Meditation makes you more dark triad

Deleted member 6400

Deleted member 6400

Kraken

Ironically, both psychopaths and Tibetan monks detect deep emotions that are invisible to others. Psychopaths are much better at recognizing “those telltale signs in the gait of traumatized assault victims” notes The Wisdom of Psychopaths author, Kevin Dutton.

Tibetan monks, steeped in meditative practice, are also especially adept at reading feelings that are hidden from the rest of us, Paul Ekman discovered. Ekman, is the preeminent expert on lying and on the six universally expressed emotions in the face -- anger, sadness, happiness, fear, disgust and surprise. Scarily, psychopaths score especially high on the Hare Self-Report Scale of psychopathy in seeing those core expressions, especially the ones that make us most vulnerable, fear and sadness, according to Sabrina Demetrioff.uncaptioned

Another astounding finding was that, in lab tests, a Tibetan monk had no startle reflex reaction to “a gun being fired just centimeters away from the ear: the maximal threshold of human acoustical tolerance,” reports Dutton. Ekman, and his co-researchers, Robert Levenson and Richard Davidson, concluded, according to Dutton, that “practicing a relaxed state of mind” is conducive to “keeping a cool head at one time or another.”

Yet it appears that psychopaths don’t need that meditative practice to stay calm under pressure and or to be inordinately observant, especially of weaknesses in others.

Psychopaths feel little or none of the arousal reactions (heart beat, sweat, blood pressure, etc.) that others have when viewing “a series of horrific, nauseating and erotic images,” found Dutton. Like the monks, psychopaths have greater self-mastery of their emotions. Unlike the monks, however, they seem to be born with this capacity to not feel nor react.

MRI scans show that after an eight-week course of mindfulness practice, the brain’s “fight or flight” center, the amygdala, appears to shrink. This primal region of the brain, associated with fear and emotion, is involved in the initiation of the body’s response to stress.

As the amygdala shrinks, the pre-frontal cortex – associated with higher order brain functions such as awareness, concentration and decision-making – becomes thicker.

The “functional connectivity” between these regions – i.e. how often they are activated together – also changes. The connection between the amygdala and the rest of the brain gets weaker, while the connections between areas associated with attention and concentration get stronger.

Yoga Nidra boosts Dopamine Levels in the Brain by 65%

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, GreenHat500, Clark69 and 17 others
interesting

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Deleted member 6400
ty

• +1
Nice

Will definitely meditate today

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10177 and Deleted member 6400
no dark triad for your face

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 10177, Deleted member 1973, Patrick Baitman and 10 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, Barbarossa_ and Deleted member 6400
The results of this can be boosted to oblivion with shrooms as well. It is incredibly legit if your issues are only mild.
(less risk)

There are a lot of studies to provide evidence for psychedelics & mindfulness and their therapeutic effect. I stumbled upon a study and this guy's experience which I found interesting:

"LSD and psylocybin have both been associated with fear extinction in animal studies.

Perhaps it's one of the evolved defense mechanisms for certain mushrooms. It's thought by some that psylocybin evolved due to it's capacity to reduce feeding behavior in insects. It could be that psychedelic mushrooms also has a mechanism to prevent mammalians from ingesting it by making the animals more vulnerable to predation/hazards via reduced vigilance even long after the chemical has been metabolised.

My case study: I recently ingested a seritonergic hallucinogenic and experienced a similar effect. The capacity to look at faces without any sort of anxiety response was an incredibly novel experience for me. I feel the ability to read emotions during the experience was heightened several fold. The effects of the drug have persisted to a lesser degree for weeks so far and my social anxiety has been dampened by a great deal. I think a large component of the change is less focus being placed on negative outcomes of social interactions."

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Deleted member 6403 and Deleted member 6400
Now there is me, a psychopath who meditates daily. I am Invincible

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3828 and Deleted member 6400
Meditationmax

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ezio6, Htobrother and Deleted member 6400
legit thread repped, amazing theory but still no dark triad for bad face

imagine 5'4 indian janitor dark triad xd

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, HighIQcel, Deleted member 1751 and 3 others
how to meditate and how long for starters

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6400
how to meditate and how long for starters
10 min or 5 min if you think 10 is too hard,breath deeply and slowly while sitting in a comfortable position,let thoughts simply come and try not to judge then,if you start thinking bring the attention back do the breath

more details in this video:

if you didnt really get it use an app called Headspace,i learned with it

and you can try this one here,the ideias are similar but its more focused on breathing,try it and see how you feel

• +1
Reactions: GGG_THE_GOAT and MentalistKebab
what makes you win in life is having no attachment to existence

it's partly why drug dealers and low inhib criminals have some level of appeal to women

you only ever have the present moment and there is NOTHING in this life to hold on to. No outcome makes a difference in the end point of a life. It's the cycle of life and death.

