Mag it up boyos (magnesium supplementation)

X

x30001

Kraken
  • +1
Reactions: Mansnob, Extra Chromosome, make_it_to_the_top and 4 others
Not good for you get it in veggies only

http://sci-hub.tw/https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20352370
in the full article it shows that you only get the benefit while trainining, taking it alone had not difference. However it is still interesting that the difference between those who exercised and those who exercised and supplemented saw a significant difference. (exercise groups free testosterone improved from 16.34 to 18.8, while exercise + magnesium increased from 17.78 to 22.20)

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
been taking magnesium + zinc supplements for about a month, noticebly more energetic tbh. Calmer mood too, idk about T levels, getting them tested as i have the test already just need to take sample and send it off.

• +1
Reactions: LightingFraud
but br0 muh vegetables

@NickGurr @Extra Chromosome thots?

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Extra Chromosome
Magnesium and zinc temporarily alleviates my psychologically induced ED. LEGIT

• +1
Reactions: LightingFraud
@NickGurr @Extra Chromosome thots?
An article says half of americans are deficientin mg, so it is highly likely legit.

• +1
Reactions: LetsGrow, x30001 and NickGurr
Magnesium, Zinc, Vitamin D. Holy trinity of supplements.

• +1
Reactions: LetsGrow and x30001
An article says half of americans are deficientin mg, so it is highly likely legit.
Lyrica and Neurontin cause pretty significant magnesium depletion, along with other Voltage-gated calcium channel blockers used for anxiolytic purposes like Phenibut and other gaba-ergics. A lot of Americans take some sort of gabapentinoid or gaba based anxiolytic so most will be magnesium deficient. Only Chads don't need anxiety drugs :y'all:

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
Lyrica and Neurontin cause pretty significant magnesium depletion, along with other Voltage-gated calcium channel blockers used for anxiolytic purposes like Phenibut and other gaba-ergics. A lot of Americans take some sort of gabapentinoid or gaba based anxiolytic so most will be magnesium deficient. Only Chads don't need anxiety drugs :y'all:
Thoughts?

@Cope

Thoughts?

@Cope
I wouldn't worry about it, probably not a noticeable effect. I eat a lot of magnesium-rich foods tbh and did loading phases with supps in the past.

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh and AscendingHero
I wouldn't worry about it, probably not a noticeable effect. I eat a lot of magnesium-rich foods tbh and did loading phases with supps in the past.
What magnesium rich foods are u referring to man?

The plant sources tend to be high in anti nutrients as well as hard on the digestive system profuse of endocrine disruptors 90% of the time. It's not even sufficient mag

Animal sources dont have the much mag. Although u can get some from quality fish like salmon and halibut.

Yea im currently supplementing mag but i want to get a higher quality version of it

Buckwheat groats got like 250mg of magnesium per 100g so everyone should try to eat this quite often, probably better absorbed but overall I don't think there is other way than buying suplements of good brand for magnesium

@As
What magnesium rich foods are u referring to man?

The plant sources tend to be high in anti nutrients as well as hard on the digestive system profuse of endocrine disruptors 90% of the time. It's not even sufficient mag

Animal sources dont have the much mag. Although u can get some from quality fish like salmon and halibut.

Yea im currently supplementing mag but i want to get a higher quality version of it

What are anti nutrients? Any studies/ data on them?

anything other than roids is 5% increase and cope

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20352370

Low magnesium levels have been correlated with low T and magnesium supplementation has been proven to increase natty T in clinical trials.
To clarify 3 years on. Supplementing magnesium is a waste of time and money. Supplementing pretty much anything is unneeded unless you're using something for a practical reason.

I've gone through 90%+ of supps/compounds etc and the only I'd half-vouch for, which you could use at any time and feel benefits, is bromantane. But even bromantane isn't needed for anything. Don't cope buying supplements (especially not Huberman and MPMDs grift T booster which just hit the market.

You don't need ANY supplement. They are cope.

