Just noticed Red Light therapy on face might have lightened eye color

Soalian

Soalian

Kraken
I'm just posting this off the bat, so no pics for now (I'll update),

but basically, I'm using a red light lamp on my face for 10 minutes five times daily, for the collagen benefits (Eyes open receiving full light).

I've been doing it intermittently for 5-6 weeks now, and I just noticed that my medium brown-hazel eyes look lighter in the mirror today (lighter shade of hazel), in natural light.

Might be placebo of course, I'll keep an eye on it (lol) in the next few days, to see if I'm hallucinating.

Cofounding factors may be my subjective point of view, and a slight change in diet; but other than that, there's nothing I can think of to explain the for change

Red lamp is red light 660nm and near-infrared light 850nm combined

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, Clark69, Deleted member 10551 and 6 others
interesting if legit

do you see the lights differently? everything is greener for a while after using the lamp

• +1
Reactions: Soalian
tbh im just gonna put tyrosinase inhibitors in my eye if stroma doesnt come out

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 6423, Soalian and 1 other person
Big if true

• +1
(Eyes open receiving full light).
wtf?
they told me always to protect eyes?

only short time is adised, i just read. like 2 minutes.
Red light safe

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: far336, Clark69, FootLongDong and 4 others
Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 10652, TheChosenChad and 3 others
interesting if legit

do you see the lights differently? everything is greener for a while after using the lamp
Yes of course, UV lights look different colors for up to 1-2 minutes after a session, but it quickly fades, and goes back to normal.

Aside from that, no changes in eyesight to report

im skeptical of this ngl

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
idk but lol latanoprost will make your eyes darker
Yes I'm mixing up the name with another drug I don't remember, supposed to lighten eye color as an off-label usage

Ive had uv light therapy and it slightly lightened my eyes as well

• +1
I've been using a facemask for three years about 3x weekly. No change in eye color

Do you keep your eyes closed while on?
Yes. I don't think it's healthy to keep them open. The manual recommends wearing eye protection

• +1
Yes. I don't think it's healthy to keep them open. The manual recommends wearing eye protection
Yes I never read the instructions, maybe I should

Ive had uv light therapy and it slightly lightened my eyes as well
UV light is a different spectrum than Red Light, or IR, or near-IR, so I can't comment on your experience.

Please elab if you'd like to

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
Which tool do you use? Amazon link?

Did you notice any more changes @Soalian? I use it anyway 1x/week currently and my eyes are already light green but I might test it by keeping them open for 1-2min because why not.

But in theory I'd say it would make them rather darker similar to how your skin gets darker when tanned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back