Just came from the ortho 4.5 months into facepulling + expanding.

Its based on mse, but its not mse, it has screws like mse, my ortho doesnt always use screw appliances thou , he uses an adapted version of hyrax too and he achieved rly good results aswell, like he decreased the mew line by 4mm on a 27 year old patient( her best result ). Only xrays will 100% tell it, however everything in my face looks wider, besides the lower jaw( cause it doesnt have sutures ) , philtrum width was the most common and apparent one mentioned even by other people, thn there are thing like cheeckbones being more flanged, maybe a sligther deeper nasion , however changes in this are are more subtle and outside people wont probably notice them from the getgo , like if i expanded my maxilla 6 mms like i did i will probably add 6mms to my philtrum in terms of width but in terms of cheeckbones i might only get 30% of that making it less noticeable
Add 6mm to the Philitrum? Does that mean you’ll have a longer philitrum?

Add 6mm to the Philitrum? Does that mean you’ll have a longer philitrum?
No
Ye its scuffed editing, but the point his the area above the lips is wider , which makes sense since my mouth is wider, people that have narrow mouths all have a narrow philtrum too, like the other guy

Attachments

• philtrum width.png
    philtrum width.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 92
  • narrow.jpg
    narrow.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 92
No
Ye its scuffed editing, but the point his the area above the lips is wider , which makes sense since my mouth is wider, people that have narrow mouths all have a narrow philtrum too, like the other guy

Ah so its basically just proportionally expanding with the mouth?

• +1
Reactions: softLoverr
Ah so its basically just proportionally expanding with the mouth?
Yes, will have my next appointment in 6 weeks and will updated in everything, the major if atm is can the lower jaw catch up, cause if it doesnt i cant expand the upper h«jaw more or the bite becomes off, which sucks cause i would like to go all the way to 50mm like our ancestors but at this point it seems ver unrealistic. Ive been protracting my maxilla so far about 1mm every 2 months, im also curious if i can keep it up or if im going to hit a plateau.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 6403, curryslayerordeath and 1 other person
this guy is gonna be next jordan Barrett lol. did ur eyes become more narrower? did the cheekbones come more forward?

Took some measurements, my mouth corners are further apart thus i have a wider mouth , had no tipping whatsoever went from 37mm to 43mm imw, taking a 1-2 month break right now to let the lower jaw catch up.
Most promising thing my mew line went from 50mm to 48mm, and my rammus is longer all indicating rotation of the lower jaw.

im 23 btw
Did you jaw get wider ?

Where did you get that? thx

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, BackFromTheMogging and sloopnoob
hard to say, however my lower arch seems to finally be expanding after adding the lower jaw wire and using the bands 20hrs+/day

probably not, cheeckbones have more volume ye

ortho
i meant what country

Its based on mse, but its not mse, it has screws like mse, my ortho doesnt always use screw appliances thou , he uses an adapted version of hyrax too and he achieved rly good results aswell, like he decreased the mew line by 4mm on a 27 year old patient( her best result ). Only xrays will 100% tell it, however everything in my face looks wider, besides the lower jaw( cause it doesnt have sutures ) , philtrum width was the most common and apparent one mentioned even by other people, thn there are thing like cheeckbones being more flanged, maybe a sligther deeper nasion , however changes in this are are more subtle and outside people wont probably notice them from the getgo , like if i expanded my maxilla 6 mms like i did i will probably add 6mms to my philtrum in terms of width but in terms of cheeckbones i might only get 30% of that making it less noticeable
Please PM me your ortho

Is your midface shorter now?

Which country and how much it costed you? I am interested as fuck

Is your midface shorter now?
The distance between the tip of my nose and incisors is shorter so yes in theory my midface appears and is shorter.

For all the people asking about my ortho she doesnt take international patients atm, unless u live in portugal dont bother.

hard to say, however my lower arch seems to finally be expanding after adding the lower jaw wire and using the bands 20hrs+/day

probably not, cheeckbones have more volume ye

ortho
Damn mate. Do you have a pic of the contraption? And also do you believe that lower jaw expansion is possible non surgically?

Yes, will have my next appointment in 6 weeks and will updated in everything
Bumo

Also is this bone-anchored facepulling, or just regular facepulling like @nelson is doing?

Bumo

Also is this bone-anchored facepulling, or just regular facepulling like @nelson is doing?
I dn rd but it is most likely toothanchored

I didnt its his protocol , he said lower jaw appliance is vital for keeping jaws shut and using more force vectors , pulling at the back of the lower jaw downwards rotates the jaw, lenghens the rammus and shortens the midface. * In Theory *
what is this lower jaw appliance called?

Yes, will have my next appointment in 6 weeks and will updated in everything, the major if atm is can the lower jaw catch up, cause if it doesnt i cant expand the upper h«jaw more or the bite becomes off, which sucks cause i would like to go all the way to 50mm like our ancestors but at this point it seems ver unrealistic. Ive been protracting my maxilla so far about 1mm every 2 months, im also curious if i can keep it up or if im going to hit a plateau.
Can you make an update? Some further results of facepulling?

op, any update? and what part of portugal?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
I didnt its his protocol , he said lower jaw appliance is vital for keeping jaws shut and using more force vectors , pulling at the back of the lower jaw downwards rotates the jaw, lenghens the rammus and shortens the midface. * In Theory *
Makes sense you would pull down and then forward for ccw

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
Interesting
Any further updates ?