I've seen a few new people asking about skin stuff recently, so here we go.

B

benignice

Diamond
Its that time again boys, throw any skincare questions you might have my way and I'll do what I can to help.

I do also have a few questions for you though that have come to mind through being on here a while:
- What is the obsession with DIY-ing everything rather than just buying a product where someone else has done the hard work for you?
- Why are some of y'all so willing to do surgery/steroids/etc but as soon as it comes to putting "chemicals" on your face (and god forbid they're not "natural") you freak out? (I'm genuinely interested in this one, the naturalistic fallacy is fascinating to me)
- Why cite a scientific article if you don't know how to properly read one?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Wallenberg, CertBroly, Deleted member 4387 and 31 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, HighIQcel, diggbicc and 21 others
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: HighIQcel, Deleted member 1680, LowTierNormie and 10 others
I have big pores and moderately dry skin, my skin is like flaky and shit. I want smooth skin, what products should I use?

• +1
Reactions: GoMadAndSTFU
I want to have male model skin what should i do?

I am going to buy:
Vit C serum+ hyaluric serum
Moisturizer with SPF (effaclar duo+ spf30)
Avene cleanser
Derminator 2
RedLight therapy
Retinol
Exfoliate

How should i apply all of that like moisturuze after vit C or before etc

And will it give me male model skin?

What is the obsession with DIY-ing everything rather than just buying a product where someone else has done the hard work for you?
Most of us are legit autistic and want to maximize everything that we DIY to the point of diminishing returns
Why are some of y'all so willing to do surgery/steroids/etc but as soon as it comes to putting "chemicals" on your face (and god forbid they're not "natural") you freak out?
Barely anybody does surgery/roids

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8229, Chadelite, Norwooder and 1 other person
What’s the best approach to tanning if I am using Retin-A? Fake self-tanner or legitimate tanning w/ MT2?

I have big pores and moderately dry skin, my skin is like flaky and shit. I want smooth skin, what products should I use?
As a minimum, a decent cleanser, moisturiser and SPF. To deal with the flaking use an AHA and to deal with the "flat" look a decent humectant like glycerin or hyaluronic acid.
How should i apply all of that like moisturuze after vit C or before etc

And will it give me male model skin?
It depends on the products and whether or not you're using them all every day but if you are, the order of products would be:
Morning- cleanse, exfoliant, vitamin C, moisturiser.
Evening- cleanse, retinol, moisturiser.
There is no guarantee that it will give you what you mean by "male model skin" but honestly in my experience, a lot of models have shitty skin.
What’s the best approach to tanning if I am using Retin-A? Fake self-tanner or legitimate tanning w/ MT2?
Fake tan. One of the main reasons for using a retinoid is to try to fix the photoageing that has been done previously. Why would you then intentionally go out and do more of that same damage?
I am considering any options, IE red light therapy, acid peels, dermaroll etc: what can I do to take my skin to next level? Thanks!
If you're only 16 find a reputable esthetician in your area and see what they recommend. And for fucks sake wear sunscreen every day.
Most of us are legit autistic and want to maximize everything that we DIY to the point of diminishing returns

Barely anybody does surgery/roids
But that's my point, a lot of the DIY-ing isn't going to be any more effective than an off the shelf product.
That's fair enough. But the point still stands, what is the big freak out with "chemicals"?

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and SexyMofo
As a minimum, a decent cleanser, moisturiser and SPF. To deal with the flaking use an AHA and to deal with the "flat" look a decent humectant like glycerin or hyaluronic acid.

It depends on the products and whether or not you're using them all every day but if you are, the order of products would be:
There is no guarantee that it will give you what you mean by "male model skin" but honestly in my experience, a lot of models have shitty skin.

Fake tan. One of the main reasons for using a retinoid is to try to fix the photoageing that has been done previously. Why would you then intentionally go out and do more of that same damage?

If you're only 16 find a reputable esthetician in your area and see what they recommend. And for fucks sake wear sunscreen every day.

But that's my point, a lot of the DIY-ing isn't going to be any more effective than an off the shelf product.
That's fair enough. But the point still stands, what is the big freak out with "chemicals"?
Thx,

Is effaclar duo+ SPF30 a good moisturizer?

And also what product for undereye? i want smooth undereye

Is hyaluronic acid in moisturizer and cleanser enough for someone with dry skin type or should I get a hyaluronic acid serum aswell?

what’s the best sunscreen? i don’t wanna get a bunch of bad chemicals on my face every day. is there a good natural one?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, Deleted member 3123 and Mateusz74
Why is it good to exfoliate face everyday? I thought it irritated face.
Considering we’ll be using retinol as well it seems to me that there is a serious potential for too much irritation

it is 7-10 degrees in my city on most day. Should I. Still wear a low SPF sunblock?