Here's a dialog I had with someone on discord yesterday, might let people know my view on supplements after trialling tons of stuff over the past 3 years.

Andrew Huberman comes off as a dishonest salesman pretty much saying Fadogia and TKA will raise anyones levels by 300-600ng/dl. Completely unsubstantiated and never talked about the side effects and couldn’t even explain how FA increases leutinizing hormone
me — Yesterday at 10:47 PM
I agree with you but from my experience Bromantane is one of the only drugs- that seemed to work like a T booster, even though that’s not what it was made for. Russian dr*gs are OP
Was made as an anti asthenic for Olympians in the 1996 olympics iirc
user2 — Yesterday at 10:47 PM
It's just an appeal to power fallacy that all the grifters use. You don't need a scientifix PhD to be able to read science studies for yourself.
me — Yesterday at 10:51 PM
Looks like MPMD sold out with that new supp. Fadogia Agrestis’ mechanism of action and side effects are still unexplained. They didn’t even address possible side effects of just consuming the supplement
user2 — Yesterday at 10:51 PM
Have not heard of that one.
Ashwagandha has caused anhedonia in lots of people who took it. Similar sides to an SSRI or post SSRI syndrome
user2 — Yesterday at 10:52 PM
MPMD has always been a grifterm he started with he trt grift.
He tells half truths like how you can maintain muscle built on a ton of gear just on low dose test and how you can build a bunch on it as well.
me — Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Yeah they might as well just make TKA the only ingredient. Nothing else is gonna change much after that..
user2 — Yesterday at 10:54 PM
I used to take ashwaghanda then stopped after going more in depth with the research of potential side affects
me — Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Boron and TKA both supposedly lower SHBG so idk why they’re combining them. All the MOAs of the stuff that actually increase T are unexplained. They don’t know exactly how it works
me — Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Yeah same I took it in summer 2019. I definitely felt some type of anhedonia after a few weeks of use
user2 — Yesterday at 10:56 PM
I had the same thing happen to me so I quit as well. Just because a substance is a natural herb doesn't mean it can't be harmful or have bad side affects.
People are just taking a bunch of herbs for health not research the potential side affects along with potential complications when combining them.
I went to the comment section and it's sad everyone is just sucking off MPMD instead of being critical.
me — Yesterday at 10:58 PM
Waste of money in the end. I went through so many supplements just to try them once and see if they had any lasting benefits. Pretty much nothing worth taking consistently
user2 — Yesterday at 10:59 PM
I went through and experimented with a bunch of stuff too I have massively narrowed down my list.
me — Yesterday at 10:59 PM
What’s weird is Derek was still questioning the safety of tongkat long term, and thought Fadogia was bs, but he’s still selling them …
me — Yesterday at 11:00 PM
I even tried 9mebc, dnp, clen, t3 in the past. So stupid-😭😭
Yohimbine hcl too.. pure anxiogenic
user2 — Yesterday at 11:00 PM
He does this thing where he tried to come off as skeptical but then ultimately never truly addresses the skepticism and just uses it as a cover for his grift along with half truths.
me — Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Just going to the gym and sticking to a plan and being consistent trumps everything lol
user2 — Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Damn I never went that far. In the future I will experiment with different longevity peptides since I think those are the future honestly. More research needs to be done on more of them but from some preliminary data there a couple promising ones for longevity and anti aging.
user2 — Yesterday at 11:02 PM
Literally the main things are decreasing stress, increasing your quality of sleep, eating good and cutting out bad food, and excercising along with hot and cold exposure.
me — Yesterday at 11:02 PM
I’m taking 5amino1mq right now just to cope (and out of curiosity). But damn it’s expensive

@AscendingHero

• +1
Reactions: Cope
To clarify 3 years on. Supplementing magnesium is a waste of time and money. Supplementing pretty much anything is unneeded unless you're using something for a practical reason.

I've gone through 90%+ of supps/compounds etc and the only I'd half-vouch for, which you could use at any time and feel benefits, is bromantane. But even bromantane isn't needed for anything. Don't cope buying supplements (especially not Huberman and MPMDs grift T booster which just hit the market.

You don't need ANY supplement. They are cope.

Here's a dialog I had with someone on discord yesterday, might let people know my view on supplements after trialling tons of stuff over the past 3 years.

Andrew Huberman comes off as a dishonest salesman pretty much saying Fadogia and TKA will raise anyones levels by 300-600ng/dl. Completely unsubstantiated and never talked about the side effects and couldn’t even explain how FA increases leutinizing hormone
me — Yesterday at 10:47 PM
I agree with you but from my experience Bromantane is one of the only drugs- that seemed to work like a T booster, even though that’s not what it was made for. Russian dr*gs are OP
Was made as an anti asthenic for Olympians in the 1996 olympics iirc
user2 — Yesterday at 10:47 PM
It's just an appeal to power fallacy that all the grifters use. You don't need a scientifix PhD to be able to read science studies for yourself.
Looks like MPMD sold out with that new supp. Fadogia Agrestis’ mechanism of action and side effects are still unexplained. They didn’t even address possible side effects of just consuming the supplement
user2 — Yesterday at 10:51 PM
Have not heard of that one.
Ashwagandha has caused anhedonia in lots of people who took it. Similar sides to an SSRI or post SSRI syndrome
user2 — Yesterday at 10:52 PM
MPMD has always been a grifterm he started with he trt grift.
He tells half truths like how you can maintain muscle built on a ton of gear just on low dose test and how you can build a bunch on it as well.
me — Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Yeah they might as well just make TKA the only ingredient. Nothing else is gonna change much after that..
user2 — Yesterday at 10:54 PM
I used to take ashwaghanda then stopped after going more in depth with the research of potential side affects
me — Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Boron and TKA both supposedly lower SHBG so idk why they’re combining them. All the MOAs of the stuff that actually increase T are unexplained. They don’t know exactly how it works
me — Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Yeah same I took it in summer 2019. I definitely felt some type of anhedonia after a few weeks of use
user2 — Yesterday at 10:56 PM
I had the same thing happen to me so I quit as well. Just because a substance is a natural herb doesn't mean it can't be harmful or have bad side affects.
People are just taking a bunch of herbs for health not research the potential side affects along with potential complications when combining them.
I went to the comment section and it's sad everyone is just sucking off MPMD instead of being critical.
me — Yesterday at 10:58 PM
Waste of money in the end. I went through so many supplements just to try them once and see if they had any lasting benefits. Pretty much nothing worth taking consistently
user2 — Yesterday at 10:59 PM
I went through and experimented with a bunch of stuff too I have massively narrowed down my list.
me — Yesterday at 10:59 PM
What’s weird is Derek was still questioning the safety of tongkat long term, and thought Fadogia was bs, but he’s still selling them …
me — Yesterday at 11:00 PM
I even tried 9mebc, dnp, clen, t3 in the past. So stupid-😭😭
Yohimbine hcl too.. pure anxiogenic
user2 — Yesterday at 11:00 PM
He does this thing where he tried to come off as skeptical but then ultimately never truly addresses the skepticism and just uses it as a cover for his grift along with half truths.
me — Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Just going to the gym and sticking to a plan and being consistent trumps everything lol
user2 — Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Damn I never went that far. In the future I will experiment with different longevity peptides since I think those are the future honestly. More research needs to be done on more of them but from some preliminary data there a couple promising ones for longevity and anti aging.
user2 — Yesterday at 11:02 PM
Literally the main things are decreasing stress, increasing your quality of sleep, eating good and cutting out bad food, and excercising along with hot and cold exposure.
me — Yesterday at 11:02 PM
I’m taking 5amino1mq right now just to cope (and out of curiosity). But damn it’s expensive

@AscendingHero
100% agree, after trialling pretty much everything the only supp I take atm is Vitamin C which is only once and awhile.

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh and AscendingHero