Jaw Surgery

TwoThirds

TwoThirds

Iron
My upper two thirds are okay but my lower third is suboptimal. My jaw has ZERO definition and my chin is slightly receding, which makes me look feminine and my head look like a potato.

I have been looking at some surgeries which might fix that and talked to some people in this community, who have told me that the bsso surgery is best. However, it costs 20-40k USD, probably won't be covered by my insurance and I would have to wear braces for 8 months before the surgery.
I have found an alternative way which is less expensive and craves less time. I could get a mandibular angle implants and a chin implant. I am new to this forum and culture and thus I would appreciate your advice greatly!

The patient in the picture got a chin and angular mandible implants (and rhinoplasty, please ignore that).

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-29 um 18.38.21.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-29 um 18.38.21.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 206
he looks like shit in both pics

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
he looks like shit in both pics
He does. I certainly don't look as ugly as he does, but he unequivocally looks better in the second pic.

Attachments

• 4642535884_2dcb7f90fc_o.jpg
    4642535884_2dcb7f90fc_o.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 225
  • jaw-augmentation.jpg
    jaw-augmentation.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 328
He does. I certainly don't look as ugly as he does, but he unequivocally looks better in the second pic.

this jaw surgery looks like cope, I'm barely noticing a difference and in one of the pics it was just some chin reduction bull shit

I got a very simple solution that only costs a few dollars

mask2.jpg

only works in asia though

• +1
Reactions: SquareChinOrDeath

the right guy got an extreme legit hairtransplantation

this jaw surgery looks like cope, I'm barely noticing a difference and in one of the pics it was just some chin reduction bull shit

I got a very simple solution that only costs a few dollars

mask2.jpg

only works in asia though
Chin reduction? He got a chin implant to have a protruding chin. I just took a look at the pictures again and the difference is clearly notable. I don't know what you are talking about.

Chin reduction? He got a chin implant to have a protruding chin. I just took a look at the pictures again and the difference is clearly notable. I don't know what you are talking about.

jaw-augmentation-jpg.6535

the chin on the right if half as small lol

Implants and fillers are definitely not the best solution. You're basically just hiding your inadequate bone structure with them. Remember, it's not just about aesthetics, although the aesthetics from proper maxilla/mandible advancement are always going to beat implants. There are medical reasons as well. If you have a retruded maxilla, then it's probably compromising your airway to some degree, especially when you adopt the proper neck posture (McKenzie tuck). If you have a retruded mandible (which you almost certainly do) then you can suffer from all kinds of pops, clicks and pain. It can cause difficulty in chewing tough foods (my jaw sometimes locks when I do). Surgery will fix these issues and improve your aesthetic immensely (if done properly) without having a bunch of fake crap on your face.

My instinct would be to see if I can get diagnosed with medical issues related to a retruded jaw, and use them to claim the surgery on insurance. Who knows, you might get some of it covered and make it more affordable.

Your other option is to use an appliance like FAGGA, which is reported to create real forward growth in the maxilla, with the mandible catching up naturally. Still very expensive though, and you probably won't get the kind of counter-clockwise jaw rotation that jaw surgery can give you. For a retruded/receding jaw, counter-clockwise rotation is exactly what you want. Look at a 3/4 posed photo of you facing to the right. Imagine taking the entire jaw and rotating it counter-clockwise, and reflect on how much better you would look.

Guy on the right: shit plastic surgery, probably done by some money-grubbing Upper East Side surgeon who's building a beachside mansion in Florida by making elderly Jewish women look like frogs. The problem with his jaw is that it is way too much and clashes aesthetically with his round, feminine eyes. If that surgeon was a true artist who cared about facial balance he would have used a few less syringes.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: MrMaxilla
Implants and fillers are definitely not the best solution. You're basically just hiding your inadequate bone structure with them. Remember, it's not just about aesthetics, although the aesthetics from proper maxilla/mandible advancement are always going to beat implants. There are medical reasons as well. If you have a retruded maxilla, then it's probably compromising your airway to some degree, especially when you adopt the proper neck posture (McKenzie tuck). If you have a retruded mandible (which you almost certainly do) then you can suffer from all kinds of pops, clicks and pain. It can cause difficulty in chewing tough foods (my jaw sometimes locks when I do). Surgery will fix these issues and improve your aesthetic immensely (if done properly) without having a bunch of fake crap on your face.

My instinct would be to see if I can get diagnosed with medical issues related to a retruded jaw, and use them to claim the surgery on insurance. Who knows, you might get some of it covered and make it more affordable.

Your other option is to use an appliance like FAGGA, which is reported to create real forward growth in the maxilla, with the mandible catching up naturally. Still very expensive though, and you probably won't get the kind of counter-clockwise jaw rotation that jaw surgery can give you. For a retruded/receding jaw, counter-clockwise rotation is exactly what you want. Look at a 3/4 posed photo of you facing to the right. Imagine taking the entire jaw and rotating it counter-clockwise, and reflect on how much better you would look.

Guy on the right: shit plastic surgery, probably done by some money-grubbing Upper East Side surgeon who's building a beachside mansion in Florida by making elderly Jewish women look like frogs. The problem with his jaw is that it is way too much and clashes aesthetically with his round, feminine eyes. If that surgeon was a true artist who cared about facial balance he would have used a few less syringes.
Thank you for the detailed reply!
While I do have a slightly retruded mandible, long face, recessed maxilla etc. I do not have any serious issues except for aesthetic ones. I only breathe through my nose, I do not have sleep apnea and my intermolar distance is normal for modern humans (it's ca. 38mm). I think it would be very hard to convince anyone that I want a jaw surgery for medical reasons since my mandible is not severely recessed and I do not suffer from it.
What exactly is FAGGA? Is it a surgery?

I had an orthognathic surgery (BSSO) this month, also commonly called Jaw surgery. It is done to fix jaw protrusions and bite issues such as an underbite, overbite etc. While such a surgery does improve your jaw definition as happened in my case, it isn't one that is meant for that purpose.

You say that your jaw has zero definition and chin is receding. What you need isn't an orthognathic surgery but custom wraparound jawline implants. Anyone who suggests a jaw surgery to you is not to be taken seriously. The surgery is perhaps the most expensive and also harsh one in terms of recovery. I had it because I needed it. You don't need it. But still if you post pics, people will be able to help better.

I had an orthognathic surgery (BSSO) this month, also commonly called Jaw surgery. It is done to fix jaw protrusions and bite issues such as an underbite, overbite etc. While such a surgery does improve your jaw definition as happened in my case, it isn't one that is meant for that purpose.

You say that your jaw has zero definition and chin is receding. What you need isn't an orthognathic surgery but custom wraparound jawline implants. Anyone who suggests a jaw surgery to you is not to be taken seriously. The surgery is perhaps the most expensive and also harsh one in terms of recovery. I had it because I needed it. You don't need it. But still if you post pics, people will be able to help better.
As you can see in this picture my jaw is subhuman. It ruins my whole face. My gonial angle is probably above 135 degrees.

Attachments

• 20181130_151226.png
    20181130_151226.png
    401.2 KB · Views: 166
As you can see in this picture my jaw is subhuman. It ruins my whole face. My gonial angle is probably above 135 degrees.
Jaw angle and jawline Implants are what you need. Barry Eppley is perhaps the best when it comes to them. You should consult him if you are serious.

Jaw angle and jawline Implants are what you need. Barry Eppley is perhaps the best when it comes to them. You should consult him if you are serious.
Yeah I also think that implants are the best solution. Thanks for the recommendation! I will look him up.

Thank you for the detailed reply!
While I do have a slightly retruded mandible, long face, recessed maxilla etc. I do not have any serious issues except for aesthetic ones. I only breathe through my nose, I do not have sleep apnea and my intermolar distance is normal for modern humans (it's ca. 38mm). I think it would be very hard to convince anyone that I want a jaw surgery for medical reasons since my mandible is not severely recessed and I do not suffer from it.
What exactly is FAGGA? Is it a surgery?

It's an appliance that you wear.

jaw-augmentation-jpg.6535

the chin on the right if half as small lol

Seriously this dude looks worse in the after pic. And why would he dye he's hair into that shit color. Dark brown is ideal

• +1
Reactions: Zesto
You need gonial and jaw line implants not BSSO. Yes you should consult Eppley. Post your pic on Realself.com and he might answer. You can contact him through realself directly and get a consultation for free.

You need gonial and jaw line implants not BSSO. Yes you should consult Eppley. Post your pic on Realself.com and he might answer. You can contact him through realself directly and get a consultation for free.
Problem is that I don't live in the US. I live in Switzerland, so that's quite a distance...

Problem is that I don't live in the US. I live in Switzerland, so that's quite a distance...
Ok then you have find a cosmetic surgeon near you.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-02 um 14.47.34.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-02 um 14.47.34.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 96