LL internals vs externals

Squirtoutmabooty

Squirtoutmabooty

Just Be First truther
@Dope this is my plan if all else fails, is there any reason to do externals beside cost?

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
Nope. Greater risk of infection.

But don't do precice for tibias at all. IT leaves you with knee pain.

How tall are you? If you are 5'6 like I remember, then 3 inch internals will be the move.

Nope. Greater risk of infection.

But don't do precice for tibias at all. IT leaves you with knee pain.

How tall are you? If you are 5'6 like I remember, then 3 inch internals will be the move.
Ok. This is just a backup plan in case my posture really isn't messing up my height some. I've gotten different opinions on that so idk

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
Ascension or death

Internal infection (much more serious) can happen with internals..

With externals you’re much more likely to get external/pin site infections which can be quickly solved with antibiotics..

With internals you would need immediate surgery and you’re also at risk of clotting and instant death with internals...That’s why it’s best to do 1 leg at a time..

That and mobility

• +1
Reactions: tylerhunter97 and Squirtoutmabooty
Internal infection (much more serious) can happen with internals..

With externals you’re much more likely to get external/pin site infections which can be quickly solved with antibiotics..

With internals you would need immediate surgery and you’re also at risk of clotting and instant death with internals...That’s why it’s best to do 1 leg at a time..

That and mobility

Wtf! If you don't know anything, don't speak.

Virtually no one gets infection with internals, whereas it is very common with externals. No one has died from the LL Surgery yet except one who died because of some blood problem which was due to surgeon's carelessness.

Virtually no one gets infection with internals, whereas it is very common with externals. No one has died from the LL Surgery yet except one who died because of some blood problem which was due to surgeon's carelessness.

Has anyone lost the ability to walk normally forever?

• +1
Reactions: I'mme

You’re a fucking retard

Did I say everyone gets an internal infection??? No..but you’re much more prone to getting it with internals than externals. There’s virtually zero risk with externals

Fat embolism occurrence (can cause death) happens in more than 1% of cases

From the LL forum (which I visit frequently because I actually get procedures and you don’t)

“Deep vein thrombosis (throm-BO-sis), or DVT, is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body. Blood clots occur when blood thickens and clumps together.

Most deep vein blood clots occur in the lower leg or thigh. They also can occur in other parts of the body.

A blood clot in a deep vein can break off and travel through the bloodstream. The loose clot is called an embolus (EM-bo-lus). It can travel to an artery in the lungs and block blood flow. This condition is called pulmonary embolism (PULL-mun-ary EM-bo-lizm), or PE. (different from fat embolism!)

PE is a very serious condition. It can damage the lungs and other organs in the body and cause death.

Blood clots in the thighs are more likely to break off and cause PE than blood clots in the lower legs or other parts of the body. "

Thighs = femurs

Get a clue

Last edited:
You’re a fucking retard

Did I say everyone gets an internal infection??? No..but you’re much more prone to getting it with internals than externals. There’s virtually zero risk with externals

Fat embolism occurrence (can cause death) happens in more than 1% of cases

From the LL forum (which I visit frequently because I actually get procedures and you don’t)

“Deep vein thrombosis (throm-BO-sis), or DVT, is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body. Blood clots occur when blood thickens and clumps together.

Most deep vein blood clots occur in the lower leg or thigh. They also can occur in other parts of the body.

A blood clot in a deep vein can break off and travel through the bloodstream. The loose clot is called an embolus (EM-bo-lus). It can travel to an artery in the lungs and block blood flow. This condition is called pulmonary embolism (PULL-mun-ary EM-bo-lizm), or PE. (different from fat embolism!)

PE is a very serious condition. It can damage the lungs and other organs in the body and cause death.

Blood clots in the thighs are more likely to break off and cause PE than blood clots in the lower legs or other parts of the body. "

Thighs = femurs

Get a clue
Dude. Calm down. I have been a member of that forum for about an year. AFAIK, only a patient died from pulmonary embolism. He was the case of guichet and the reason the carelessness from both Surgeon and the patient.

Medications are give for Pulmonary embolism in each and every case - dunno why guichet didn't give it to him.

Almost all LLers who do external get some sort of infection which is rare in case if internals, although it can be very dangerous.

Dude. Calm down. I have been a member of that forum for about an year. AFAIK, only a patient died from pulmonary embolism. He was the case of guichet and the reason the carelessness from both Surgeon and the patient.

Medications are give for Pulmonary embolism in each and every case - dunno why guichet didn't give it to him.

Almost all LLers who do external get some sort of infection which is rare in case if internals, although it can be very dangerous.
Pin site infections can be cured with antibiotics

If you get an internal infection you’re fucked..surgery is needed

It doesn’t matter what has happened..if you were actually truly considering LL you’d worry about fat embolism even if rare..

At least I would...it would be legit misery to fucking know you had one..Nd it side tracks everything

Although having to consider getting a bone graft due to lack of healing could probably top that in misery for me..

Has anyone lost the ability to walk normally forever? completely well within 8-12 months.
Depends how you define normally. Most patients are able to walk like 90% to completely well within 8-12 months. This is with Stryde though. With externals you can't even walk for like 4-6months let alone walking normally. With internals, you can start walking like in the 2nd week itself.
Pin site infections can be cured with antibiotics

If you get an internal infection you’re fucked..surgery is needed

It doesn’t matter what has happened..if you were actually truly considering LL you’d worry about fat embolism even if rare..

At least I would...it would be legit misery to fucking know you had one..Nd it side tracks everything

Although having to consider getting a bone graft due to lack of healing could probably top that in misery for me..
" If you get.." that's what I'm saying. Post diaries where LLers doing internals got infections. It is rare.

Bone graft is required due to lack of bone growth. Again, this is highly unlikely to occur if you have it done with the likes of Paley, Parihar etc since they would ask you to stop lengthening if they don't see bone growth.

Amputation tho.

Last edited: