Lost 20kg since November and finally broke my 120kg plateau as of 2 weeks

I

IwanttobeChad

Iron
Hello!
To start off, im 6.3ft and broad built, i used to weight 135kg but managed to lose 15kg in the past few months so I basicially was or rather am a fucking Buttergolem.
After that, I hit a plateau at 120kg which I finally fucking broke in the past weeks!
Ive started to do daily cardio aka jogging again which helped me to go to 120 in the first place, extra burnt calories for 30 mins of invested time.
I dropped that because I thought that "its ok, i wont need that anymore lol"

WRONG

I started to gain weight and ultimately hit a plateau because i stopped doing cardio, so my tip to you guys: Never ever stop doing cardio, even if ER would come back if you stop doing that

Never let cardio waste away, take it from me. I wouldve been way further in my weight loss journey if I wouldve just kept on doing cardio.

I started lifting weights after 3 months of calesthenics with pretty good results! Ive gotten quite good base muscles now, meaning extra burnt calories because the muscles need more energy to regenerate after a workout!

Anyway, I started to only drink water (legit only water without any cheating) for 2 weeks now and started to jog and work out on an empty stomach. I also stared to count my calories using myfitnesspal, a free app, its pretty good for tracking your caloric intake, you should try it.
I basically stared intermitten fasting which means that you dont eat for 16h and have a period of eating of 8h, sleeping counts towards the 16h effectively reducing the fasting time from 16h to 8h more or less, depending on your sleep.
It was fucking hard at first but its worth it! Dont eat until you work out, sounds easy enough but its not.
I work out after school which is usually at around 5pm, not eating in that period is fucking brutal at first but youll get used to it eventually
I still feel very hungry at times but then I just chug water to fill my stomach to not eat before working out.
Ive hit fucking 117,5kg now after almost 2 weeks which is fucking great.

Im open for questions and very very open for additional weight loss tips!
Keep it up my friends, we will ascend someday, somehow!

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 283, Deleted member 1707, x30001 and 1 other person
Good job

We're all gonna make it

• +1
Reactions: Notorious, Alexanderr and samm735
Nice job man
maxresdefault.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Notorious, heroinfather, Ethnicsmatter and 3 others
Broke my plateau after starting to work out more and eat less and also tracking calories
Looking to get down to 100kg until August

Ok good luck bro

Good progress broski, I prefer walking to cardio, less stress on your system.

Good progress broski, I prefer walking to cardio, less stress on your system.
Really? I don't really think it would keep my blood pumping hard enough. How long do you walk?

Really? I don't really think it would keep my blood pumping hard enough. How long do you walk?
About an hour a day (atleast 10k steps on my phone). Running makes you hungry so you might overeat. I keep my cardio to once per week for 8-10 km.

Don't really need to do cardio at that weight tbh.

Don't really need to do cardio at that weight tbh.
why not?
i consider cardio as one of the best weight loss "workouts" because it burns quite a bit of calories for just 30 minutes of jogging
of course HIIT is more effective BUT when youre fat, things like mountain climbers or side kicks are very difficult if not impossible to do properly so id suggest if youre as fat as me that you just do cardio
jogging for instance is simple: just jog until you cant no more, powerwalk while resting and then keep running, that way, its basicially a LIIT workout which is also super effective at losing fat.

why not?
i consider cardio as one of the best weight loss "workouts" because it burns quite a bit of calories for just 30 minutes of jogging
of course HIIT is more effective BUT when youre fat, things like mountain climbers or side kicks are very difficult if not impossible to do properly so id suggest if youre as fat as me that you just do cardio
jogging for instance is simple: just jog until you cant no more, powerwalk while resting and then keep running, that way, its basicially a LIIT workout which is also super effective at losing fat.
I am saying it's not necessary. If you want to do it, then fine, but you could literally sit on your ass all day and the weight would fall off at that weight.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
I am saying it's not necessary. If you want to do it, then fine, but you could literally sit on your ass all day and the weight would fall off at that weight.
i wouldnt say that
have you been very fat at some point in your life?
losing weight is pretty difficult, sure the beginning is easy and yes you can lose weight if you dont do anything all day but working out burns a lot more calories than just sitting around all day long
calories in vs calories out is how you lose fat, everybody knows that so if you want to speed it up, work out, if you want to starve yourself, do that

have you been very fat at some point in your life?
Yes, 120kg. I sat on my ass and lost over 1.5kg a week for months. Weight loss only started to stall when I got closer to my goal weight, that's when I implemented cardio and weight lifting.

It's not just calories in calories out tbh. While you can lose fat that way (that's how I originally lost weight from being a fatass), there are other ways. I've lost weight restricting calories and I've lost weight eating a lot of food and cutting carbs, both ways work. I've eaten over 4k calories a day without gaining weight by just eating fat and protein. Keep insulin low and spike glucagon and weird shit happens. Insulin tells the body to store fat and glucagon tells the body to release fatty acids into the bloodstream

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: samm735
Yes, 120kg. I sat on my ass and lost over 1.5kg a week for months. Weight loss only started to stall when I got closer to my goal weight, that's when I implemented cardio and weight lifting.

