Manipulation 101:How to get what you want in life. Part 0: Introduction to manipulation and explantion of The Dark Triad.

D

Deleted member 11167

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
Well guys I have been researching manipulation and manipulative techniques for quite some time now I read multiple books and studies about it. And I have decided to share my findings and insight with this overlie autistic community.

1587143136845 1587143151 492x275 1596383538431

So before we dive any deeper lets us understand what exactly is "manipulation"?

-Manipulation in its simplest form is a:
"Behavior that controls or influences somebody/something, often in a dishonest way so that they do not realize it".
Or
"The control or use of something in a way that shows skill".

Great now that we know that manipulation by its definition is amoral let us ask ourselves who uses it in day-to-day life and occurrences the most?
:The most common set of individuals who use manipulative techniques are as follows: Narssacists, Psychopaths(also included amongst them are sociopaths), and Machiavellianisms. These three groups of people are shown to use the manipulation tricks and techniques the most (Not to say that they are the only ones using them because every person has or is using manipulation in everyday life but not to the degree the highlighted groups are using it.)

These three groups and their traits are often bundled in one personality type to easily classify them to those with the unknowing eye who can't seem to recognize certain personality traits from one another so they call it in short The Dark Triad. Before we continue I will explain The Dark Triad a bit more in detail.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE DARK TRIAD: Origin and explanation.

The dark triad

The Dark Triad originated on the "Red Pill" forums. In short, it fuses the personality traits of the aforementioned groups and presents them as an ideal personality one as a male should have/strive to achieve: high social status, tight control over interpersonal social dynamics, intense sexual attraction, and immense personal power. It’s for these reasons that many men interested in red pill philosophy likewise have an interest in the dark triad and idealize ascertaining the psychological state of “being dark triad” or at least a simulacrum of such a state.

For us to better understand The Dark Triad we have to understand the three personality traits that are an intricate part of it a little better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.NARCISSISM
Download

Wikipedia
Narcissism
is the pursuit of gratification from vanity or egotistic admiration of one's idealized self-image and attributes. The term originated from Greek mythology, where a young man named Narcissus fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water. Narcissism or pathological self-absorption was first identified as a disorder in 1898 by Havelock Ellis[1] and featured in subsequent psychological models, e.g. in Freud's On Narcissism (1914). The American Psychiatric Association has listed the classification of narcissistic personality disorder in its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) since 1968, drawing on the historical concept of megalomania.

It is distinct from concepts of distinguishing the self (egocentrism or egoism) and healthy forms of responsibility and care for oneself ("primary narcissism"). Narcissism by contrast is considered a problem for relationships with self and others and for maintaining a functional culture. In trait personality theory it features several self-report personality inventories including the Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory. It is one of the three dark triadic personality traits (the others being psychopathy and Machiavellianism).
So Narcissism as mentioned above is Excessive self-love as well as ridiculously high, bordering on, or far exceeding, obnoxious self-confidence. Dark triad individuals are egotist incarnate, this component of the triad forms the superficial glazing which masks and distracts one from the murkier depths of the dark triad persona. It is this device that achieves a dark triad individual baseline social acceptance in most social situations, for people are innately drawn to those who exhibit vast self-confidence.

These men see power embodied within specific personality traits and they want to know “how can I be like that?“How can I be a successful asshole?!” The truth of the matter is that if you did not neurologically develop a dark triad personality as a child, you will never be a completely dark triad in the truest sense of the classification. The dark triad is essentially not something one can be trained to become, however it can be reverse-engineered and emulated. I’ll elaborate on this later on in the upcoming threads.

2.PSYCHOPATHY.
190215 2020 part 1 hpMain 16x9 992

Wikipedia
Psychopathy, sometimes considered synonymous with sociopathy, is traditionally a personality disorder characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, and egotistical traits.[1][2][3] Different conceptions of psychopathy have been used throughout history that is only partly overlapping and may sometimes be contradictory.[4]

Hervey M. Cleckley, an American psychiatrist, influenced the initial diagnostic criteria for antisocial personality reaction/disturbance in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), as did American psychologist George E. Partridge.[5] The DSM and International Classification of Diseases (ICD) subsequently introduced the diagnoses of antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) and dissocial personality disorder (DPD) respectively, stating that these diagnoses have been referred to (or include what is referred to) as psychopathy or sociopathy. The creation of ASPD and DPD was driven by the fact that many of the classic traits of psychopathy were impossible to measure objectively.[4][6][7][8][9] Canadian psychologist Robert D. Hare later repopularized the construct of psychopathy in criminology with his Psychopathy Checklist.[4][7][10][11]

Although no psychiatric or psychological organization has sanctioned a diagnosis titled "psychopathy", assessments of psychopathic characteristics are widely used in criminal justice settings in some nations and may have important consequences for individuals. The study of psychopathy is an active field of research, and the term is also used by the general public, the popular press, and in fictional portrayals.[11][12] While the term is often employed in common usage along with "crazy", "insane", and "mentally ill", there is a categorical difference between psychosis and psychopathy.
Psychopathy is the reason you cannot train yourself to be a dark triad individual, psychopathy is how your brain connects your behavioral choices to your sense of guilt/remorse. These are essentially the body’s way of morally provoking you to cease immoral activity. If you felt no guilt or discomfort for making immoral choices, your likelihood of committing immoral behavior increases tenfold. Furthermore, if you actually derive pleasure from immoral behaviors, that can act as a social reinforcer for being immoral.

Psychopathy defined in relation to the dark triad is the inherent ability for the dark triad individual to show no aversion for immoral or harmful behavior, predominantly because they feel no empathy, guilt, or remorse when doing bad things. This is perceived as a skill of sorts in the ruggedness of the oft unfair modern world but is medically defined as a mental disorder.
3. Machiavellianism
5c0924eb729ac13db941a0143b3fe875

Wikipedia
In the field of personality psychology, Machiavellianism is a personality trait centered on manipulativeness, callousness, and indifference to morality.[1] Though unrelated to the historical figure or his works, the trait is named after the political philosophy of Niccolò Machiavelli, as psychologists, Richard Christie and Florence Geis used edited and truncated statements inspired by his works to study variations in human behaviors.[2][3][4] Their Mach IV test, a 20-question, Likert-scale personality survey, became the standard self-assessment tool and scale of the Machiavellianism construct. Those who score high on the scale (High Machs) are more likely to have a high level of deceitfulness and an unempathetic temperament.[5]

It is one of the dark triad traits, along with narcissism and psychopathy.

Machiavellianism is the tendency to see all social paradigms and scenarios as games of strategy that require meticulous maneuvering. Machiavellians are emotionally and socially manipulative; they have a tendency to dehumanize and objectify humans down to their skills and utilitarianism rather than perceive them as entities with personalities to be admired. In a nutshell, Machiavellians have a tendency to view things purely in terms of value exchange “what does this person bring to the table?” and care little, if at all, for anything else.

Highly skilled Machiavellians manipulate themselves via stoicism to attain the outcomes they seek (something of a perverse form of delayed gratification) however dark triad individuals have no need for stoicism because they possess an underlying psychopathic element. Machiavellians quite simply are very tactical individuals who execute the vast majority of their social interactions like a metaphorical hybrid game of chess and poker.
Dark triad people are very powerful individuals. They are harmful both to society and themselves, as by nature of their personalities they are extremely unstable individuals. The fact of the matter is they tend not to care about changing their negative aspects even if they are self-aware enough to realize what the negative aspects of themselves are. They are more concerned with concealing the existence of their negative aspects and convincing others they do not exist or are otherwise justifiable or acceptable within the context of a situation. Rather perversely, they appear to be at peace with their deepest faults even if they verbalize the contrary.

Due to the psychopathic element of the triad a person cannot become a “fully dark triad” as this element, in particular, appears to be something imbued either genetically or in the development stages of childhood brain formation. Dark triad individuals cannot be “fixed,” a dark triad individual will remain one for the entirety of their lives. Most of them don’t want to be fixed as they’re addicted to their own power and sense of self-importance. They can be emulated, you cannot “become one” but you can “become like one.” With training and study, one can demonstrate borderline or sub-clinically dark triad qualities and that is much the purpose of these threads that I'm trying to make.

