Jaw surgery vs custom implants

Deleted member 10449

Deleted member 10449

Zephir
What is better in terms of results and money? Idc about invasiveness, recovery period and paid, but something realistic (don't tell me about LF3 nobody will do that cosmetically)

I am specifically interested in custom jaw wraparound implant and infraorbital malar implants, and am wondering if there is better solution with osteotomies

• +1
Reactions: reptiles
custom implants IF you don't have chin/maxilla recession.

if you're recessed, you must first fix the recession and then go for implant.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg, aspieSavage, to_stop_da_cope and 4 others
for overall recession, jaw surgery

for specific areas like undereyes, chin(still doubtful,improving angles in areas like ramus, jaw or cheekbones implants mog.

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov and Deleted member 10449
if youre recessed, it probably means you have a bad bite, sleep apnea, your jaws are badly turned, your lips are in the back position, your chin doesnt exist and so on, it all means you need jaw surgery, if you dont have either, osteotomies are useless from an aesthetic point of view, because it is a sagittal movement.

if youre not recessed, then it would be better go for implants because you can add mass, horizontally shape which changes your face from an aesthetic point of view quite dramatically.......... and zygos osteotomy is a scam

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 10449
For forward advancement:
Bimax >> Wrap around jaw implants

For width:
Chin Wing osteotomy >> Wrap around jaw implants

No wrap around jaw implants can deliver results which look natural and aesthetic as these:

Bimax (CCW rotated both of them)
kmlAAuC.jpg

n8mMYwU.jpg

Chin Wing
313c727c17f1357a22b5b53e3c37f558
2a81b7289cdeb97d934464fdc0002da4

1157518c4a6add5e7952bcb7e200c78e
5545cc616626a06ab0d942b9dd728412

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: MedMaxxing, sytyl and Deleted member 10449
if youre recessed, it probably means you have a bad bite, sleep apnea, your jaws are badly turned, your lips are in the back position, your chin doesnt exist and so on, it all means you need jaw surgery, if you dont have either, osteotomies are useless from an aesthetic point of view, because it is a sagittal movement.

if youre not recessed, then it would be better go for implants because you can add mass, horizontally shape which changes your face from an aesthetic point of view quite dramatically.......... and zygos osteotomy is a scam

Even when somebody is forward grown, wrap around implants usually are fake looking. They only look good if they're done with extreme conservatism, like minimal augmentation of a few millimetres. And if you can only get a few mm's without looking fake, your better off doing Chin Wing because its your own bone, 0 chance of bone resorption or infection, which are common with jaw implants, especially the bone resorption.

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal and Deleted member 10449
For forward advancement:
Bimax >> Wrap around jaw implants

For width:
Chin Wing osteotomy >> Wrap around jaw implants

No wrap around jaw implants can deliver results which look natural and aesthetic as these:

Bimax (CCW rotated both of them)
kmlAAuC.jpg

n8mMYwU.jpg

Chin Wing
View attachment 798431View attachment 798432
View attachment 798434View attachment 798433
Literal ascensions

But how do you know if you are recessed? I have none of these health problems that you mention. I just want a wider jaw, more chin projection, and to augment my cheeks, which are not strong but certainly not-non-existent

Even when somebody is forward grown, wrap around implants usually are fake looking. They only look good if they're done with extreme conservatism, like minimal augmentation of a few millimetres. And if you can only get a few mm's without looking fake, your better off doing Chin Wing because its your own bone, 0 chance of bone resorption or infection, which are common with jaw implants, especially the bone resorption.
I read somewhere that not everyone is a candidate for a chin wing due to the position of the nerves or lack of bone mass

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, MentalistKebab and Deleted member 4797
that's ridiculous. how the fuck "0 chance" lol

Because there's nothing foreign in your jaw. After recovery, there's 0 risk of anything happening to your jaw. Its the same as if you never had surgery

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10449
I read somewhere that not everyone is a candidate for a chin wing due to the position of the nerves or lack of bone mass

In that case implants should be the last resort, only if you have sent a CT Scan to a Chin Wing surgeon and they refused you

• +1
But how do you know if you are recessed? I have none of these health problems that you mention. I just want a wider jaw, more chin projection, and to augment my cheeks, which are not strong but certainly not-non-existent

PM me, I'll help out

• +1
Because there's nothing foreign in your jaw. After recovery, there's 0 risk of anything happening to your jaw. Its the same as if you never had surgery
dude come on, there tons of "bad end" results in jawsurgeryforum. ok your bone is of course better than implant but osteotomy is not a fairy tale like you described.
it's a cliche in this forum, everyone keep talking about "the bone!!" but it's not aesthetically better than implants and it's far more serious surgery than implants.
risk of nerve damage is far more serious in osteotomies.

• +1
Reactions: bossman, Mongrelcel and Deleted member 4430
dude come on, there tons of "bad end" results in jawsurgeryforum. ok your bone is of course better than implant but osteotomy is not a fairy tale like you described.
it's a cliche in this forum, everyone keep talking about "the bone!!" but it's not aesthetically better than implants and it's far more serious surgery than implants.
risk of nerve damage is far more serious in osteotomies.

The bad results are from people who got their surgery on insurance, didn't know about aesthetics to show the surgeon what to do, and the surgeons are giving functional results not aesthetic, because its from insurance.

I dont know anybody on jawsurgeryforums who is well versed on aesthetics, who complained about their result. Its always the people who didn't do their research and trusted their surgeon blindly

if you choose a surgery just because the recovery is less exhausting you shouldnt do the surgery at all. you cant make aesthetical compromises when it comes to your face

modified le fort 3 friend

if you choose a surgery just because the recovery is less exhausting you shouldnt do the surgery at all. you cant make aesthetical compromises when it comes to your face

I said literally the opposite

Its always the people who didn't do their research and trusted their surgeon blindly
and that's same for implants too. no difference.
however osteotomy still is more invasive surgery than implants.

and that's same for implants too. no difference.
however osteotomy still is more invasive surgery than implants.
I haven't seen a good wrap around jaw implant result ever, unless it was subtle as in 2.5mm width augmentation each side.

Zygo implants look good imo, because they are a naturally thick and rounded bone. But with the jaw implant you cant get the natural definition of a real jaw unless you stay minimalistic, but again at that point chin wing is the best option for long term safety.

Zygo implants look good imo, because they are a naturally thick and rounded bone.
no it's because you've seen very good examples in this forum, that's why you think it's a good procedure.
i'm suggesting you to go to one of the best plastic surgeon's office and see their catalog. majority of the people here never ever go an consult a surgeon face to face and see their catalog but yet keep talking shit about implants, like memorizing what other's say. "osteotomies > implant", "lefort or die etc"...
even my local plastic surgeon has numerous very good jaw implant results. they just cannot share online due to privacy.

no it's because you've seen very good examples in this forum, that's why you think it's a good procedure.
i'm suggesting you to go to one of the best plastic surgeon's office and see their catalog. majority of the people here never ever go an consult a surgeon face to face and see their catalog but yet keep talking shit about implants, like memorizing what other's say. "osteotomies > implant", "lefort or die etc"...
even my local plastic surgeon has numerous very good jaw implant results. they just cannot share online due to privacy.

Fair enough, I can only go by what I've seen though. I browse through Dr Andreischev and Dr Brusco on instagram to see chin wing results. Jaw implant mostly seen Eppley or Yaremchuk custom implant results.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
for overall recession, jaw surgery

for specific areas like undereyes, chin(still doubtful,improving angles in areas like ramus, jaw or cheekbones implants mog.
you are right, and still there are cases of recessedcels that ascended only with implants. It is possible to get jaw implants wirh recession. Still it is not a good idea, but not everybody is brave enough to go for hardcore bimax surgery. Implants are so less invasive.

Fair enough, I can only go by what I've seen though. I browse through Dr Andreischev and Dr Brusco on instagram to see chin wing results. Jaw implant mostly seen Eppley or Yaremchuk custom implant results.
Have you ever seen a good brusco result? They are very very conservative. I really dont know why. Mostly almost zero psl gain.

Have you ever seen a good brusco result? They are very very conservative. I really dont know why. Mostly almost zero psl gain.
You can always ask for more, but his results are good for what they are trying to do (at best moderate improvement).

• +1
Reactions: to_stop_da_cope
I think custom jawline Implants are way better than jaw surgeries

Custom Jawline Implant + Chin Wing + Lefort I/Modified III =PSL Boost