Let's not lie, MSE is a bit of a cope

We must keep fighting for the IPD solution

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 685
Some ortho-friend of John Mew, don't got the time to search that shit right now, but tldr: young enough + palatal expansion=IPD gains, fwhr gains
We must keep fighting for the IPD solution
@SayNoToRotting 's method seems to be the way to go, but no clue what part of the orbitals to pull

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and PubertyMaxxer
MSE IS COPE AND IT'S ALL THE FAULT OF @CopeAndRope FOR PROMOTING IT HERE. I HOPE HE'S ROTTING IN HELL. THAT HIGH IQ MOFO. @streege your opinion on it?
In my opinion Copeandrope disappeared because he roped after overcorrecting his IMD

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Chadelite, Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2227 and 2 others
  • +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, varbrah and curryslayerordeath
https://looksmax.org/threads/why-mse-gives-minimal-ipd-expansion.123915/ - posting my little theory here for more people to see this for potential IPD gains

Just a shower thought - after mse splits the suture you could pull your zygos outwards for a long period of time to distribute a expanding force to the top of the maxilla to widen the upper half/orbitals as well which would increase IPD

it should work in theory since the reason you need MSE is simply to split the suture, after that threshold is met you need much lower amounts of force to push the maxilla apart, and your hands would probably be sufficient in providing enough force - the caveat is no one really knows how much time you would need to do this for to cause a widening of the upper maxilla

• +1
The closure of midpalatal suture (MPS) usually occurs at a certain age, i.e., 11–13 years in girls and 14–16 years in boys. Hence, understanding MPS maturation and its individual variability are essential to predict the effect of rapid maxillary expansion (RME) on adolescents and adults

• +1
https://looksmax.org/threads/why-mse-gives-minimal-ipd-expansion.123915/ - posting my little theory here for more people to see this for potential IPD gains

Just a shower thought - after mse splits the suture you could pull your zygos outwards for a long period of time to distribute a expanding force to the top of the maxilla to widen the upper half/orbitals as well which would increase IPD

it should work in theory since the reason you need MSE is simply to split the suture, after that threshold is met you need much lower amounts of force to push the maxilla apart, and your hands would probably be sufficient in providing enough force - the caveat is no one really knows how much time you would need to do this for to cause a widening of the upper maxilla

I'm legit have an ante clined maxilla would this fix it

• +1
Lil brother don’t be too hard on yourself.

After this shit storm is done get ur passport and travel to the Dominican Republic as a good looking blonde Nordic with blue eyes you will have a lot of fun in there imo

• +1
mse on its own is really overrated here, there’s many more things that go into attractiveness besides how wide your maxilla is, but in combination with high forces and FM you could get significant results

mse + fm is probably the single best thing for midface reduction outside of a midface shortening lefort due to CCW rotation of the maxilla
u cant ccw rotate without surgery bro
stop w the cope
its literally impossible, where will the f ing excess bone go, dissapear?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 685
stop w the cope
True

• +1
stop w the cope
If you push up the entire maxilla and the front goes up more than the back it’s a CCW rotation, and it is proven that you can change the vertical location of the maxilla even in adults

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike, Deleted member 6401 and BonesAndHarmony
If you push up the entire maxilla and the front goes up more than the back it’s a CCW rotation, and it is proven that you can change the vertical location of the maxilla even in adults
It was only proven to work in studies with monkeys who have way softer alveolar bones

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Elias
It was only proven to work in studies with monkeys who have way softer alveolar bones
Nah there’s like 3 studies that show it can move here’s one just control f 1.5 or 2 idr

• Woah
  • +1
Nah there’s like 3 studies that show it can move here’s one just control f 1.5 or 2 idr

Nowhere did they say they pulled upwards though and her alveolar bone etc is more down now so they pulled downwards

• +1
Nowhere did they say they pulled upwards though and her alveolar bone etc is more down now so they pulled downwards

all orthos are bluepilled and would pull downward, but if you can pull it downward and you are pulling at a downwards angle it stands to reason if you pull upwards it will also move up, won moon did a simulation study on what the maxilla does if you pull up and it shows just that

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike, Chadelite, Deleted member 6401 and 1 other person
all orthos are bluepilled and would pull downward, but if you can pull it downward and you are pulling at a downwards angle it stands to reason if you pull upwards it will also move up, won moon did a simulation study on what the maxilla does if you pull up and it shows just that
Yeah he did a simulation study, and when you look a lt the studies with those pics it shows the exact opposite. You said you had studies about this and then showed one where they pulled downwards where you're not compressing excess bone aka you can easily pull

• +1
stop w the cope
Now IK why users hate Greycels; I thought it was a meme but they’re genuinely lazy and don’t research for shit. There’s no excess bone; the bone simply rotates at a certain angle instead of bone decreasing
475B99F0 FF6B 47FA AE8F 94BD27191146

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, Deleted member 5385, Deleted member 6401 and 1 other person
MSE is overated, but it isn't cope, but it seems it has been hailed as some holy grail. this won't ascend you hard on its own, and even though it shows improvements in many areas, the underwhelming statistics for things like IPD got many psl autists overly excited about this procedure. Although, MSE + FM and MSDO all together seems very promising, and until anything is 100% proven, there is still a chance it will or not work. There is a risk of downwards growth, even when using a positive angle, as no one has ever done it that way. But in my opinion it is a worthy risk to take.

• +1
i only care about mse for cheekbones
I NEED BETTER CHEEKBONES
View attachment 342346
Top tier bone structure
What I never understood is if CCW rotation can make the nose vertically shorter, like some kind of compression, what do you think? If that's possible even only 3 mm of shortening could make a huge difference for longmidfacecels. Midface shortening + widening of byzigomatic widht = holy grail of all looksmaxing efforts.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385, Deleted member 6401 and Vidyacoper