Looks affects work also (shows/proofs a very well done study)

eduardkoopman

eduardkoopman

Sub-Mod
Firstly, attractive looking people are not more or less intelligent (or capable). (source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4415372/ )

But still, attractive looking people get better employment. BOTH, men and women.
"Two findings clearly stand out from our analysis of people's socio-economic standing. Firstly, facial attractiveness does matter, both for men and women, and secondly, its impact is constant over the employment history." (source: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S027656241200056X?via=ihub )

• +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3, randomguy1235, Schönling and 13 others
Yes and the effects of attractiveness is amplified in careers such as business where the way you carry yourself has more impact. If you're ugly you're better off doing a job thats a simple task with minimal required human interaction.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Alt Number 3, randomguy1235, Zeta ascended and 5 others
Jfl, there's this 6'8 blue eyed Aryan at work and he's a simple worker, never achieved a high position in life, the boss is a 5'8 high E framed nerd. It actually looks wrong. You expect physically dominant people to be in the high positions

water is wet

No brainer

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2012, Deleted member 2621 and toolateforme
My eyes are dry cuz I cried too much

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: BigBoy, Alt Number 3, Zeta ascended and 3 others
I remember of reading that more than 50% of business man are over 6 feet

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2227

Thx
Images 4

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
To add. I don't know most of them, whom they are.
But the ones I do know; are NOT hired employees imo. They are the (co-)founder and owner of these companies. Like Bill Gates, Besos, Musk, Suckerberg.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
Wow, who would've thought

Sorry, but when it comes to work and moneymaxxing, looks are a secondary factor. Primary factors are intelligence and hard-workingness. Looks can multiply these two, but looks can't stand alone in the workplace.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy, CopingCel, randomguy1235 and 2 others
😞looks = everything

Sorry, but when it comes to work and moneymaxxing, looks are a secondary factor.
But should is even be secondary?
Imo, it should even be on the list of matters for work/carreer, with exception of sales type of jobs. But it still makes some difference this tsudy shows, and that's sad but true at the same time.

Sorry, but when it comes to work and moneymaxxing, looks are a secondary factor. Primary factors are intelligence and hard-workingness. Looks can multiply these two, but looks can't stand alone in the workplace.

Cope. Looks like height can determine how serious people take you making it more likely to get a manager position, facial attractiveness also affects how coworkers treat you. Beauty also makes you more likely to get hired and attractive people make more money than less attractive people on average

If you are intelligent and hard working but short/ugly you will not lose your job but people will shit on you and never invite you out after work, making your work life a horrible place to be, and one bad slip up nobody will come to your defense

• +1
Reactions: randomguy1235
We know bra thanks for the reminder why you should looksmax

Cope. Looks like height can determine how serious people take you making it more likely to get a manager position, facial attractiveness also affects how coworkers treat you. Beauty also makes you more likely to get hired and attractive people make more money than less attractive people on average

If you are intelligent and hard working but short/ugly you will not lose your job but people will shit on you and never invite you out after work, making your work life a horrible place to be, and one bad slip up nobody will come to your defense

90% of the Forbes list is made of sub 5 men. Even besides that, I challenge you to think of 10 male CEOs/political leaders who are above 6psl.

Last edited:
90% of the Forbes list is made of sub 5 men. Even besides that, I challenge you to think of 10 male CEOs/political leaders who are above 6psl.
So this study tracked: 4,200 participants;
For over: 35 years.

And now you wanna counter proof such a hugh data study. By comparing a handfull or even 100+ CEO's/Political leaders that are at the absolute top.
Just accept, that it plays a factor when they do an extensive study with 42000 people over a 35 year span.
The extend to which it plays a factor, I can't say (likely in th study do try to make an estimation of how much it plays a role compared to ther factors (but I won't pay to download the full study test, plus I might be to low-iq to understand that element when they describe it). But it does, UNFORTUNATELY play a factor. I wish differently, because I'm a blue-piller by nature/heart.

That said. To add. There is an decent amount of CEO's that are founders of a business, so they were never hired; they build the company.
I must agree, from what I recall in my memory. Plenty Ceo's and political leaders look normie or below that level. We have to say though as well, that plenty are really old already, so hard to say about howthey looked when they were young and climbing the ladder.

