few billions years left for this solar system.
Now we have computers, ability to analyse and observe things and to make deductions from what we observe and experience, we are able to begin to comprehend the micro and macro worlds that are within the laws of the universe. Just this fact alone means there's a purpose, otherwise we wouldn't need to learn and or understand such things, which are by the way VERY unintuitive and would make no sense to any person on a first glance. Everyone would call you out for being wrong and or talking nonsense, because it's that unbelievable in fact. I.e. quantum physics, mechanics or just dynamics.
For now on individual level you could think that our purpose is to be happy and on humanity as a whole, is to progress and achieve a higher understanding. One could argue that our purpose is to escape this universe(escape the death).
OBVIOUSLY populace is not able to make the choices, especially the correct choices. Too many bad things are happening and will keep on happening.
Very few people are able to make choices which are good for them long term, over the choices which are good for them short term. Ultimately also, very few people are in such a position to make such choices. Most of everyone is often forced into a choice, because things are working incorrectly in the first place(misguided world and the direction of humanity)

• Hmm...
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing