Mastication was found to increase bone deposition in the supra-orbital ridge to disperse tension

Deleted member 3479

Deleted member 3479

Silver

The bio-mechanical model predicts that morphological variation in torus size is the direct product of differential tension caused by mastication, as indicated by an increase in load/lever ratio and broad craniofacial angle.[5]

Research done on this model has largely been based on earlier work of Endo. By applying pressure similar to the type associated with chewing, he carried out an analysis of the structural function of the supraorbital region on dry human and gorilla skulls. His findings indicated that the face acts as a pillar that carries and disperses tension caused by the forces produced during mastication.[6][7][8][9] Russell and Oyen et al. elaborated on this idea, suggesting that amplified facial projection necessitates the application of enhanced force to the anterior dentition in order to generate the same bite power that individuals with a dorsal deflection of the facial skull exert. In more prognathic individuals, this increased pressure triggers bone deposition to reinforce the brow ridges, until equilibrium is reached.[10][11][12]

Oyen et al. conducted a cross-section study of Papio anubis in order to ascertain the relationship between palate length, incisor load and Masseter lever efficiency, relative to torus enlargement. Indications found of osteoblastic deposition in the glabella were used as evidence for supraorbital enlargement. Oyen et al.’s data suggested that more prognathic individuals experienced a decrease in load/lever efficiency. This transmits tension via the frontal process of the maxilla to the supraorbital region, resulting in a contemporary reinforcement of this structure. This was also correlated to periods of tooth eruption.[13]

In a later series of papers, Russell developed aspects of this mode further. Employing an adult Australian sample, she tested the association between brow ridge formation and anterior dental loading, via the craniofacial angle (prosthion-nasion-metopion), maxilla breadth, and discontinuities in food preparation such as those observed between different age groups. Finding strong support for the first two criteria, she concluded that the supraorbital complex is formed as a result of increased tension due to the widening of the maxilla, thought to be positively correlated with the size of the masseter muscle, as well as with the improper orientation of bone in the superior orbital region

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 685, Deleted member 4053, Deleted member 6400 and 8 others
low iq :(

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621, ChaddeusPeuterschmit and her
Chewing hard foods make your brow ridge more prominent who would’ve known

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6400, diggbicc, BackFromTheMogging and 3 others
I'm so hot and cold with chewing. I've read a lot of literature that have come to positive conclusions about chewing but I still can't shake off the feeling of getting a boulder face.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202 and PubertyMaxxer
I'm so hot and cold with chewing. I've read a lot of literature that have come to positive conclusions about chewing but I still can't shake off the feeling of getting a boulder face.
Don't overdo it, people here chewing 5-6 hours are putting too much stress on their masseters we as humans should chew for a max of 1-1.5 hours at a time, do that every other day and your masseter size should remain within the normal range

• +1
Reactions: BasedSpinelet257, Deleted member 2846, Deleted member 3202 and 1 other person
You had over 5 people asking for a tldr so give one goddammit

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Treasure223, Darkstrand and Deleted member 3479
TLDR: The face receives the pressure caused by mastication ESPECIALLY by mastication on the FRONTAL INCISORS, studies revealed that it causes increased osteoblastic activity in the glabella concluding that it increases bone mass in the supraorbital region to better dissipate pressure caused by mastication

• +1
Reactions: Treasure223, Deleted member 6400, giving120everyday and 5 others
TLDR: The face receives the pressure caused by mastication ESPECIALLY by mastication on the FRONTAL INCISORS, studies revealed that it causes increased osteoblastic activity in the glabella concluding that it increases bone mass in the supraorbital region to better dissipate pressure caused by mastication
So basically better eye area

So basically better eye area
yup pretty much, this happened to me firsthand too tbh, i might upload before afters

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand and Deleted member 685
yup pretty much, this happened to me firsthand too tbh, i might upload before afters
Please do in pm bro. I did mastic gum for months and helped my jaw but that's it.

I wish it could shorten midface

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6400 and Chintuck22
Please do in pm bro. I did mastic gum for months and helped my jaw but that's it.

i'll make a post about it in a few days just remind me if you can

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6400, draco, BasedSpinelet257 and 2 others
Chewing will never make your jaws sharp, it will make them round

you need a side wing/jaw implant for that sharp jawline

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, Treasure223, Deleted member 2621 and 2 others
i'll make a post about it in a few days just remind me if you can
Reminder

What's your nose length? And wasn't there some thread about premolar chewing shortening the midface

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
you wont get a boulder face if you can get down to around 10% body fat

• +1
not when you are already an adult ffs.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Treasure223 and Deleted member 6401

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 3043
Lmfao there’s this kid in my class with extreme bruxism, it literally looks like he went to eppley and he split him open and shoved in a giant ass carrot on top of his browridge

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and diggbicc
Lmfao there’s this kid in my class with extreme bruxism, it literally looks like he went to eppley and he split him open and shoved in a giant ass carrot on top of his browridge
so this is not a good thing?

• +1
Carrot browridge or death

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and retard
so this is not a good thing?
In moderation it is but not the extreme like he had, this kids head is a cube, he had a really severe case of bruxism, 30 mins of daily chewing would accomplish nothing near levels he had

• Love it
  • +1
In moderation it is but not the extreme like he had, this kids head is a cube, he had a really severe case of bruxism, 30 mins of daily chewing would accomplish nothing near levels he had
is it better for best results to do it with premolars or incisors ?
And open or close mouth ?
Have you seen any results, even in zygos ?

• +1
is it better for best results to do it with premolars or incisors ?
And open or close mouth ?
Have you seen any results, even in zygos ?
I don’t think you should chew a lot with incisors, probably premolars are best just for safety, don’t think it matters too much open or closed, don’t reallynknow if it affects zygos

• Love it
  • +1