Therfore, lets just trust the study.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: randomguy1235 and Bennett
So this study tracked: 4,200 participants;
For over: 35 years.

And now you wanna counter proof such a hugh data study. By comparing a handfull or even 100+ CEO's/Political leaders that are at the absolute top.
Just accept, that it plays a factor when they do an extensive study with 42000 people over a 35 year span.
The extend to which it plays a factor, I can't say (likely in th study do try to make an estimation of how much it plays a role compared to ther factors (but I won't pay to download the full study test, plus I might be to low-iq to understand that element when they describe it). But it does, UNFORTUNATELY play a factor. I wish differently, because I'm a blue-piller by nature/heart.

That said. To add. There is an decent amount of CEO's that are founders of a business, so they were never hired; they build the company.
I must agree, from what I recall in my memory. Plenty Ceo's and political leaders look normie or below that level. We have to say though as well, that plenty are really old already, so hard to say about howthey looked when they were young and climbing the ladder.

Therfore, lets just trust the study.

I am not saying it's not a factor, I'm saying it is a secondary factor, way below intelligence and hardworkingness. If looks were a primary factor in work success, then we would see good looks featuring prominently at higher levels of business and leadership, since they should have been crucial in helping the top people get there. But what do we see instead at the top? Genius level IQs and workaholics mostly.

• +1
Reactions: carnage
I am not saying it's not a factor, I'm saying it is a secondary factor, way below intelligence and hardworkingness.
I agree on that one, as well. In my observation. Likely Looks is also below, social skills for work success; on the what metters most hyrarchy
If looks were a primary factor in work success,
I agree, it's not a primairy factor.

Looks is imo likely though in the Top 10, of things that matter for work/carreer. Possibly even Top 5.

I estimate, a list of "matter hyrarchy" might look like this:
1. skill of work
2. social/communication
3. intelligence
4. hard working/effort
5. looks

I agree on that one, as well. In my observation. Likely Looks is also below, social skills for work success; on the what metters most hyrarchy
I agree, it's not a primairy factor.

Looks is imo likely though in the Top 10, of things that matter for work/carreer. Possibly even Top 5.

I estimate, a list of "matter hyrarchy" might look like this:
1. skill of work
2. social/communication
3. intelligence
4. hard working/effort
5. looks

I would say

1. Intelligence in all it's forms (academic, social and cognitive)
2. Hardworkingness

(big gap)

3. Looks
4. Voice. Deep voice is good even for female success. Google how female politicians and managers change their voice to be commanding

Not much else matters

Jfl, there's this 6'8 blue eyed Aryan at work and he's a simple worker, never achieved a high position in life, the boss is a 5'8 high E framed nerd. It actually looks wrong. You expect physically dominant people to be in the high positions
no matter how you look if you can't run a business you won't hired

You people really overemphasises the the matter of looks, it may matter as first impression during a job interview (halo effect), but for the rest it doensnt really matter that much, your intelligence and capabilities matters much more.

Anecdotal but I have to somewhat disagree. At my internship the managing director was a 5'7'' norwooded manlet but had the charisma of God himself and was extremely enjoyable in meetings with other companies. Looks definitely matter but you have to be comfortable and fun to be around considering these guys are in their offices 12 hours a day. Even then all these guys are like 40 years old I doubt at that point they care about your looks it's more of your status and how you come off.

if you are ugly you must be very NT and likeable to hold a good job

• +1
Reactions: sub6manletnozygos
if you are ugly you must be very NT and likeable to hold a good job
legit. the irony is that to become NT you need to develop ideal brain chemistry and complete social milestones which most NTs go through. To do this you generally need to be good looking. if you are not, then its an uphill battle of overcompensation, doublethink and good acting. Ugly manlets who becomes CEO are not nice people. They are masters at sociopathy, moreso than GL CEOs.

I have like 3 to 4 different entailed methods I wanna share...

But I’m flying tomorrow morning back home from school...and will probably not be on for a week or two..

I’ll write them down in notes and when I’m back will post them all in the same day..

One is high risk high reward...one is hard but low risk and the other two are pretty easy and you can get lucky...

But yeah...it would be dope if everyone could be earning 6 figures on here within the next year if they’re working hard on their shit..

• +1
Reactions: randomguy1235
Political leaders were NT and chad in their youth

Guess who is happier in life.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 39