[LL] How much of impaired physical function would you give up for extra 4 inches of height?

O

OCDMaxxing

Sphinx
What about you guys?

If you had option to get extra 4 inches of height, how much would you give up in terms of mobility and athletic function, explosiveness, etc...?

10%, 20%, 30%, more?

I'm 6'2'', but since it is average these days I will have to undergo LL to get to 6'6'' or 6'7'' GigaChad height.

I'm super athletic, but not a professional athlete. It is mostly a hobby of mine. So in reality I would not care that I won't be able to "run as good" or "jump as high" as before. But if it impairs mobility and functioning something like 40% I probably won't do it.

I still have not decided how much I am willing to lose in those aspects.

Then again height >>>>>>> athleticism.

• +1
Reactions: NormieKilla and Extra Chromosome

heightcel

1.) Leg lengthening is currently the only method that's 100% guaranteed to increase your height. It's not the only way. People have blasted supraphysiological doses of rHGH for weeks/months and seen their height increase by up to 1.5 inches (a small amount, but an increase nonetheless) as a result of hyaline cartilage hypertrophy and periosteal bone growth; this phenomenon doesn't occur for everyone who tries it, however

There's also another experimental method using a compound called Relaxin that is produced by pregnant women during the gestation period. As the name implies, the compound is responsible for "relaxing" tendons, ligaments and muscles, particularly around the pelvic area - this helps women accommodate the constantly changing size of the growing fetus and also facilitates delivery of the child

Many women have reported that their height increased during pregnancy (google "got taller while i was pregnant"), and relaxin is the most likely cause, as the phenomenon seems to occur mostly in women who had short torsos (they would've needed a longer torso to provide more space for the infant in their womb)

2.) With regard to your observation that LL patients end up with "tall unmanly legs": I see this claim made a lot, and it makes me wonder whether people really understand how leg lengthening works

The "progress" pictures taken by LL patients are only intended to showcase their height increase. They are taken periodically during the LL process (at intervals of the patient's or doctor's choosing) and, in most cases, immediately after completion of the process (that is, as soon as the patient reaches their desired height and the lengthening process is discontinued)

The reason why patients' legs look emaciated and frail in these pictures is that LL renders patients functionally immobile for the duration of the process. In short: you are looking at pictures of people who have not stood or walked without considerable mechanical assistance (wheelchair, walker, crutches) for months on end. Their legs are small due to MUSCULAR ATROPHY resulting from disuse, not the lengthening of their bones itself

There have been threads on makemetaller/leglengtheningforum where LL patients post videos/pics of themselves doing squats/sprints/other leg exercises months after their recovery period was up and their legs were back to their normal size, some were even bigger (makes sense, new bone tissue that grows in during convalescence phase is thicker than the original bone, just like it would be if you had broken your legs in an accident or something)

The reason why this "LL makes your legs small and stick-like" meme came about is that people rarely post pictures of themselves in their "completely recovered state" after LL surgery because no one who is on a leg lengthening forum is there to stay long-term.

These forums aren't like lookism, /r9k/, r/short, socialanxietyforums, etc. The people who post on them are there because they actually want to fix their lives, not just complain and shitpost about maxillas or whatever.

Nobody there wants to live the rest of their lives thinking about how they had to get extraordinarily painful invasive surgery to correct a flaw they didn't bring on themselves, or how they used to be short and treated like subhuman trash by society. 99% of people who post there leave after getting their surgery, with only a few of them writing patient diaries/experiences that end as soon as they're done lengthening, then they never come back to the forums

I still have not decided how much I am willing to lose in those aspects.

heightcel

I can certainly see why you would say that, given the risk of complications and general inconvenience of the surgery (bedridden for months, can't walk, etc)

It's certainly true that the risks of permanent complications aren't worth the potential benefits of the height increase that LL can confer when it comes to people who aren't exceedingly short to the point that it represents a significant detriment to their social status and overall quality of life.

You, for example, are 5'8" (I think I've seen you say this before but I might be wrong). At your height, you're "short" relative to the average caucasian male, yes. However, the disparity is one of 2 inches, which isn't as immediately obvious or egregious as the 5+ inch disparity between the average LL patient and the average caucasian male.

Outside of circles like the Misc and Lookism, 5'8" is not a "death sentence". You're not going to be regularly treated with condescension (in worse cases, contempt) by the average person. Other men won't be as readily confrontational with you as they would be with a guy who's <5'6". Your odds in the social/sexual market are comparable to a man of average height, and it's still within the realm of possibility that you can reach average height with 1" lifts, which are not noticeable the way 2"+ lifts are (yes, people notice these)

Understand that the effects of "heightism" are vastly underestimated by society at large. Most people refuse to even entertain the possibility that something like that even exists (if you bring it up people will just call you insecure or laugh at you outright), despite the massive body of evidence that it does

The idea that height has a profound effect on every facet of a person's life is completely foreign to the average person for the simple reason that everyone knows "this one guy who's [insert some short height value here] and he's super funny and has a great personality and gets tons of girls", so people assume that anyone who complains about "heightism" just "has no game"/"is insecure and needs therapy"/etc

What they don't realize is that this "short friend" (if indeed he exists) might well get women and have friends, but he's not actually taken seriously. He's like a clown or some other form of entertainer - a novelty to be laughed with (and at). Notice how the "short guy" is always portrayed as comic relief in sitcoms/other media.

As far as the average LL patient is concerned (<5'7"), their lives are already ruined, thus the prospect of "LL ruining their life" isn't a concern for them. They've spent their entire lives being discriminated against based on their height and understand exactly how important it is, which is why they're willing to undergo a procedure like LL in the first place.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Racky, AscendingHero, RedPilledStemcel and 11 others
100%

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Autist, AspiringChad, The Dude Abides and 1 other person
tldr but none

There's also another experimental method using a compound called Relaxin that is produced by pregnant women during the gestation period. As the name implies, the compound is responsible for "relaxing" tendons, ligaments and muscles, particularly around the pelvic area - this helps women accommodate the constantly changing size of the growing fetus and also facilitates delivery of the child
I'm yet to see any cases of men taking relaxin and getting taller. It is either inaccessible or downright dangerous. Or maybe it does not work in men. Anyway, if it worked, /r/short would be all over it.

2.) With regard to your observation that LL patients end up with "tall unmanly legs": I see this claim made a lot, and it makes me wonder whether people really understand how leg lengthening works
Tall legs are actually manly if they are trained and I don't see why you couldn't train your legs and blast some HGH to get the hyperplasia in tissue required for the new bone length. Small chubby legs are cherub like and infantile. Tall legs are manly and elegant.
There have been threads on makemetaller/leglengtheningforum where LL patients post videos/pics of themselves doing squats/sprints/other leg exercises months after their recovery period was up and their legs were back to their normal size, some were even bigger (makes sense, new bone tissue that grows in during convalescence phase is thicker than the original bone, just like it would be if you had broken your legs in an accident or something)
Lifefuel.
You, for example, are 5'8" (I think I've seen you say this before but I might be wrong). At your height, you're "short" relative to the average caucasian male, yes. However, the disparity is one of 2 inches, which isn't as immediately obvious or egregious as the 5+ inch disparity between the average LL patient and the average caucasian male.
Are you talking to me? I'm not 5'8'', I'm 6'2''.

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
Are you talking to me? I'm not 5'8'', I'm 6'2''.
It is a copy paste from my role model predecessor. I linked the thread where he posted as well.

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides
6'5 and have no vertical jumping ability:feelscry:

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Autist, The Dude Abides, RichardSpencel and 1 other person
Zero. I know 5’11 is not ideal but it’s not so short that I’d consider LL. JFL at you considering LL at 6’2.

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides and justanothergymcell
Zero. I know 5’11 is not ideal but it’s not so short that I’d consider LL. JFL at you considering LL at 6’2.
GigaChad height or death

• +1
Reactions: National Rodgerism, kobecel, Extra Chromosome and 1 other person
Become a physically impaired vegetable and 7' tall theory
Id give up 100% of my mobility ngl

• +1
Reactions: National Rodgerism, The Dude Abides, RichardSpencel and 3 others
No surgeon is going to LL on someone who is 6'2 or transplant a hairline of a 13 year old on someone who is already nw3 in their 20's. I totally agree with the other poster that outside of incel circles, being 5'7+ is within the range of normal and not something that completely ruins your life in order to neccesitate a brutal surgery such as this.

If you want to handicap yourself for 4 inches then you're already retarded enough

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: dogtown, Ritalincel, kobecel and 8 others
If you want to handicap yourself for 4 inches then you're already retarded enough
Cope. An autistic sperg in a wheelchair who is tall mogs any manlet

• +1
Reactions: kobecel, The Dude Abides, RichardSpencel and 2 others
Cope. An autistic sperg in a wheelchair who is tall mogs any manlet
Lol, height is only important because it makes you dominant

If you look like a fucking SCP or are in a wheelchair, it's over

Also if you're 5'7'' and have the most expensive LL, you will still be a manlet

• +1
Reactions: dogtown, kobecel, Autist and 2 others
Lol, height is only important because it makes you dominant

If you look like a fucking SCP or are in a wheelchair, it's over

Also if you're 5'7'' and have the most expensive LL, you will still be a manlet
180cm is human cutoff, you would be manlet but still human.
Foids are willing to exterminate all sub 5'11 guys, mark my words.

• +1
Reactions: National Rodgerism, Autist and Extra Chromosome
No surgeon is going to LL on someone who is 6'2 or transplant a hairline of a 13 year old on someone who is already nw3 in their 20's. I totally agree with the other poster that outside of incel circles, being 5'7+ is within the range of normal and not something that completely ruins your life in order to neccesitate a brutal surgery such as this.
First of all, Paley will do LL if I hand in 100k$.

And NW0 on me is very realistic and docs confirmed it. I have absolutely stopped any recession and am on strongest possible anti-androgens for almost a decade. Docs take this into account and told me that my expectations are reasonable, but my hairline design was not as aggressive as the one in thread the other dude posted.

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
I already have impaired physical function. Scoliosis surgery gets rid of 20%-80% of flexibility (because mine is my entire spine its up there near 80% for me)

I haven't been the same since.

Fuck these jew doctors. Looksmaxing is my cope but in the back of my head I know its over and I'll never be low inhib badass like I was before surgery.

• +1
Reactions: AspiringChad
Kys fag

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Autist and Extra Chromosome
No I need to have all my physical ability since im a athlete. Max 1 percent

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome and NickGurr
I'd give up 30% so that I could still walk normally and run.
I'm not outside a lot anyways so I pretty much am only in a non-sitting position when doing grocery shopping or when sleeping. So a little less mobility wouldn't be too bad for me.

• +1
I'm some where between 6'3 and 6'4.I'm happy with this height,tbh.
I'm tall,but not so tall that I'd be considered a freak of nature.
I'm complete trash at team sports but when It comes to pure athletic capability (running/jumping..ect.) I gigamog,most people I know.
6'2 is enough,tbh.

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides and Extra Chromosome
I'm 6'2'', but since it is average these days I will have to undergo LL to get to 6'6'' or 6'7'' GigaChad height.

This is what happens when people marinate in echo chambers. Unless you are in Netherlands, Montenegro or Bosnia 6'2 is not average. I just attended my sisters sorority event at a university campus in the second tallest state in the US with a very strong scandinavian ancenstry and only caucasians were present. I would estimate the average among males to be 5'11 or maybe 6 foot. I was definitely taller than well over 50% of men at 6'1.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides and dodt
I just attended my sisters sorority event in the second tallest state in the US. I would estimate the average among males to be 5'11 or maybe 6 foot. I was definitely taller than well over 50% of men at 6'1.
That feel when you're 5'8" and shorter than 98% of males

• +1
Reactions: National Rodgerism, AspiringChad, SayNoToRotting and 1 other person
5'8 is rough i'm not gonna sugar coat it. Do you have face?

6:2 is ideal you autist

I’m 5:10-5:9 and I feel kinda average tbh

• +1
Reactions: Autist and androidcel
  • +1
Reactions: OCDMaxxing
I'd give up 20 IQ points for 2 inches in height

Going from 6’2 to 6’6 by LL is stupid. The ideal height is like 6’3-6’4 anyways. You can reach that with hgh+stretching+lifts

• +1
Reactions: Autist and SayNoToRotting
4 inches of height,
Holy shit that is way too much.
Even when you use both femurs and tibias.
You can only stretch muscle tissue that much, before you get medical problems like when you can’t lift your foot anymore, forgot how it is called.
I wouldn’t do over 5cm on the femur and over 4cm on the tibia. Of course 5cm on femur isn’t translated to 5cm total height gain, because of the bicondylar angle.
You could get a good 3 inches tbh.

• +1
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Autist, mrdolphin, SayNoToRotting and 2 others
My ideal height is 6'-6'1

All I want to be is a 5'10ish big skulled gorilla, I don't place any significant value on height.

But yeah, not worth losing the ability to walk properly just for 2 inches of height gain, I will stick to my 5'8 then, no thanks

All I want to be is a 5'10ish big skulled gorilla, I don't place any significant value on height.

But yeah, not worth losing the ability to walk properly just for 2 inches of height gain, I will stick to my 5'8 then, no thanks
It is not as dangerous as you think. Especially if you go for only 2 inches

I was considering it for quite some time. But eventually decided to go for looksmaxing through steroids instead and try to heightmax with less drastic measures

Also my legs are already quite long relatively to my body. So I may look weird after the op

If you think your height is your problem, you are even more sperg than I thought.

• +1
Reactions: Baki and Deleted member 1139
mog or death

• Love it
6'2-6'4 is ideal wtf bro... Anything taller than this just looks weird

• +1
Reactions: Autist, Extra Chromosome and androidcel
David Laid is 6'2"

• +1
Reactions: Baki
And Jeff Seid is only 5’9.5 according to celebrityheights

So? Both of them have god tier faces. You don't. So you must be outlier in height for height whores to ignore your sub-par faces.

All the gymbros are saying my legs are too thin and shit, but women have only said positive things about them. Legs are meme for dudes. Women prefer men with long, slender athletic legs. Straight from horses mouth.

0 because height is irrilevant with women, but I would give 20cm of my average height to have a midface 1cm shorter

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: National Rodgerism, itsoverbuddyboyo and androidcel
Maybe 20% or so? I dont do any strenuous physical activity anyway, but I absolutely would not accept ANY pain or discomfort when walking or running for any amount of increase.

Maybe 20% or so? I dont do any strenuous physical activity anyway, but I absolutely would not accept ANY pain or discomfort when walking or running for any amount of increase.
Not even temporary? So cll is not for you.

Not even temporary? So cll is not for you.

I read the title as being permanent.

If its temporary then more impairment becomes more of an option.

LL is for the insane only though.

Would never do LL. I'm 6"1.5 - 6"2 and it would be better to be 6"4 tbh. But I can use the newly discovered height underfrauding method where if I'm the tallest in a group I say I'm 6ft, so the girl will automatically think all the other dudes are <5"11 and will frameframe her mind. >:). Works at mogging 6ft dudes when you're 6"2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back