Caring/attachment = ego and DEATH for living life.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: ChadFucksYourOneitis, Deleted member 1973, HighIQcel and 5 others
just be a psychopath theory

• +1
10 min or 5 min if you think 10 is too hard,breath deeply and slowly while sitting in a comfortable position,let thoughts simply come and try not to judge then,if you start thinking bring the attention back do the breath

more details in this video:

if you didnt really get it use an app called Headspace,i learned with it

and you can try this one here,the ideias are similar but its more focused on breathing,try it and see how you feel

thanks man

Can attest to:
* Being less reactive to outside stimuli;
*Being more calm under pressure.

I have lost some of this, due to not meditating anymore since like 1 year.
But the 5 years before that in my Buddhist religious phase, I have meditated alot.
I even been to a few week long silent zen retreats, with like 6 hours of daily meditation, and silence (no talking).

The process of stimuli -> reaction. Became less automatically for me.
Let's say dog barking, my family members all get irritated and stuff. Now, but for me, I can just be block it out, or I don't feel anything about it much and just decide what is best to do if I wanna do something or not.

You can become more calculated. Because less driven by emmediate reactions and feelings, caused by a stimuli

it's partly why drug dealers and low inhib criminals have some level of appeal to women

you only ever have the present moment and there is NOTHING in this life to hold on to. No outcome makes a difference in the end point of a life. It's the cycle of life and death.

I must add also.
Some stuff of me also died from all the m we meditations I did.

Could not find: a soule, a self , etc.. therefore became 100% nihilist I think they call it. I couldn't find anything with meditating for many hours. All I found was mental / mind processes, plenty semi hallucinations after sitting meditating so long without stimuli. The brain at some point starts hallucinating things happening, pictures, sounds, smells, and even feelings. Strange stuff. We all really do life in our our own heads mostly I found out, and that to a very large extend ititrue that perception = reality

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, ezio6 and Deleted member 6400
These monks are pretty interesting. I don't remember where but there were instances where people made monks take psychedelic substances and it had little to no effect on them. I think it was discussed in the JRE episode with Dorian Yates.

• Woah
  • +1
If only bluepilled PUAs could use this to tap into the emotions of a female, retards

• +1
These monks are pretty interesting. I don't remember where but there were instances where people made monks take psychedelic substances and it had little to no effect on them. I think it was discussed in the JRE episode with Dorian Yates.
I have done retreats in the past, among Zen monks. like a couple of silent weeks. like 6 hours of mediation per day, and no talking, no music, no phone, no internet, etc..

I read those studies too. Also a study I read that monks with dementia behaved differently, they were aware they had it and something was wrong, whereas most average people don't and think they just fine when they have dementia. In general. There is more disaasocitaion with yourself, and at the same time more/better observation of what is going on with oneself. At least m

I meditated alot (like really alot in the past, not 30 minutes here or there, but even reatrates of like 6 horus of mf mediation per day). And last year, I did muchroom psychedelic, psyloccibin.
Comparative. Obviously, the muchroom trip was alot more intense. Long mediations, are a bit similar to such a trip, but then in a light like 20% version, plus with alot more sense of control.

Basically. Meditating alot, maed me kinda dis-associate with myself a bit. meaning a bit of "distance" or disassotiation with: feelings, thoughts, internal reactions. That has good and bad points, for b\me it was overall good, because I'm more of a stressfull/nervous person by nature then I would like.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and JizzFarmer
WTF

no reason not to spend 10 mins a day sitting down and doing mindful meditation tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and JizzFarmer
Good thread

• +1
I WILL DO THIS AND BECOME LOW INHIBITIONED

I WILL BECOME AWARE OIF MY SURROUNDINGS AND THEN

I WILL BE IN CONTROL YES I WILL BE IN CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!

Bacon head1

• +1
Jfl at all the non dark triads trying to do things to become one. You must be molded by a dark past, most likely you have had too much wisdom at a young age from witnessing or experiencing stressful events that can leave you emotionally scarred and influence personality traits. Dark triad maxxing has to be done at an early age or it’s very difficult to change. Think about how most criminals and serial killers are made, serial killers have no remorse because they live in a different fantasy, it’s sort of similar but not with murder but they learn to manipulate and use people and are void of emotions which can really only be inflicted at an early age.

Last edited:
Dark triad is cope.

@Nosecel gtfih

No personality for your face

Dark triad is cope.

@Nosecel gtfih

No personality for your face
There is no need for me to say anything. Everyone knows that already.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973

No truer words have been spoken

• +1
Of course it does.

You don't attach to a personality role and adjust accordingly to the scenario you are in with the type of person or people you are in front of.

• +1
it's so fucking boring and i get bored after 3 mintues tho

• +1
After 5+ years of daily meditation, I can confirm that I am close to what is described here for the monks.
It went even a significant step further 3 weeks ago.

• Woah
Interesting, We need a High IQ Radical guide on Cucking the amygdala and reducing its size

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3828 and Deleted member 6400