• JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and OOGABOOGA
  • +1
When I tried carnivore it gave me brutal diarrhea
Either your body was adjusting or you are genetically not meant for a carnivore diet tbh, my ancestors all primary ate meat, lard and milk tbh, tallest people in Europe for a reason

• Woah
  • +1
Either your body was adjusting or you are genetically not meant for a carnivore diet tbh, my ancestors all primary ate meat, lard and milk tbh, tallest people in Europe for a reason
Maybe. I’m mostly Irish and German. Northern blood. But yeah I would go carni for a few days then start shutting my guts up and then binge eat carbs bc I’d be so depleted of glycogen and electrolytes

• +1
Maybe. I’m mostly Irish and German. Northern blood. But yeah I would go carni for a few days then start shutting my guts up and then binge eat carbs bc I’d be so depleted of glycogen and electrolytes
It was your body adjusting, it takes atleast 2 weeks and up to a month until your body stabilizes. I like carnivore cause it cured my IBD and i feel super energetic and jfl im not someone hating on people being vegan, do what makes you feel best, but the biggest problem with veganism is that majority of plants have anti nutrients and shit bioavaibility of vitamins

• +1
  • Woah
It was your body adjusting, it takes atleast 2 weeks and up to a month until your body stabilizes. I like carnivore cause it cured my IBD and i feel super energetic and jfl im not someone hating on people being vegan, do what makes you feel best, but the biggest problem with veganism is that majority of plants have anti nutrients and shit bioavaibility of vitamins
Yeah I was pretty into researching it so I’m very sold on animal nutrition. Just don’t have the discipline to push through weeks of shitting myself and then not eating my favorite foods when my dad either cooks something tasty or we order pizza or something most nights. I still eat a lot of grass fed beef, Amish eggs, raw milk, occasional organ meat. I just also eat some garbage as well

• +1
Yeah I was pretty into researching it so I’m very sold on animal nutrition. Just don’t have the discipline to push through weeks of shitting myself and then not eating my favorite foods when my dad either cooks something tasty or we order pizza or something most nights. I still eat a lot of grass fed beef, Amish eggs, raw milk, occasional organ meat. I just also eat some garbage as well
Im just worrying that lots of animal fat actually does cause arteriosclerosis. The studies on LDL vs HDL are still not really conclusive, we only know the LDL brings more risk for arteriosclerosis but the biggest problem is that we can't determine if this is correlation or causation tbh. Dr Saladino was talking something abiut this, even though imo he is biased

• +1
  • Woah
Im just worrying that lots of animal fat actually does cause arteriosclerosis. The studies on LDL vs HDL are still not really conclusive, we only know the LDL brings more risk for arteriosclerosis but the biggest problem is that we can't determine if this is correlation or causation tbh. Dr Saladino was talking something abiut this, even though imo he is biased
Indeed I doubt I’ll ever go full carnivore but I’ll strive for a mostly natural diet heavy on animal. There’s lots to learn from carnivore but that doesn’t mean it’s right

• +1
Any extreme is bad in the long term. Especially eating nothing but meat, even more so if you buy conventional meat

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
Any extreme is bad in the long term. Especially eating nothing but meat, even more so if you buy conventional meat
Meat only isn't bad in any way long terms, meat provides you with all vitamins in a much better bioavabile form ( only 3% of the beta carotene in carrots gets converted to vit A jfl) without the anti nutritional part. The only risk factor of this diet is the LDL, but from all studies i have read on this high LDL is only bad if you don't have high HDL as well and if you have a sedentary lifestyle, smoke etc.

• +1
  • Woah
Meat only isn't bad in any way long terms, meat provides you with all vitamins in a much better bioavabile form ( only 3% of the beta carotene in carrots gets converted to vit A jfl) without the anti nutritional part. The only risk factor of this diet is the LDL, but from all studies i have read on this high LDL is only bad if you don't have high HDL as well and if you have a sedentary lifestyle, smoke etc.
Big if true

Why would any sane person choose such a one-sided diet in the first place, if you have access to all foods? I know that having IBD can be frustrating and make you want to try everything for relief but restricting your diet isn‘t even necessary. You can still eat organ meats if you‘re worried about vitamin A or iron deficiency but there‘s no reason to exclude other foods from your diet, like fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy, nuts and legumes. Also good luck getting enough electrolytes and intact water soluble vitamins with such a diet. Not even getting started on the financial and economical aspect.