This is just a short introduction nothing special really I plan to go much deeper than this but I shall need quite some time to complete the set of these threads maybe a couple of months or maybe a year who knows but this is just purely a teaser to what's coming.

Yours truly FraudingIQ.

giphy.gif

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member, RoundHouse, ItsOver.com and 29 others
the dark triad

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: RoundHouse, joeveniro, everythingisacope and 20 others
D r

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: amorfati, Deleted member 4387, Deleted member 10536 and 1 other person
looks good but you might want to edit the formatting

• +1
Reactions: cmena99, thecaste and Deleted member 5189
  • +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com and Hightwolf
Good thread greycel. There's hope for you to become one of us.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, BigBoy and Deleted member 6939

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 7651, Be_ConfidentBro and 2 others
@maxxedfalloutdweller

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com
very good thread

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 11167
I scored 80/100 on the machiavellian test :feelsgood:
Seems legit, i manipulate social situations to get the best out of them, e.g. i can lie deliberately in people's faces to get what i want.
But i'm an emotionally unstaible wreck because i lack psychopathy :feelsuhh:
Got any solutions for that? Meditation?

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro
Seems legit, i manipulate social situations to get the best out of them, e.g. i can lie deliberately in people's faces to get what i want.
But i'm an emotionally unstaible wreck because i lack psychopathy :feelsuhh:
No lying to them for your face though.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, Deleted member 11761, BigBoy and 2 others
You didnt show shit

Seems legit, I manipulate social situations to get the best out of them, e.g. I can lie deliberately in people's faces to get what I want.
But I'm an emotionally unstable wreck because I lack psychopathy :feelsuhh:
Psychopathy cant be faked unfortunately it can be mimicked to some degree but it requires you to be acting these traits at all times and that would be quite mentally challenging for most people. So what to do? some drugs can help this endeavor but only to a certain degree other than that would be some life-changing brain injury that would change your whole personality.

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com, Deleted member 12002 and MansNotHot
I am dark triad with women, and mutually respect men until they give me a reason not to. This is how all men should be

• +1
Reactions: Joe Rogancel, Deleted member 14262, CANI and 11 others
  • +1
Psychopathy cant be faked unfortunately it can be mimicked to some degree but it requires you to be acting these traits at all times and that would be quite mentally challenging for most people. So what to do? some drugs can help this endeavor but only to a certain degree other than that would be some life-changing brain injury that would change your whole personality.
I saw some study in which tibetan monks had the same amygdala size of psychopaths, so is meditation legit?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and Deleted member 4797
I saw some study in which tibetan monks had the same amygdala size of psychopaths, so is meditation legit?
Well, meditation in any case is hugely beneficial to one's body and mind and you should be doing it, but thinking that you can increase your amygdala size like the monks who il have to remind you started meditating when they were only 5 years old is a stretch.

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com and MansNotHot
You just have to train yourself that most people are just sheeps npcs in the game. I used to hate most people now I am just apathetic that is how you should view all critical things with apathy.
Tbh i am only emotional when it comes to personal things i really don't give a shit about other people

Narcissism

Narc

Psychopathy

Psychopathy

Machiavellianism

Machiavellianism

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Joe Rogancel, Deleted member 14262, Deleted member 12165 and 9 others
What do you mean by personal things? I honestly only get emotional in a rash sense like I am quick to anger/low inhib.
I only ever cry/get emotional if something relates to me: if someone wants to damage the way i am seen, if i lose hope for MY future, if someone gets rid of something I would otherwise need and so on... I am very selfish.
I also have quick temper, get angry easily (i can control it tho, i know when i have an impulse of anger).
But i'm not low inhib because of the way i was bullied throughout my childhood because of my looks. (Bullyism= losing empathy for people, losing confidence and increasin inhibition)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5048 and Deleted member 11126
My low inhib mostly comes from my ADHD I just have trouble controlling myself (gets me into fights more then I would like). I don't know if you can naturally get rid of high inhib except for being in a situation where you are desensitized. I would try joining a physical sport like football or wrestling its a good way to learn to express aggression.
I wish i had the money to do wrestling/boxing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
stop coping you can only be born true dark triad, you will just destroy your mental health if you try to force it