It's not just calories in calories out tbh. While you can lose fat that way (that's how I originally lost weight from being a fatass), there are other ways. I've lost weight restricting calories and I've lost weight eating a lot of food and cutting carbs, both ways work. I've eaten over 4k calories a day without gaining weight by just eating fat and protein.
interesting, maybe your metabolism is just insane, i wish i wouldnt have to run a caloric deficit and work out to lose weight tbh

interesting, maybe your metabolism is just insane, i wish i wouldnt have to run a caloric deficit and work out to lose weight tbh
I put on a lot of body fat when I bulked on carbs and ate less than 4k calories, so no, I don't have an insane metabolism.

If you control insulin and keep glucagon high, your body will be less likely to store excess calories as fat and will be more willing to tap into body fat as energy. When you eat a diet high in insulinogenic foods, insulin will tell your body to store excess carbs (when your glycogen stores are full) and fat as body fat.

I put on a lot of body fat when I bulked on carbs and ate less than 4k calories, so no, I don't have an insane metabolism.

If you control insulin and keep glucagon high, your body will be less likely to store excess calories as fat and will be more willing to tap into body fat as energy.
i see, how to control insuling and keep glucagon high? are there natural ways?

i see, how to control insuling and keep glucagon high? are there natural ways?
By cutting carbs completely. Fat and protein have a low insulin response, while carbs have a high insulin response.

arent there many foods that contain carbs? what did you eat in that time?
I eat only meat. I eat fatty cuts of meat. I get about 75-80% of my calories from fat and 20-25% from protein. I used to be a carb junkie, I would follow the typical low fat, high protein, high carb bodybuilding diet. I used to think "it doesn't matter if I eat chocolate or rice, it's all calories." I felt so much better when I cut the carbs and my body composition greatly improved.

Last edited:
I eat only meat. I eat fatty cuts of meat. I get about 75-80% of my calories from fat and 20-25% from protein. I used to be a carb junkie, I would follow the typical low fat, high protein, high carb bodybuilding diet. I used to think "it doesn't matter if I eat chocolate or rice, it's all calories." I felt so much better when I cut the carbs.
meat sounds good
only unprocessed meat or also like minced meat or something in that direction?

meat sounds good
only unprocessed meat or also like minced meat or something in that direction?
I stay away from processed food apart from bacon every once in a while. I eat mostly grounded meat, as it's the cheapest option. I eat ribeye some days, and eggs.

The diet is called "the carnivore diet," you should look into it, has a lot of health benefits. It's pretty much the opposite of a vegan diet.

keto is a meme

I stay away from processed food apart from bacon every once in a while. I eat mostly grounded meat, as it's the cheapest option. I eat ribeye some days, and eggs.

The diet is called "the carnivore diet," you should look into it, has a lot of health benefits. It's pretty much the opposite of a vegan diet.
alright i see man, thank you!

Then explain how when I eat lots of food that is high in carbs I put on weight

I'm not saying keto doesnt work, im saying that you need carbs and im not talking about refined sugars

I'm not saying keto doesnt work, im saying that you need carbs and im not talking about refined sugars
Need carbs for what? Your body can turn fat and protein into carbs and it's demand driven. Your brain needs some carbs for fuel and it gets that from converting carbs and fat. You don't need to eat carbs at all, your body know exactly how much it needs.

The more anaerobic activity you do, the more glycogen is created, so if you're very active and do a lot of training, you'll still have glycogen in your muscles.

well your body can adapt to anything and yes, you can get very efficient at using fat as a fuel source and if that suits your lifestyle then kudos to you. Although many people get the so called "keto flu", experiance brain fog and so on. Now my guess is you'll say that it will dissappear after a certain period and that is most likely true to some people but I dont see a point to put your body through such stress for a hard maintenance diet. Now I am not saying that you're doing it wrong, if it works for you then great also if drinking soy instead of water works for some vegan metrosexual than good for him.

carbs=pump

well your body can adapt to anything and yes, you can get very efficient at using fat as a fuel source and if that suits your lifestyle then kudos to you. Although many people get the so called "keto flu", experiance brain fog and so on. Now my guess is you'll say that it will dissappear after a certain period and that is most likely true to some people but I dont see a point to put your body through such stress for a hard maintenance diet. Now I am not saying that you're doing it wrong, if it works for you then great also if drinking soy instead of water works for some vegan metrosexual than good for him.

carbs=pump
Keto isn't really a hard diet to maintain, lots of food choices. The reason for keto flue is electrolyte imbalances. When you go from a carb diet to a high fat diet, your body excretes a lot of water (lower insulin, less glycogen), with that electrolytes. The cure is to eat a lot of salt, foods high in potassium and magnesium (or supplement). After a week or so, your body will not excrete as much water and your electrolyte needs lower.

I get great pumps without consuming carbs.

• +1
Reactions: samm735
Keto isn't really a hard diet to maintain, lots of food choices. The reason for keto flue is electrolyte imbalances. When you go from a carb diet to a high fat diet, your body excretes a lot of water (lower insulin, less glycogen), with that electrolytes. The cure is to eat a lot of salt, foods high in potassium and magnesium (or supplement). After a week or so, your body will not excrete as much water and your electrolyte needs lower.

I get great pumps without consuming carbs.
Did Keto for 5 months, it was perfectly fine after keto flu passed