Losing BF with intermittent fasting?

K

kantero

Bronze
Is it legit? Or i will just get back all fat i lost?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
It doesn't make you gain or lose anything, just gives you a smaller eating window so you more than likely end up consuming less calories. If you have a hard time controlling your appetite, IF will help you with that.

• +1
It's very fcking bad to do fasting while exercising you will get muscle loss plus you will start to smell like ammonia because your muscles are breaking down or you aren't eating anything but protein.

The main reason is because you need some fat even in small ants in your diet to make hormones like testosterone.

• +1
It's very fcking bad to do fasting while exercising you will get muscle loss plus you will start to smell like ammonia because your muscles are breaking down or you aren't eating anything but protein.

The main reason is because you need some fat even in small ants in your diet to make hormones like testosterone.
Can confirm smell - people said my mouth breath smells like alcohol.
Its not even forced, i just can be without food for pretty much time.

• +1

I've been doing intermittent fasting for almost a year now. I just skip breakfast every day. Easy as that.

Tried the approach where you skip an entire day a few times a week and it was too hard, but skipping breakfast is easy.

I'm down from around 18% body fat by bioimpedance to 15% which is what I had when I was 20 and I'm in my 30s now so not bad.

Aiming to drop it to 12%. At this rate might be possible.

Added a shitload of biking - 4-5 hours a week recently as well which seems to be helping. Looking better little by little.

In my experience body fat is slow to cut unless you have a lot of it to start with. Gotta work hard and stick with it. And if it's not budging, add more exercise. Almost no such thing as too much exercise.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member 6401
It's legit but hard to keep doing everyday. I see good results the first few days then I get extremely hungry the third day and break the fasting routine. I used to fast during ramadan for 30 days but now I just don't know how to stay disciplined. I think starting off with an 8 hour daily window to eat in will be the most sustainable. I've heard of raw vegan ketogenic intermittent fasters who only ate 4 hours during the day.

• +1
Yes it is legit. I have tried it in the past and I did lose fat at a good rate. It is based on scientific facts too so it isn't just some myth.

• +1
It doesn't make you gain or lose anything, just gives you a smaller eating window so you more than likely end up consuming less calories. If you have a hard time controlling your appetite, IF will help you with that.
this. fasting is a meme. calories in vs calories out. I eat maintenance or just below it (200 cals)

• +1
this. fasting is a meme. calories in vs calories out. I eat maintenance or just below it (200 cals)

This. I do admit, I did intermittent fasting for 1½ years (ate for 1 hour, fasted 23 hours until next meal). But only so that I wouldn't be tempted to overeat on subsequent meals. I knew if I eat after that, I've screwed up and cheated myself and my progress.

It worked like a wonder for me, I lost a steady ~4 pounds of fat per month. In the end though, it's only about calories. It doesn't really matter whether you eat once a day or 8 times a day as long as you're in a calorie deficit.

There's some anecdotal evidence that fasting increases longevity in mammals but you'd have to read the studies yourself to be convinced. That wasn't the reason I started intermittent fasting anyway. I only did it because for people like me it's the easiest way to break out of junk foods & stick to a constant calorie deficit like 1300-1600kcal per day. I would feel too hungry all the time if I ate 5 meals daily and my day would revolve around planning meals every few hours. With IF I eat once and that's it, no more thinking about food until the next day.

• +1
This. I do admit, I did intermittent fasting for 1½ years (ate for 1 hour, fasted 23 hours until next meal). But only so that I wouldn't be tempted to overeat on subsequent meals. I knew if I eat after that, I've screwed up and cheated myself and my progress.

In the end though, it's only about calories. It doesn't really matter whether you eat once a day or 8 times a day as long as you're in a calorie deficit.

There's some anecdotal evidence that fasting increases longevity in mammals but you'd have to read the studies yourself to be convinced. That wasn't the reason I started intermittent fasting anyway. I only did it because for people like me it's the easiest way to break out of junk foods & stick to a constant calorie deficit like 1300-1600kcal per day. I would feel too hungry all the time if I ate 5 meals daily and my day would revolve around planning meals every few hours. With IF I eat once and that's it, no more thinking about food until next day.
Fasting is also considered to increase HGH, but i think it doesnt increase it significantly.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/

• +1
Yeah, things like that are just speculative bonuses. I only recommend IF to people because it makes self control much easier due to this very simple formula: "If you already got your daily deficit calories from your one big meal, anything you eat after that is cheating until tomorrow." Made me think twice a lot especially in the beginning when I had cravings. Then the cravings just stopped because I decided I want to be low body fat more than I want a chocolate bar.

• +1

It worked like a wonder for me, I lost a steady ~4 pounds of fat per month. In the end though, it's only about calories. It doesn't really matter whether you eat once a day or 8 times a day as long as you're in a calorie deficit.

There's some anecdotal evidence that fasting increases longevity in mammals but you'd have to read the studies yourself to be convinced. That wasn't the reason I started intermittent fasting anyway. I only did it because for people like me it's the easiest way to break out of junk foods & stick to a constant calorie deficit like 1300-1600kcal per day. I would feel too hungry all the time if I ate 5 meals daily and my day would revolve around planning meals every few hours. With IF I eat once and that's it, no more thinking about food until the next day.
Eat more whole foods , avoid sugar and high salt foods and train hard. This makes it hard to overeat tbh

• +1
just be at a caloric deficit each day (consuming less than maintenance). IF is supposed to work well but i am not educated enough on the subject to form an opinion

• +1
just be at a caloric deficit each day (consuming less than maintenance). IF is supposed to work well but i am not educated enough on the subject to form an opinion

It works but it isn't necessary, like Afrikancel said you could just eat multiple times a day and avoid junk and you would still arrive at the exact same weight if you were in a constant calorie deficit every day.

Do it if you have poor impulse control like me. I would overeat or break my routine if I had to eat 3-5 times a day, for me it's easier to just get it all done with in 1 big meal which consists of 1300-1600kcal, then forbid myself to eat until the next day at the exact same time. If I feel like eating again during the 23h fast period, I tell myself not to be a lazy fuck who prioritizes chips over abs, and usually the cravings go away.

• +1
It works but it isn't necessary, like Afrikancel said you could just eat multiple times a day and avoid junk and you would still arrive at the exact same weight if you were in a constant calorie deficit every day.

Do it if you have poor impulse control like me. I would overeat or break my routine if I had to eat 3-5 times a day, for me it's easier to just get it all done with in 1 big meal which consists of 1300-1600kcal, then forbid myself to eat until the next day at the exact same time. If I feel like eating again during the 23h fast period, I tell myself not to be a lazy fuck who prioritizes chips over abs, and usually the cravings go away.
that's a good way of looking at it for sure. im bulking for now, and ill probably just use caloric deficit dieting when i cut

• +1
Puedo confirmar el olor: la gente dijo que mi aliento bucal huele a alcohol.
Ni siquiera es forzado, simplemente puedo estar sin comer durante bastante tiempo.
Call cetosis