Melanotan log

that's interesting, sorry I didn't realize you tagged me.
I intake a shit tonne of potassium, salt and magnesium over my typical day, normally through potatoes, tubers, bananas etc.
on the days that I didn't eat potatoes, I noticed the stretching and excessive yawning, you're on to something, I've searched most forums for an answer but most don't know what to suggest is causing it.

enjoy the boners friend, I definitely did.
I eat a high-potassium diet most of the time and I almost never yawn or have the urge to stretch. The ratio of sodium/potassium is more important than total potassium intake though. Most people have a severe imbalance in their diet.

Definitely getting more boners. And it's only the beginning, as it seems. Funny thing is, I often get a boner when I eat. Never experienced this before. Eating sugar also feels much more satisfying. Idk if you can feel improved insulin sensitivity but I get kind of a "sugar high" feeling. Might be placebo though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 2756
. Idk if you can feel improved insulin sensitivity but I get kind of a "sugar high" feeling. Might be placebo though.
probably not a placebo.
anecdotally, when I was on MT2 after a carbohydrate-heavy meal I could really feel myself being filled out, my muscles were hard as fuck and I felt insanely lean, seems as though the majority of my glycogen was being shuffled into my muscle instead of the being stored in my liver and adipose tissue, which can be attributed to the insulin-sensitizing effects.

I need to find a study I read a while back, in the study, there was a control group of mice and a group of mice being treated with Melanotan and a major calorie surplus, at the end of the 4-week trial, the mice that were fed a caloric surplus but were also administrated Melanotan lost significantly more weight than the control group, whilst also maintaining stable fasting blood glucose levels.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
probably not a placebo.
anecdotally, when I was on MT2 after a carbohydrate-heavy meal I could really feel myself being filled out, my muscles were hard as fuck and I felt insanely lean, seems as though the majority of my glycogen was being shuffled into my muscle instead of the being stored in my liver and adipose tissue, which can be attributed to the insulin-sensitizing effects.

I need to find a study I read a while back, in the study, there was a control group of mice and a group of mice being treated with Melanotan and a major calorie surplus, at the end of the 4-week trial, the mice that were fed a caloric surplus but were also administrated Melanotan lost significantly more weight than the control group, whilst also maintaining stable fasting blood glucose levels.
I talked about that weightloss effect in rats (I think it was rats, not mice) just recently in a thread of mine. I couldn't find the study though.
Keep in mind that the animals received the MT2 via infusion into the lateral ventricle of the brain as opposed to subcutaneous injections like we do. So effects might be different in humans.

https://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/10.1139/cjpp-2016-0290

What interests me more is whether you ate in a calorie surplus yourself when you were taking it and if you could observe any weight/fat loss. I might try and find out myself. I can eat like a horse if I want to. Just not looking to put on fat. But if it works, it'll be lifefuel for many.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 2756
I talked about that weightloss effect in rats (I think it was rats, not mice) just recently in a thread of mine. I couldn't find the study though.
Keep in mind that the animals received the MT2 via infusion into the lateral ventricle of the brain as opposed to subcutaneous injections like we do. So effects might be different in humans.

https://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/10.1139/cjpp-2016-0290

What interests me more is whether you ate in a calorie surplus yourself when you were taking it and if you could observe any weight/fat loss. I might try and find out myself. I can eat like a horse if I want to. Just not looking to put on fat. But if it works, it'll be lifefuel for many.
great, yeah that's correct, it was a rat study.
It's interesting to me that you've noticed the hair darkening effects to a slight extent already, my hair only darkened during the end stages of my cycle when I had already gotten to my desired shade, I guess it's just user-dependent? maybe got to do with the genetic expression of melanocortin receptors within hair?

• +1
great, yeah that's correct, it was a rat study.
It's interesting to me that you've noticed the hair darkening effects to a slight extent already, my hair only darkened during the end stages of my cycle when I had already gotten to my desired shade, I guess it's just user-dependent? maybe got to do with the genetic expression of melanocortin receptors within hair?
Genetics. My father had black hair and naturally dark skin, my mother brown hair. I'm taking quite high of a dose too, 500 mcg per day.

What about the fat loss though?

• +1
What about the fat loss though?
well, it was concluded in 2008 that genetic proclivities for uncontrollable obesity can be the result of melacortin-4-receptor gene mutations. I'd assume the mutation has to do with the underexpression of the receptor and it's respected gene, resulting in less activation, equating to uncontrolled feeding behaviours and increased chances of diabetes, weight gain, binge eating etc.

this could explain the fat-loss and appetite suppression that can be found within Melanotan usage, the actual active 'drug' is literally just a synthetic alpha-melanocyte-stimulating-hormone analogue with a longer half-life than endogenous MSH.

I really didn't notice the appetite suppression, to be honest, my appetite is already quite low. I did notice fat-loss, but I'm sure that was just a direct result of the insulin sensitising effects. Only experienced nausea and facial flushing when I took above 500mcg.