• +1
Reactions: HQNPmaxxing
Should I be using sunscreen even if I'm sure I won't leave the house that day?

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
I am going to buy:
hyaluronic acid
hyaluronic acid is useless when applied topically, the molecule is too big to penetrate and be absorbed by skin.

natural one?

What do you even mean by natural tbh ?
And
Why are some of y'all so willing to do surgery/steroids/etc but as soon as it comes to putting "chemicals" on your face (and god forbid they're not "natural") you freak out? (I'm genuinely interested in this one, the naturalistic fallacy is fascinating to me)

How do I get rid of dark circles under my eyes?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
hyaluronic acid is useless when applied topically, the molecule is too big to penetrate and be absorbed by skin.
If i derminator just before so the pore are open?

Thx,

Is effaclar duo+ SPF30 a good moisturizer?

And also what product for undereye? i want smooth undereye
Effaclar duo+ is a good moisturiser if you've got oily or breakout-prone skin, yes. Personally I prefer a separate SPF since we tend to not apply enough moisturiser to get the advertised SPF protection but something is better than nothing.
In terms of under eye, at your age its mostly a case of just keeping it hydrated- if you really want to use a specific product just get a good, basic eye cream.
Is hyaluronic acid in moisturizer and cleanser enough for someone with dry skin type or should I get a hyaluronic acid serum aswell?
I've got incredibly dry skin and it's not enough for me but it may be for you- you'll really just have to give it a go. Remember with cleansers though you're washing them off so the hyaluronic wouldn't have much time to work on your skin.
what’s the best sunscreen? i don’t wanna get a bunch of bad chemicals on my face every day. is there a good natural one?
Define natural. But there are literally hundreds- find a texture you like with a decent SPF and UVA rating.
Why is it good to exfoliate face everyday? I thought it irritated face.
Considering we’ll be using retinol as well it seems to me that there is a serious potential for too much irritation

it is 7-10 degrees in my city on most day. Should I. Still wear a low SPF sunblock?
It depends on what product you're using. If you're using a low strength AHA or BHA then you will likely be okay- introduce it slowly and pay attention to your skin if you're using it with a retinoid, if you need to, back off a little.
Yes.
Should I be using sunscreen even if I'm sure I won't leave the house that day?
If you're sitting directly in front of a window for any length of time then yes, if not, nah don't worry about it.
Just because a molecule isn't absorbed doesn't mean that its useless. That's not how any of this works.
How do I get rid of dark circles under my eyes?
Depends on the reason for the dark circle. Some of them you can't do much about with topical products.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846, jj43, Deleted member 4887 and 1 other person
Effaclar duo+ is a good moisturiser if you've got oily or breakout-prone skin, yes. Personally I prefer a separate SPF since we tend to not apply enough moisturiser to get the advertised SPF protection but something is better than nothing.
In terms of under eye, at your age its mostly a case of just keeping it hydrated- if you really want to use a specific product just get a good, basic eye cream.

I've got incredibly dry skin and it's not enough for me but it may be for you- you'll really just have to give it a go. Remember with cleansers though you're washing them off so the hyaluronic wouldn't have much time to work on your skin.

Define natural. But there are literally hundreds- find a texture you like with a decent SPF and UVA rating.

It depends on what product you're using. If you're using a low strength AHA or BHA then you will likely be okay- introduce it slowly and pay attention to your skin if you're using it with a retinoid, if you need to, back off a little.
Yes.

If you're sitting directly in front of a window for any length of time then yes, if not, nah don't worry about it.

Just because a molecule isn't absorbed doesn't mean that its useless. That's not how any of this works.

Depends on the reason for the dark circle. Some of them you can't do much about with topical products.

Can i get rid of the blue under my eye? I never use cream in this area

And thx for the info, what do you think about oils?

Attachments

• E177EA87-ED8B-4CC4-810C-9DDAFF70AB9B.jpeg
    E177EA87-ED8B-4CC4-810C-9DDAFF70AB9B.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 26
  • 73D73256-EDE7-4689-BB34-C390286138B2.jpeg
    73D73256-EDE7-4689-BB34-C390286138B2.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 5B35D9E5-1E3C-442F-A346-400D5351098A.jpeg
    5B35D9E5-1E3C-442F-A346-400D5351098A.jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 62
Can i get rid of the blue under my eye? I never use cream in this area

And thx for the info, what do you think about oils?
There's no blue there- not that I can see in those pictures at least.
Depends on the kind of oil and what its being used for.

There's no blue there- not that I can see in those pictures at least.
Depends on the kind of oil and what its being used for.
I have big budget but the pb is i dont know what to buy to get maximum results.

My skin is not oily neither dry its nrmle, sometimes i got pimples only when i eat lot of sugar

I have 0blackspot or acne this is my skin idk if in picture i can know what type of skin i have. I just want the best skin care routine

Attachments

• 618B4AA0-FC4A-4C1C-8D41-431B5909E49F.jpeg
    618B4AA0-FC4A-4C1C-8D41-431B5909E49F.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 73
  • 05515D55-B194-4B82-B066-56B9EFB60E96.jpeg
    05515D55-B194-4B82-B066-56B9EFB60E96.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 68
I have big budget but the pb is i dont know what to buy to get maximum results.

My skin is not oily neither dry its nrmle, sometimes i got pimples only when i eat lot of sugar

I have 0blackspot or acne this is my skin idk if in picture i can know what type of skin i have. I just want the best skin care routine
In that case: cleanser, AHA, vitamin C, moisturiser, SPF, maybe a retinoid.
Don't introduce all the new products at once.
Wear sunscreen every day.
Don't overthink it and let it consume your life.

• +1
Reactions: CertBroly
Should my final skincare routine include BP? Hoe often to use it for upkeep?
BHA vs AHA, what do you think?
BHA, Vitamin c, retinol. Would you throw in anything else for final skincar routine?

In that case: cleanser, AHA, vitamin C, moisturiser, SPF, maybe a retinoid.
Don't introduce all the new products at once.
Wear sunscreen every day.
Don't overthink it and let it consume your life.
Ok thx should i add hyaluric serum with vit C, and coconut oil in the face every night is it good?

Ok thx should i add hyaluric serum with vit C, and coconut oil in the face every night is it good?
Yeah a hyaluronic serum with vitamin C would work. I'm not a fan of coconut oil though as a moisturiser.

Its that time again boys, throw any skincare questions you might have my way and I'll do what I can to help.

I do also have a few questions for you though that have come to mind through being on here a while:
- What is the obsession with DIY-ing everything rather than just buying a product where someone else has done the hard work for you?
- Why are some of y'all so willing to do surgery/steroids/etc but as soon as it comes to putting "chemicals" on your face (and god forbid they're not "natural") you freak out? (I'm genuinely interested in this one, the naturalistic fallacy is fascinating to me)
The DIY thing is most likely we not as knowledgeable as you, so are suspicious of off-the-shelf solutions as not being incomplete.
On AMA- what advice can you give on being lighter skinned??
Yeah a hyaluronic serum with vitamin C would work. I'm not a fan of coconut oil though as a moisturiser.
Can you reccomend a concentration and well known brand of each?

The DIY thing is most likely we not as knowledgeable as you, so are suspicious of off-the-shelf solutions as not being incomplete.
On AMA- what advice can you give on being lighter skinned??

Can you reccomend a concentration and well known brand of each?
If its from a reputable brand, its almost certainly going to work (maybe not as well as you want but it will). At the end of the day if it didn't, they'd lose customers and that's the last thing they want.
I won't touch skin lightening with a barge pole, sorry dude.
I assumed he meant a hyaluronic and vitamin C combined serum? But in the guide I wrote there are a few recommendations for products in each of those categories.

Ok thw and last question what do you think about oral supp like collagen etc
Do you recommand them? or are they useless

Ok thw and last question what do you think about oral supp like collagen etc
Do you recommand them? or are they useless
They're not my area. I will say that I've yet to be convinced by them though.

H
If its from a reputable brand, its almost certainly going to work (maybe not as well as you want but it will). At the end of the day if it didn't, they'd lose customers and that's the last thing they want.
I won't touch skin lightening with a barge pole, sorry dude.
I assumed he meant a hyaluronic and vitamin C combined serum? But in the guide I wrote there are a few recommendations for products in each of those categories.
Hyaluronic acid and vitamin c in the AM I think you are very clear on as a no brainer, what do you say for PM, if there was one retinol product and one lactic acid product (if these are even needed), and that DONT darken skin, what would you reccomend??

H

Hyaluronic acid and vitamin c in the AM I think you are very clear on as a no brainer, what do you say for PM, if there was one retinol product and one lactic acid product (if these are even needed), and that DONT darken skin, what would you reccomend??
A retinol and a lactic shouldn't darken skin. If you're just starting out, start with a low strength retinol- there is always time to increase the strength. As far as lactic goes, it depends on where you're at and how much you want to spend. Again, product recs are in the guide.

A retinol and a lactic shouldn't darken skin. If you're just starting out, start with a low strength retinol- there is always time to increase the strength. As far as lactic goes, it depends on where you're at and how much you want to spend. Again, product recs are in the guide.
M8 you forgot me :(

Should my final skincare routine include BP? Hoe often to use it for upkeep?
BHA vs AHA, what do you think?
BHA, Vitamin c, retinol. Would you throw in anything else for final skincar routine?
Sorry bro, I totally missed it, thanks for letting me know.
If you need to use benzoyl peroxide then use it. I personally wouldn't use it any longer than I needed to though.
Depends what you want them for- they do different jobs.
Depends on your skin type and concerns. I assume you mean actives and not the basics like cleanser, moisturiser and SPF? Get a decent humectant in there- whether thats as a separate product or within your moisturiser.

Sorry if I'm low IQ, where's the guide?

• +1
Reactions: CertBroly
Sunscreen May Hurt Male Fertility, Study Warns

A recent study from the University of Copenhagen showed that chemicals commonly found in sunscreen may have adverse effects on human sperm function, possibly contributing to declining male fertility rates.

Sunscreens frequently employ ultraviolet filters in the form of chemicals, and those chemicals can be absorbed into the bloodstream. But the University Copenhagen study classifies some of these chemicals as "endocrine disrupting," noting they can adversely affect the health of the human endocrine system.
The team of researchers tested 29 of the 31 UV filters approved for use in sunscreens in the U.S. or European Union and found that 45 percent of them showed inhibiting effects on human sperm cells.

Sunscreen May Hurt Male Fertility, Study Warns

A recent study from the University of Copenhagen showed that chemicals commonly found in sunscreen may have adverse effects on human sperm function, possibly contributing to declining male fertility rates.

Sunscreens frequently employ ultraviolet filters in the form of chemicals, and those chemicals can be absorbed into the bloodstream. But the University Copenhagen study classifies some of these chemicals as "endocrine disrupting," noting they can adversely affect the health of the human endocrine system.
The team of researchers tested 29 of the 31 UV filters approved for use in sunscreens in the U.S. or European Union and found that 45 percent of them showed inhibiting effects on human sperm cells.

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Wallenberg, CertBroly, Deleted member 4645 and 6 others
Any tips on self-tanning lotions?
I just found out the ones with DHA actually make your skin produce melanin sans sunlight, I've always thought it just dyed it brown jfl :lul:

Thank you that’s what I figured. Do you have any recommendations for fake tan?

Any tips on self-tanning lotions?
I just found out the ones with DHA actually make your skin produce melanin sans sunlight, I've always thought it just dyed it brown jfl :lul:
Thank you that’s what I figured. Do you have any recommendations for fake tan?
For the face, the Tax Luxe Super Glow is a good one. I've never used any on my body though so couldn't comment on those.

• +1
Reactions: SexyMofo
Keep aplying autistically chemicals on your face and give the jews money

Keep aplying autistically chemicals on your face and give the jews money
I mean I tend to get the vast majority of stuff I use free from work so technically they're giving me money....

For the face, the Tax Luxe Super Glow is a good one. I've never used any on my body though so couldn't comment on those.
How often would you use this stuff, approximately how long does a bottle last and do the effects fade away if you stop using it?

How often would you use this stuff, approximately how long does a bottle last and do the effects fade away if you stop using it?
I would use it once a day as a replacement for whatever other hydrating serum I was using. I can't comment on how long a bottle would last since I've never used it straight through- I chop and change a lot so its hard to keep track of how long something has lasted. Yes, the effects fade when you stop using it.

@benignice can you explain the benefits of topical niacinamide (spray form)

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
@benignice can you explain the benefits of topical niacinamide (spray form)
I bloody love niacinamide. Copied from the guide I wrote since my feelings haven't changed really:
  • Really great anti-inflammatory properties so it can be very helpful for acne or mild to moderate rosacea. There’s also some evidence that niacinamide can help increase ceramide and fatty acid levels in the stratum corneum, thereby reducing TEWL and improving the skin’s barrier function. Additionally there is some limited evidence that niacinamide can help with hyperpigmentation, although there are other ingredients that are better and have much more literature backing up their use in this area.

Paula's Choice also have a pretty decent write up about it (although bare in mind that they do see various niacinamide products so aren't an unbiased party here. Link.

• Love it
Reactions: Seth Walsh
What do you think about this?

Is it legit?

What do you think about this?

Is it legit?
Yes, you almost certainly have Demodex mites living on you. Are they problematic? Almost certainly no.
I'm not sure how they've come up with the idea that the acne is caused by the mites?
Yes, you also have yeasts growing on your skin. Again, they almost certainly don't cause a problem. Visit a dermatologist if you're concerned.

• +1
Reactions: Curry