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: ericcartman, pizza and Tenshi
stop coping you can only be born true dark triad, you will just destroy your mental health if you try to force it
you are wrong in many ways, we can condition ourselves to have the personality we want, you just need to control your hormones and your way of acting, it seems easy as hell speaking but it is not, you can also develop a superiority complex

you are delusionmaxxed boyo, you are a soy pushover irl
personality is something extremely changeable,this is not delusionmaxx,a very simple example of this is to see how people act after a few years of gimcelling, they are much more NT and low innib, they also gain more confidence, to think that you cannot move and that you are immutable is to be soy pushover

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
shit thread
all this shit can be found by googling "dark triad", something that every LARPer on here did at least once
ya sure done manipulated your way into being a jackass OP

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14157, Deleted member 11167 and pizza
shit thread
all this shit can be found by googling "dark triad", something that every LARPer on here did at least once
ya sure done manipulated your way into being a jackass OP
Well, this is just an introduction thread more will follow and will go into much more depth.

• +1
this is great
tag me in the rest of the series pla

• +1
For awhile now I have been trying to not be narcissistic
*face palm*
Shoulda known...

Just be attractive and no need to manipulate, all is given.

Well guys I have been researching manipulation and manipulative techniques for quite some time now I read multiple books and studies about it. And I have decided to share my findings and insight with this overlie autistic community.

View attachment 884677

"Behavior that controls or influences somebody/something, often in a dishonest way so that they do not realize it".
Or

Great now that we know that manipulation by its definition is amoral let us ask ourselves who uses it in day-to-day life and occurrences the most?
:The most common set of individuals who use manipulative techniques are as follows: Narssacists, Psychopaths(also included amongst them are sociopaths), and Machiavellianisms. These three groups of people are shown to use the manipulation tricks and techniques the most (Not to say that they are the only ones using them because every person has or is using manipulation in everyday life but not to the degree the highlighted groups are using it.)

These three groups and their traits are often bundled in one personality type to easily classify them to those with the unknowing eye who can't seem to recognize certain personality traits from one another so they call it in short The Dark Triad. Before we continue I will explain The Dark Triad a bit more in detail.

View attachment 884716

The Dark Triad originated on the "Red Pill" forums. In short, it fuses the personality traits of the aforementioned groups and presents them as an ideal personality one as a male should have/strive to achieve: high social status, tight control over interpersonal social dynamics, intense sexual attraction, and immense personal power. It’s for these reasons that many men interested in red pill philosophy likewise have an interest in the dark triad and idealize ascertaining the psychological state of “being dark triad” or at least a simulacrum of such a state.

For us to better understand The Dark Triad we have to understand the three personality traits that are an intricate part of it a little better.

1.NARCISSISM
View attachment 884789
Send me links of all the parts brocel, and will you teach how to develop the triads?

@Grimba why jfl man?

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com and Deleted member 10413
Idk its a post about manipulation. Its a good guide though
Nah your jfl was justified this is by far one of my shitiest post imo dark triad is a cope

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com and Deleted member 10413
Nah your jfl was justified this is by far one of my shitiest post imo dark triad is a cope
Indeed cope, you're either born with it or grow up in an environment that manifests it you can't do shit if you have neither.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11167
Indeed cope, you're either born with it or grow up in an environment that manifests it you can't do shit if you have neither.
Yeah I was sadly coping with it for some time

• +1
Is it r/trp?

Is it r/trp?
I know its cringe
I wrote this back when I was coping with dark triad looking back I can't help but laugh

• +1

View attachment 884677

Or

View attachment 884716

1.NARCISSISM
View attachment 884789
whatever

Last edited: