Keeping your chin tucked and proper head posture

Deleted member 3593

Deleted member 3593

Mistral
I didn't realize until now but in my side profile pics I had a bit of forward head posture (even way worse in some videos where it looked a nerd neck). I worked on slightly bringing my chin in and forehead slightly down (easy slight canthal tilt boost) and it makes a big difference (if done right the back of the head should be touching or slightly be off the wall along with the heels, butt, shoulders without arching anything. I don't think it should be too excessive but your neck looks much shorter and thicker if you have your chin tucked in but you also have to mew along with it to bring your hyoid up.

Most fighters/wrestlers have very thick necks because of this and it's a basic technique to have ur chin tucked since your neck is stronger and more braced and obviously not an easy target. A long, extended neck looks weak because it is weak.

Some people have suggested sleeping without a pillow so you basically will sleep 8 hours with proper neck posture which adds up a ton in the long run.

TLDR: chin in, forehead slightly down for better posture, slightly better looking neck and canthal tilt boost. In the long run it will make your neck muscles thicker along with neck training.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: diggbicc, Ayush and DrOtaku
WRESTLERS HAVE THICK NECKS SINCE THEY TRAIN THEIR NECK

NOT FROM DOING A "CHIN TUCK"
also i sleep without a pillow

have done since summer

miring my neck

• +1
Reactions: jordanbarrettisgod, Deleted member 2846 and Deleted member 3593
WRESTLERS HAVE THICK NECKS SINCE THEY TRAIN THEIR NECK

NOT FROM DOING A "CHIN TUCK"

Of course but proper neck posture will strengthen your neck too. Neck training takes 15 minutes at most theres still a lot of time throughout the day where you can strengthen your neck with good posture.

EDIT: I'm going to start trying to sleep without a pillow, it seems really tough but worth it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14848 and Chadelite
Of course but proper neck posture will strengthen your neck. Neck training takes 15 minutes at most theres still a lot of time throughout the day where you can strengthen your neck with good posture.

EDIT: I'm going to start trying to sleep without a pillow, it seems really tough but worth it.
nah man it is worth it

took my a few days to get used to it

start today

so easy to do

just don't use a pillow

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3593
nah man it is worth it

start today

so easy to do

just don't use a pillow

Sick man I’ll start doing it.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
I didn't realize until now but in my side profile pics I had a bit of forward head posture (even way worse in some videos where it looked a nerd neck). I worked on slightly bringing my chin in and forehead slightly down and it makes a big difference (if done right the back of the head should be touching or slightly be off the wall along with the heels, butt, shoulders without arching anything. I don't think it should be too excessive but your neck looks much shorter and thicker if you have your chin tucked in but you also have to mew along with it to bring your hyoid up.

Most fighters/wrestlers have very thick necks because of this and it's a basic technique to have ur chin tucked since your neck is stronger and more braced and obviously not an easy target. A long, extended neck looks weak because it is weak.

Some people have suggested sleeping without a pillow so you basically will sleep 8 hours with proper neck posture which adds up a ton in the long run.

YO ELLIOT "The fasting insanity"
Screenshot 20191228 203711 Chrome

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3593
The thing is chin tucking makes my jaw look worse from the front and gives me double chin

• +1
Reactions: MogTheMogger
The thing is chin tucking makes my jaw look worse from the front and gives me double chin
it makes your side profile worse aswell, shit advice

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9072 and MogTheMogger

this, its why i dont chintuck. trying to fix my back but knowing that it will make my jaw shit, ogre

nah man it is worth it

start today

so easy to do

just don't use a pillow
Only posture benefits from nopillow yes?

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
nah man it is worth it

start today

so easy to do

just don't use a pillow
will fixing fhp cause my jaw to look recessed? imean in longterm when fixed not temporary excerises. i have good forward growth.