• +1
No, I don't have sleep apnea. I sleep 9 hours without waking up in the middle of the night.
Check your anal cavity

• +1
well, it was concluded in 2008 that genetic proclivities for uncontrollable obesity can be the result of melacortin-4-receptor gene mutations. I'd assume the mutation has to do with the underexpression of the receptor and it's respected gene, resulting in less activation, equating to uncontrolled feeding behaviours and increased chances of diabetes, weight gain, binge eating etc.

this could explain the fat-loss and appetite suppression that can be found within Melanotan usage, the actual active 'drug' is literally just a synthetic alpha-melanocyte-stimulating-hormone analogue with a longer half-life than endogenous MSH.

I really didn't notice the appetite suppression, to be honest, my appetite is already quite low. I did notice fat-loss, but I'm sure that was just a direct result of the insulin sensitising effects. Only experienced nausea and facial flushing when I took above 500mcg.
Just noticed that I don't only already have my tan back now but am actually a little darker in the face than before, with my "natural" tan when I had used tanning beds twice per week. Hair color change is very noticeable, especially beard which used to have lots of light hair and is now turning very dark brown. My lips have become brown too which looks kind of funny. This stuff is very potent, haven't sunbathed or used a tanning bed even once since on it. Thanks for the recommendation.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 2756
Update 4:
9 days in, current tan mogs all tans I ever had before, in terms of darkness. It's literally becoming darker after each single injection. No sunbathing, no tanning beds; indoors most of the time. Hair has become dark brown. Eyes look lighter due to color contrast.

Downsides: moles popping up/darkening and brown lips. I even have moles on my lips now. Have cut back on my dose because I feel that I can easily go overboard with this substance. Melanotan 2 = instant nigger tan in a bottle, nek.

Inb4 "brb - using imagination". Have been too lazy to take pictures but there's plenty of before and afters of people who use(d) MT2.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 2756 and Deleted member 6401
Update 4:
9 days in, current tan mogs all tans I ever had before, in terms of darkness. It's literally becoming darker after each single injection. No sunbathing, no tanning beds; indoors most of the time. Hair has become dark brown. Eyes look lighter due to color contrast.

Downsides: moles popping up/darkening and brown lips. I even have moles on my lips now. Have cut back on my dose because I feel that I can easily go overboard with this substance. Melanotan 2 = instant nigger tan in a bottle, nek.

Inb4 "brb - using imagination". Have been too lazy to take pictures but there's plenty of before and afters of people who use(d) MT2.
any new updates, I'm curious at this point.
fark you're so fucking lucky man, I only got the slightest bit of hair darkening, and that was on upwards of 500-1mg of it daily.

Why would you want to look like a nig?

any new updates, I'm curious at this point.
fark you're so fucking lucky man, I only got the slightest bit of hair darkening, and that was on upwards of 500-1mg of it daily.
Yeah, many new moles and darkening of old ones. It appears I also have moles on my lips which looks like I just ate chocolate and didn't wipe my mouth afterwards. Anything I can do to stop this?
Why would you want to look like a nig?
A tan is like makeup. It can conceal minor flaws, improves eye color contrast, looks healthy and makes you look slightly leaner than you actually are. On top of that, darker hair is almost always better for men.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2658 and OOGABOOGA
I’m about 5 days into .25 mg/day. No tan yet but boners, nausea, flushing, and appetite suppression so I know it’s legit. Just gonna take my time with it.
No, I don't have sleep apnea. I sleep 9 hours without waking up in the middle of the night.
Waking up in the middle of the night =/= sleep apnea. I don’t wake up and I don’t even snore but I have very bad sleep apnea. If you follow all the mainstream sleep advice and you’re still tired it’s worth getting tested

I’m about 5 days into .25 mg/day. No tan yet but boners, nausea, flushing, and appetite suppression so I know it’s legit. Just gonna take my time with it.
I'm currently testing whether it allows me to eat in a significant calorie surplus and still maintain or even lose weight, as it was the case with rats according to a study. I've been eating like a horse lately. Appetite suppression didn't last long.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
Yeah, many new moles and darkening of old ones. It appears I also have moles on my lips which looks like I just ate chocolate and didn't wipe my mouth afterwards. Anything I can do to stop this?
you're in an iffy situation, you're using Melanotan without sun exposure, which will ofc tan your skin but areas of your skin that are rich in melanin will benefit most, like freckles and moles, your moles are essentially darkening disproportionately in comparison to your skin.

don't worry, after discontinuation, they'll disappear, just watch out.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst and Deleted member 1849
Does skin/hair go back to its original colour after discontinuation?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849
How long are you going to inject for @Bewusst

it depend on how long you use, how much you use, how your body reacts, etc.

moreplatesmoredates said he developed a permanent tan from MT2.

• +1
I wished it doesn't but I guess so
How long are you going to inject for @Bewusst
Can't tell you that. Maybe I'm gonna quit once solariums open up again, maybe I'll keep using it at a lower dose for the hair color and insulin sensitivity benefits and to get away with fewer tanning sessions.

Last edited:
  • +1
Update: Despite no tanning/sunbathing, I'm already a bit darker. The MT2 has been suppressing my appetite a lot. Did my second shot now. Good news is, it's a sunny 20°C outside which will make me regain my tan even quicker.

Only side effects so far have been mild flushing after the first injection, mild nausea, some muscle twitching, appetite suppression (good) and more boners.
cope

Hey man thanks for updating us, but why no pictures? Kind of defeats the purpose

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst